1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

Where I wouldn’t be accepting that offer I would be encouraging them to come back with a bit more and we would talk. We are going to make a loss on him it’s about limiting that and taking what we can get for him. I do doubt we paid the reported fee for him upfront it probably included add ons. In addition, we will be paying the fee in instalments so anything we may still be due being written off alongside some money back may be welcome.

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If we can get Idah, a LB, CB and O'Riley's replacement over the line (or keep O'Riley) that would do for now. I'd love for us to add a CDM, another ST and a winger into the mix but I'd be shocked if that happened now, I think we'll likely give Iwata another shot at proving himself over the year and it looks like we'll give Palma another shot a LW until January at least (We're fine at RW imo)

Could see us 100% going for a winger in the January window if Kuhn doesn't keep up his form and if Palma is still a sub.

Rydo1888*, Celts88 and totti-88 like this.
  3. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Would be happy with all that too as long as the LB and LCB are proper upgrades and not and understudy or projects. I would really like us to get a 3rd striker/winger someone that can play both positions in just now a younger type with really good potential on a loan to buy like we did with Edouard.

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

If it’s true Idah will be in squad for Sunday then we are surly due another signing. If we weren’t then this would be delayed until near the end.

5. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Or transfer dealings have been terrible, really bad, the last few windows, again really poor.

Since Pistol Pete has come back it’s gone poor again, no coincidence but I’m just glad we have this nearly complete.

6. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    Bernardo - Celtic pay less than expected price but that's poor transfer dealing.
    Idah - Celtic pay more than expected price but that's poor transfer dealing.

Common denominator - Celtic supporters having a whinge.

Belgian_lad likes this.
  7. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    So you have just taken my reply out of context regarding replying to another poster.

Did you see my original post that they replied too?

previous windows have been poor, are you saying Rogers last two windows have been good? The club was extremely lucky that Rodgers got the best out of the players.

Please see my original post about Idah that the previous post was the reply too. I explained in full why 9.5 million is not an issue.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  8. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    Your comment "Or transfer dealings have been terrible"

My comment was in relation to this, are you now saying you actually meant not all of our transfer dealings have been terrible, just the previous seasons?

9. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    In directly replying to the other poster talking about past windows.

like I said. You simply can’t just take one snippet of a reply and then try and make out or spin it into something else.

Look at the original post, follow the other members reply and take the whole thing into account without jumping on that one thing.

As I said before look at the original, reply and see why I came to what I said before you jump in at the end.

also just to add, are you saying our last few windows haven’t been bad?

10. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    It was your comment that said "Or transfer dealings have been terrible".

I'm not trying to say anything about the previous couple of windows, that would be hard to argue against being bad. Do you believe this is the case currently or not for this window, that's the only reference I was making?

11. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    I’ve answered this, look at my original post talking about Idah deal.

Also I clearly stated about our past windows which was in the reply by the way.

You simply can’t take one line and then try and twist and make it into something it’s not.

I’ve clearly explained myself several times now, go back and read the whole thing from the beginning and you will have the whole picture.

So I’ve answered you pal, could you do the same for me? Have the last windows been good? In terms of us being better off and adding that quality we needed?

12. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    I did answer: "I'm not trying to say anything about the previous couple of windows, that would be hard to argue against being bad"

and I did look at your original post and it only talks about Idah, nothing said about this current window, whereas your next post which I commented on did: "Or transfer dealings have been terrible".

Got a bit of a bee in your bonnet with this one.

13. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    I’ve not got a bee in my bonnet, I’ve just seen that now, you have replied countless times for no reason, when you could have easier have ready my first reply to the original post and it wouldn’t have got to this point?

I think we can both agree with that.

I need to edit this with the other thing you put, the other poster introduced the other transfer dealings from previous windows…….

Again I commented directly to him, maybe look again. Also the other windows have been terrible.

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Mental how deflated we are about this window that we are now bargaining for another player or two after Idah.

The past few seasons have seen continual sales and failure to replace lost quality.
    Mooy, Abada, Jota, Giakoumakis all offered goals and assists and made us good money.
    Starfeldt also brought in approximately £4m.

Even when taking Idahs hefty fee into consideration, we havnt reinvested a fraction of the fees of those players and we still might lose O’riley.
    The club still lacks way behind in both recruitment and strategy, which has badly needed reformed for years now.

We brought Brendan back, but we still see significant activity before the close of the window, we are going into the CL campaign under-equipped, once more.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Kinda now hoping this is the start of bringing in players

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Do you remember the time when the board told us that we didn't have bags full of cash just laying around and that the money in the club goes out again.

... Now we literally have bags of money and are taking until we have two and a bit weeks left of the window to actually spend any of it.

Before some sad act chimes in with we're spending money on Idah... We still to get any NEW outfield players. We still have a left back, center back, winger and midfielder on our shopping list.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  17. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    No Idah in the squad so must be up the road.....Still not saying a thing until I see a photo of him and @Notorious outside CP.

Attached Files:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

He's in London but he has passed the medical

Should be announced possibly sometime this week I would guess

Celts88 likes this.
  19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Probably Friday

20. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

even with Idah id say we need another striker unless rodgers actually tries meada there for once