1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum

Bit early to be on the mushrooms bud.

JML67 likes this.
  2. The Man in Black

Kyogo out and Edouard in?

totti-88 likes this.
  3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    We will definitely sign at least 4 players. Absolutely convinced that we will.

4. FrankMcCallum

Everybody needs to calm down. Aye, we’ve got one left back at the club but it’s not easy. Yous think it’s football manger or something?

No professional footballer would ever dare live in Scotland either getting paid 25k a week. Don’t be so ridiculous.

* nick. As are the fannies that try and justify this * every six months.

5. Celticbhoy97

We’ve signed four players lad, 2 of which were already here the one of the other two won’t see a minute of fitbaw the other is Brendan’s mate.

If you think this reactionary board won’t just replace Kyogo and MOR with players at a fraction of their sale value then I’ve got a bean stock to sell you

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Funny thing is it'll be the same again in January and next summer.

Some people don't seem to get it. There's a common theme here over many years.

7. henriks tongue

It's really (or should be) simple.....you bring in the talent you need before your most marketable players leave - we have the excess finances to take that approach and are ultimately trying to improve our first 11 anyway, right?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to estimate who is most likely to leave or who we aim to sell and for how much.
    If our biggest targeted sales (MoR) don't exit this window, they will next next window and worst case, we are stronger on pitch with still plenty in the bank and solid increased asset value on the playing side that helps us secure sporting success and greater financial income.
    We then let everyone compete for first team slots and sell the ones aren't critical to the first team during next windows and bring in better again. Repeat.
    That's continuous improvement.

But we wait, we monitor, we procrastinate, we do one deal at a time - taking an eternity to do so, we walk past the best opportunities, don't buy big until we sell even bigger and then panic at the end secretly hoping for a net profit rather than an improved first team and then use the last minute panic as an excuse for the next happy clappers AGM.
    Repeat.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
    thailandceltic likes this.
  8. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Don't think there's much in the Hatate rumour, O Riley is 100% for the off imo.

Can't see Man City genuinely pursuing Kyogo. Could have well been on a list of potential candidates but can't see them pursuing it further.

Still I'm in panic mode about new recruits mind you.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I don't think the club will just replace O'Riley and Kyogo. I think we will do the business we need to, which is at least 4 signings, 5 if Kyogo goes.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Guardiolas no2 worked with him in Japan, Kyogo openly praised him and said he hoped to work with him again one day. Kyogo moved agents start of the month to one with 2 City first team players on the books. Kyogo plays well against city in the US.

Romano and the Athletic reporting it and saying he's one of only 2 options.

There's definitely something in it.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  11. James Gold Member Gold Member

So if Kyogo goes we'll be after 2 strikers, 2 midfielders, LB and a centre half as a minimum with just over a week to go... Plenty of time. Keep the faith and all that patter

12. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Who's the other option?

I just find it really sureal that arguably the best club in world football is pursuing him and not a sniff of any other club even monitoring him?

I get what you're saying about the city number 2 but could that not be a case of putting 2+2 together and getting 5?

13. apevrak

If we lose Kyogo and MOR it could be the worst window ever. Along with CCV and Calmac, the four of them are the backbone of the team. We're inviting the opposition to a title run with millions in the bank.

14. ML6

Absolutely wild this

15. themouth1888

Huns are an utter * state and look at us. Should be miles away and if we are not careful we will be just 1 step ahead of them. * as *.

Yes bids will come in for our players but that's why you don't run a squad so thin in certain positions.

16. Big C

So we are in the situation where we are no stronger than last season, about to lose MOR and possibly others. I am absolutely sick of our board!! Say we get 3 or 4 in, they’ll be weeks/months away from understanding how Brendan wants them to play and adapt to it!! * in the CL again and the board will say, we signed a few, it’s too * late!!! Don’t they understand anything about the actual game of football and how teams gel and develop!!!???

craigtheceltic likes this.
  17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

is it still time to be patient guys? i'm not an uber tim so I dunno how to respond to this latest transfer news

James likes this.
  18. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    We were sleepwalking into a disastrous window I think we have finally arrived what a * shitshow

19. FrankMcCallum

Hmmm.

This seems entitled.

Do the 90s and Tony Cascarino mean nothing to you?

JML67 and James like this.
  20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Apparently the other option is Eze from Crystal Palace, who would cost around £50m.... so I just don't know where the original article is coming from.

bhoy_wonder likes this.