1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I agree on the first part.

Ideally I'd want all 3 though as don't want to potentially miss out on Diawara now I've looked into him. But that defo won't happen.

JML67 likes this.
  2. DonnyCelt

Engels for me, with the Polish lad and Diawara.

Also would a LB and CB be too much to ask for.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Diawara as a LTB I can get onboard with. Engels seems the best all rounder who can fill the MOR void and Sanchez as a no. 10 type to take Holm's place again I can get behind that.

Knowing us though we will sign maybe 1 of the 3 whichever is easiest or cheapest to get over the line. (Diawara on loan coming)

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

But we already have Liam Scales!?

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    We won't be signing 3 midfielders . LB and CB are essential surely .....

Pretty sure Bogusz and Beck will happen . Then a CB late on.

6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Look at the very next post to your one I'm quoting here.

'Protests need to happen if we don't sign proven quality'.

How would you interpret a quote like that? What kind of protest is appropriate for the circumstances, and what would the cut off point be for 'proven quality'?

So no, I don't need to separate those things like you say. I'd say folk need to consider the impact their anger towards the board will have on the team, and be * extremely wary of it in how they go about things.

7. DonnyCelt

BR wants 2 midfielders for sure. Said we need one but will need two should (when) Matt goes.

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

The "how's" I have no idea, I've never organised a protest in my life. Doesn't mean I don't agree with the sentiments of one and back the cause of it though.

The fans make Celtic both on and off the park, the board operate the commercial business but supporters plough the cash in that pays their wages. Everyone needs to be accountable for their jobs whether it's a goalkeeper letting in a howler or a CEO failing to deliver key targets the manager has identified.

You've already been vindicated in backing Rodgers last season, but even he is at loggerheads with the guys above him. Surely even you must see that something isn't right???

9. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Honestly, the guy that runs the Celtic Spares Facebook group almost * me off as much as the board during transfer windows. It's supposed to be a group for people to advertise and find tickets for Celtic matches. But the * constantly posts Celtic transfer news, like he's the Hoops Romano.

Tonight it's "As I said two days ago, well it's finally happened. Good luck Matt O'Riley. Deal close to 30m".

* up, we're only here for the TICKETS.

And before anyone suggests leaving that group. I'm there for the tickets.

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic will resume negotiations for attacking midfielder Mateusz Bogusz after LAFC’s cup final on Sunday.

The two clubs have begun discussions over a potential deal for the 23-year-old.

However, LAFC don’t wish to move forward on a deal until after they have played Columbus Crew in the Leagues Cup final this weekend.

Bogusz scored in their 4-0 semi-final win over Colorado Rapids on Wednesday night.

Celtic are on the hunt for two midfielders before next Friday’s deadline, with Matt O’Riley set to depart for Brighton.

The Hoops are also keen on signing Augsburg’s Arne Engels, who is valued at around £9m, but no contact has been made yet.

The Scottish champions have also been credited with interest for Lausanne-Sport central midfielder Alvyn Sanches.

Sky Sports News revealed in June that Celtic have been keeping a close eye on Dundee midfielder Luke McCowan’s situation. He is the subject of a third offer of £750,000 from Hibernian, with The Dees looking for around £1m for their captain.

11. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    That's our business done for this year. Energy bills are going up in October after all

12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate all am trying to say is, no matter what madness is going on off the pitch...when it's down to the business of playing games of fitbaw, Celtic operate better when we have full and unconditional backing from the support in the stands.

I don't want any Lawwell/transfer window/dividends/0% ambition/monitoring/heated driveway patter to distract from what we do best.

Well aware how am viewed on here btw, it is what it is. I get * off anaw at lack of progress, I'm no * stupit.

JML67 likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Never thought you were stupid, stubborn as * aye, but that's why it becomes frustrating.

Nobody will disagree that the full backing of the team leads to better chance of success but that is exactly the reason this summer was a huge chance to kick on. Rodgers won over his doubters but the folk above him have failed on their duties to improve his toolset.

We are on the cusp of going into this season woefully prepared and fans will be well within their rights to voice their displeasure. If that affects the football team then for me that's down to the executive team above them.

themouth1888 and gary88 like this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So we end the window potentially £25m in profit we should be spending every penny brought in from March when abada left until we finish our sales.

Currently standing at £46m since march in and £13m out so that's £33m with most likely another £7m in sales so there's £40m to get spent and you haven't touched a penny in the bank!

15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I honestly do get all that. I spent many a year losing the rag at us not fulfilling our potential, downsizing, having 'Willo Flood/Steven Flethcer' windows etc etc.

But I've came to believe, at the ripe age of 41, that sitting in the background throwing accusations at the board for not being ambitious enough, may actually be me slinging mud while not knowing the in's and out's of the challenges the club faces with regards bringing quality players in.

I might be wrong, it might be a case of big bad Peter and his band of stooges resisting any sort of progress, so they can cash in their bonuses.

But I strongly suspect that it's more a case of us residing in an absolute footballing backwater that makes it near impossible to operate at a level we expect as fans. The * running the club absolutely cannot win, and if they are ousted through force (protest) the next * will face exactly the same challenges.

It's so easy to get caught up in the hysteria of transfer window madness, but imo the smart * take a step back and try to consider WHY we struggle to live the fantasy. (Spoiler: it's not down to the people running the club not wanting success).

16. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Good to see we’ve been proactive.

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The media have an obsession with this Polish lad being a CM he isn't a CM nothing in his stats or heat maps suggest that.

The amount of cash we have now taken in since march is unreal. With a potential few million more from MJ moving on with 1 or 2 other fringe players. Could easily hit £50m

Should be spending the same if not more.

Ideal final week

O'Shea £12m
    Engles £8m
    Sanchez £3m
    Bogusz £8m
    Widndal LTB

£31m out added to the £13m spent your still in a profit or £6m player trading or you could buy widjnal and break even wouldn't have touched a * penny in the bank!!!!

Reality

Beck
    Mccowan
    Trusty
    Some obscure loan from man city or benfica

18. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    We will be getting 2 people in max,someone I know, knows more than me and I've mentioned the names in the transfer rumours thread and all I got is a laugh and a "where did you read that *". * the board

19. horseshoe

You sound like a happy clapper, we all know our board secretly want us to fail because we need the mythical blue pound, that's why we've hoovered up everything barring the freak covid season, and scottish football being * is not a factor in us signing players and letting them move on, we're actively choosing to downsize over the last 20 years while the bigger leagues have pulled away from us to the benefit of nobody just because....just because we have alright!

Double Dutch likes this.
  20. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    Although to be fair this * told me celtic. Were never going to match the valuation for Idah so there hope yet.