1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Im more worried that this spells the end of Kyogo... A far superior goal scorer.

No way Rodgers is pushing through an initial 8.5m without him being a starter.... Which again, has me worried.

Idah is decent striker, no more no less, and yes, i do think Miovski is a better player, which we could've got for half the price.

Ive been wrong about strikers before, Scott McDonald, Leigh Griff, Giakomakis... But 9.5m all in for an English Championship striker? Its * mental to me.

At 9.5m im expecting a young, ready made goal scoring machine, ready for Europe and set to be moved on for 3-4 times in the price in a few years.
    Not a Norwich bench warmer they deem a future prospect.

Weve had our pants pulled down on this.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He’s already proven himself for us. As close to a no brainer transfer as you can get.

Tommy25, Rydo1888*, The_Bhoy and 10 others like this.
  3. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    It's BR's pants to pull up or down, his choice.

Assuming we go all the way for a treble, and the additional 8 games in Europe we'll play 56 games in a season and no way could Kyogo go on a run that long without regular breaks or injury. Idah showed in 6 months the potential he has so coming here on a permanent transfer can only improve.

"I do think Miovski is a better player, which we could've got for half the price" What has he done in the SPFL that Idah hasn't, and half the price when they've said up to 7.5M for him.

"a Norwich bench warmer", Idah wasn't a Norwich bench warmer while at Celtic. What was Hopper, Griffiths, etc. before getting their breakthrough at Celtic???

"Kyogo... A far superior goal scorer." last season Kyogo 38 games 14 goals, Idah 15 games 8 goals

Tommy25, The_Bhoy, Boruc17 and 2 others like this.
  4. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Hibs, motherwell and ibrox. Crucial goals which helped us win the league and automatically in the champions league

His transfer fee has been covered by this alone

5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    "What has he done in the SPFL that Idah hasn't, and half the price when they've said up to 7.5M for him."
    Done it with an absolute rank rotten Sheep team behind him, on many occasions he literally scored out of nothing. The new estimate is one from this week, we could've pulled the trigger at Christmas, or eben the start of the summer.

"Idah wasn't a Norwich bench warmer while at Celtic. What was Hopper, Griffiths, etc. before getting their breakthrough at Celtic???"
    Hooper was banging them in, as was griff at wolves, they were playing regularly.

"last season Kyogo 38 games 14 goals, Idah 15 games 8 goals"
    C'mon now. Please dont eben. Kyogo with the Ange tactics or Idah with BR's .. its not even close.

I dont understand why ppl keep posting up wholly irrelevant stats to prove a point, last week someone did the same with scales, implying he was better than CCV, because of passes made and recieved and headers won.

Kyogo is one of the most lethal attackers in the uk.
    Dressers had more shots and goals per minute than Kyogo last season... Should we sign him?

Bangarangura likes this.
  6. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    I guess it's all about goals with strikers and kyogo should have had more, but his positional play dragging opposing players away from their area does help a lot . Means more players get chance to score. And I think kyogo will get loads this season

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    I never said Idah was better than Kyogo, of course Kyogo is better, but you were dismissing Idah as a "a Norwich bench warmer" which isn't recognising the value he's added to Celtic. Just like Kyogo has his attributes even when not scoring, Idah has his attributes that are beneficial when he's not scoring too.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Kyogo is 29. Idah just turned 23 in February. They’re at different ends of their career which is something that should be taken into account when comparing them, and their goal tallies.

Tommy25, The_Bhoy, Pogues and 5 others like this.
  9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Why is this even an argument? Kyogo or Idah?

Quite clearly we absolutely need both..

firstly the amount of games we play and secondly they are complete opposites in terms of style which we also absolutely need too. Thirdly the way the game is played now with 5 subs, to have two top class strikers is gonna put the fear of * in Diddy defences... off comes Kyogo on comes Idah or vice versa, Yes * please... not to mention if one is suspended or injured...

It's a good signing and I couldn't give a * about the price, already paid for with his goals last season.

Him and Kyogo are hunskelpers, never have enough of them...

10. Sween

I'm probably in agreement with you but ultimately I trust Rodgers and we shouldn't complain about not spending money and then moan about spending money. And really given we don't spend what we bank, whether we overspend on the odd player doesn't really matter.

I also wonder if our ideas of value are just out of date. Oh leaving for around 4m is crazy to me given he's only a year younger than Idah and he really did nothing in his time here. Lawal going for 2m straight out our B team surprised me but I don't know anything about the guy. So I'd argue Idah is worth significantly more than Oh and Lawal combined.

I think money spent on players nowadays is much less based on "value for money" and far more based on how much a team wants a player and how much money they have to spend.

Tommy25, Jeannie960 and neilly1987 like this.
  11. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Mental our fans are at times. Pure * mental. Idah joins on loan.
    Who is this donkey norwich reject etc etc.
    Idah chips in with hugely important goals, contributing to very important league win and CL qualification
    Right Celtic pay the money get him in quick. Celtic do the usual haggling like *.
    Celtic fans go nuts. Pay them what they want ffs.
    Celtic agree fee with Norwich.
    Shocking paying that for him. We shoulda got Miovski!!!!!

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Wake me up before you go go, who needs Miovski when we’ve signed the provo.:party22:

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Celtic fans - spend money! Woah, not that much.

I think he's going to carry on his form so I don't care that he's going to be expensive.

What I would like to see more of is him using his stature and strength more. I know that sounds mental but I want to see more performances like the one we saw at Killie. He absolutely bullied and ragdolled that defence. That's not even going on about his goal or his link up play, which was outstanding.

I want him to be a more agile John Hartson. Don't take * from the defence, let them know they ain't ever getting the ball before you or off you.

Him and Kyogo are great options. Horses for courses. Killie and Ross County away etc just scream Adam Idah. Hibs and St Mirren etc scream Kyogo.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

But the Aberdeen boys just been sold for more or less the same :56:

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

Honestly we finally sign someone that’s proved themselves here and people still moan. Hopefully another £20 odd million to be spent on players the manager wants. We can easily afford it.

Tommy25, honda, Blochairnbhoy and 2 others like this.
  16. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    I think he is the big guy we need up front to Bully the defences and he will do that

Tommy25 and Celts88 like this.
  17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Sometimes you have to pay the going rate and im sure Rodgers seen enough to tell the board to go and get him.

The guy secured us CL football this season and also the cup. Probably the league due to the importance of his goals at Hibs and Motherwell also. He also scored a huge goal at Ibrox against the run of play.

If he does the same and helps us to the league title this season, you wont hear anyone mention his fee.

I think Idah has a more rounded game than Miovski and gives different types of goals as well. Idahs physicality is a major bonus as well as he offers us something that Kyogo doesnt. Im actually happier we paid the money for Idah than paid slightly less for Miovski.

Idah wants to play for Celtic and he he has shown already he can do it in big moments.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I hope this isn't the case, would prefer to see a dedicated striker who would maybe be an understudy to Kyogo and Idah.

It will be a long season, minimum of 8 games in the CL, players will pick up injuries along the way, important that we are well prepared for the task ahead, forward planning at this stage will be key to our success.

Tommy25, eire4 and Celts88 like this.
  19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    The board have really done a number on us the fans :56:They've actually conditioned our way of thinking over the years if we can be shocked at paying out just under 10 million for a decent player. Our levels of expectancy are all over the place :56:We rake in money season after season and it's all good an well showing other clubs that we're not an easy mark but for goodness sake do we have to look tinpot about it all? The boy is worth it for what he will bring us in return.

Bye the way I wasn't all that fussed about him but he has proven to score important goals and we're in desperate need of a striker.

Jacob knows likes this.
  20. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Having two totally different types of forward can only be a good thing for is too.