1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Technically it makes it worse because we do actually only have 1 left back.

2. constant

If it all comes to fruition, and I am praying it does, as you have to invest to accumulate is my motto, then it is going to be a strange looking Celtic team that takes the field, but we will get used to it.

Out with the old favourites, and in with the new favourites.

3. Bangarangura

I was hoping kyogo would see out his contract...

oh bhoy likes this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We lose 2 of Kyogo, MOR, Hate or CCC we will a shambles.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

oh bhoy likes this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    IF kyogo goes for 20m as well that's about 45m up front for him and MOR. Not accounting for the money from every other person going out thendoor, *, maybe even upwards of £5m for Johnston.

That should all be given to Rodgers. It won't be, but it should be.

I'd be fine (not really but certainly more comfortable) with losing these players if I thought we were ready to press the button on 5-6 quality additions to immediately come in before the end of the window.

But let's be honest the chances of that are slim. There's nothing we can do but wait and see how this pans out now. As the day has gone on I've reached a stage where its no really worth worrying about as its just standard from us.

CCV to be linked tomorrow with Man United nae doubt.

Random Review likes this.
  6. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We need enough players as it is.

7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Record running that a deal for the Polish lad is close and we want Engels to replace Matt.

Additionally.
    "The Scottish champions also want a left-back, where Liverpool’s Owen Beck remains amongst their options. They also want another left central defender, striker and a winger."..

Maybe that 6 players in isn't far off. :giggle1:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I can't quite fathom the idea of Kyogo going to City TBH. I still can't imagine it even. But if it does happen, I'll take back what I said yesterday and join you on the "time to panic" bus. And that's assuming the board aren't daft enough to even contemplate selling CCV or Hatate too.

Forestbhoy66 and Mr Shelby like this.
  9. DonnyCelt

With Yuki gone and Lagerbielke going, surely a CB coming in.

10. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
  11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Get the feeling Rodgers will be given a week to assemble what he's demanded when we get everyone out the door. We are gonna be cutting it fine and risk dropping points at st mirren with all this distraction in the process

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Crilly likes this.
  12. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Mental that it looks like we're doing major surgery on the squad 11 days before playing the zombies and only 1 month before our first CL game. Nothing like getting players in and giving them a chance to settle and learn the tactics eh?

craigtheceltic and Forestbhoy66 like this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Just off the back of @bhoy_wonder post, was about to say that Scott Burns in the record saying about the Bogeusz deal being advanced and Engels still being on the "agenda" to join him but only if MOR goes.

Says we still want LB, CB, RW and ST too.

not sure if that striker would be a kyogo replacement or just this mythical third choice.

That'd be 6 players either way. Would be astonished.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are pushing to striking a deal for £8million-rated LAFC star Mateusz Bogusz.

The Hoops are in talks with the Major League Soccer outfit for their prized asset. The Pole has previously had experience with Leeds United and is keen for another crack at a big European club. Talks are progressing well and there are unlikely to be any issues on agreeing personal terms with a 22-year-old. He could join fellow Pole Maik Nawrocki at Celtic Park

Brendan Rodgers said after the weekend win over Hibs that he wanted to bring in another midfielder. That could be added to if Matt O’Riley is sold. Brighton and Celtic remain in discussions to see if a club record deal sale can be struck for the Hoops midfielder. Augsburg midfielder Arne Engels is very much on the radar but would need to be funded by the sale of O’Riley, with Celtic also keeping close tabs of Lausanne midfielder Alvyn Sanchez.

The Scottish champions also want a left-back, where Liverpool’s Owen Beck remains amongst their options. They also want another left central defender, striker and a winger

Meanwhile, Yuki Kobayashi could be about to head off the exit door. Portuguese club Portimonense want him, with reports in Portugal claiming the deal is already done. He has already knocked back interest from Dundee and St Mirren in this window.

Gustaf Lagerbielke is also in talks over a loan to Dutch side Heerenveen. Celtic would prefer to sell but want to recoup some money. English side Derby County are also interested in the Swedish defender.

Winger Mikey Johnston is also attracting interest from Burnley. He had a stellar season on-loan at West Bromwich Albion last season and now their rivals want him for another crack at the Championship. Reports in England claim that Celtic have also knocked back interest in Cameron Carter Vickers from Atalanta, Besiktias and Galatasaray. An offer is yet to arrive from Man City for Kyogo and it's been reported they want up to £20m for the striker.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Kyogo, mor, hatate lined up to be sold.
    Desperate need of a left back.

We lining up a failed euro striker playing in MLS and two Dundee players from last season.

Yet some will still not find it in them to question what's happening.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

henriks tongue and oh bhoy like this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Seen numerous folk suggest that 5-6 players is what has been peddled to the media and it continues to be what's reported.

Would be * wild tbh. Its like we would be doing a rebuild within 9 days :giggle1:

Believe it when I see it. But that's what's needed. At the least.

craigtheceltic and McChiellini.. like this.
  17. Sgt Neppers*

Need to sell O’Riley to fund Engels...that's a plant by the club that and total *.

They spout about being stronger than the previous window, they just mean financially stronger...

Links are exciting, but mean very little. We've been linked with about 30 players already. Need serious action here.

Peej and JML67 like this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm starting to worry with the players who look like they'll be going but I do see there being a lot of movement in this last week..

Hopefully it is 6 or so..

If we lose 2 starters in O'Riley and Kyogo and bring in 6 quality players then we should be stronger as a team....but probably won't get as good replacements for the 2 outgoing..

Gonna be interesting to say the least :giggle1:

craigtheceltic, Crilly and Mr Shelby like this.
  19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Reeks of we've been waiting for the guarantee of a O'Reilly fee before seriously strengthening.

craigtheceltic and Mr Shelby like this.
  20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Crazy how late we leave it. Even if no first teamers ended up leaving it would still be late. The fact 1 or maybe even both of the clubs 2 best attacking players are going in the last week of the window and we have still not strengthened one bit is mind blowing. Whoever is coming into the replace these guys has to hit the ground running with the games that are coming up.

Peej likes this.