1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yet many thought it would.

Week on Saturday the collision couse will be on and if the huns get a result at CP the fans will be gunning for the board

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Lol, so in 100 days with an active transfer window in 2024 we've signed:
    Idah (twice)
    Kuhn
    Sinisalo
    Schmeichel
    Bernardo

So a player signed on average every 20 days of active transfer window - with 2 of them being a converted loan and one a free transfer. But we will definitely get 5 over the line in the remaining 9 days.

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ye stick by your guns mate i will give you that. You will either be proved right or like me many times proved a * 1 or the other chief

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Kyogo goes we need 7 in 9 days not happening i will make peace with it hopefully next few days

5. themouth1888

The proved right part ship has sailed for the happy clappers. Proved right would have been not starting the season with 1 LB and 1 striker who's got a dodgy shoulder.

6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Don't think anyone is suggesting we will definitely bring the 5 players we need in.

However, I believe we will. As has been stated many times before, the clubs down south are starting to finalise their squads for their season ahead and the domino effect is going to start, where we will benefit. It's quite clear Rodgers is targeting a specific level of player and he wants to wait, be patient and see what he can get towards the last few days of the window.

No doubt in my mind that we have deals in place for multiple players, in multiple positions, who are waiting to see what offers they have before making that decision.

Celts88 likes this.
  7. themouth1888

Mate the happy ending can't happen now. The minute we started the season with the squad we did it wasn't good enough.

Can we now look to improve? Yes but the time for pats on the back has expired weeks ago.

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What do you mean by 'proved right'?

9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So if we strengthen, win a double and do well in Europe it won't be a happy ending?

Celts88 likes this.
  10. themouth1888

I do get what you're saying. Ok fair enough I'll say there us still time for the happy ending but there will be no well dones or pats on the back for the board as we have * about something silly and taken risks when there was absolutely no reason to.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If we sign 7 players in the remaining days of good quality I'll get a Peter lawwell tattoo. All is forgiven.

Till January.

88jimmij88 and Foxy_Bhoy like this.
  12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You've stated many times that you'd give zero credit to the club regardless how well they do, as 'it's their job'. Fair enough. I hope you're better at supporting the players in real life cos you never do on here.

Celts88 likes this.
  13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I'm struggling with this 'take risks' stuff. Like, I get that leaving it late reduces the time to get someone in but surely bringing in guys from obscurer leagues where interest in them is low is a risk? How do you know you're signing someone that can come in and instantly improve the team? How do you know you're signing quality?

This is why I've always been fine with delaying until we know we are getting quality players in the door. I'd rather sign no * than another Kwon, Yang or * Tilio. That's half our problem right now. Getting these * players out the door who aren't good enough. We essentially had to hand Kobayashi a free transfer so we could get him off the books, we are having to punt guys out on loan who were signed a year ago.

Celts88 likes this.
  14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I want a guarantee, here. 7 only if Kyogo goes, 6 if O'Riley goes.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I agree with this but also I don't believe fully that it takes until the final 7-9 days for every single target of ours to suddenly open up.

I get that for some aye due to squads changing and trickle down effects however I find it hard to believe we couldn't have got a couple more players of quality in and settled by now if we really wanted to. Even the amount of time to sort Idah and Bernardo seemed excessive. Idah I think we'd still.be negotiating for were it not for Kyogos shoulder and potentially us hearing of City's interest in advance.. I think we just ended up paying what they wanted all along.

It will be interesting to see what happens this next week because it could still backfire regardless and we panic buy on the 3rd or 4th choices.

It's certainly risky. But I'm glad we haven't bought a load of projects again. Hopefully it pays off.

16. themouth1888

Na if we had done early business I would have said fair play to them. We done our usual though and * about.

I'm just not the type to stand at the door to wait for the postman to shake his hand for delivering my mail.

17. themouth1888

Starting the season with 1 LB and Kyogo as the only striker with a dodgy shoulder wasn't a risk?

I do understand that the longer you wait the more targets that will open up for us. But we * around on 2 absolutely gimmes in Idah and Bernardo and we've needed a LB for over a year now.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    7 if both go and that would be it.

One needs to be O'Shea :BR1:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

We will have to wait and see but I do think it's a risky game to play. What if these other options that these hypothetical targets have are better and they tell us no at the last moment? We're then down the list to get a player of lesser quality in without the benefit of having had them in the door for a proper pre-season where they could've made up for that lack of quality on the main target by working with Rodgers and playing non-competitive fixtures.

We might still pull a few rabbits out the hat but what we've seen so far isn't inspiring any confidence in that outcome.

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    It's definitely risky. I just think that's where we are at the minute, in terms of where we are in the football food chain.

I just think that, even now, players we look at from obscurer leagues are going for mega money. Gronbaek went to Rennes for £13m, players from Denmark are going for £20m these days. Nanasi from Malmo is signing for Strasbourg for £9m. Not saying we can't afford these sort of fees but they're huge risks attributed to signing these guys, too.

I'm willing to give the club the benefit of the doubt this window, because we have made a rip roaring * of the recruitment department and the footballing department. If the rumours are true, and we are close to finalising a complete revamp of our recruitment, then in January, or certainly the summer of 2025, I will expect us to be far better and far quicker with bringing signings in.

Celts88 and Westlondonscot like this.