1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ML6

Past anger now, I’ve completely checked out of this transfer window, ending exactly like we all predicted sadly.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The man's literally told us he's had those talks, they've amounted to nothing.

What you think he should do next, have the same talk and then say "oh okay" and get the head down?

Or perhaps call the board out and make them at least embarrassed to be this inept.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and TheHappyLoss like this.
  3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I know it’s hard to be patient and to expect us to get the deals we need to get done but I’m still semi relaxed.

We know there is going to be a lot of movement down south in the next few weeks as players continually move and teams try to balance out their squads and remain within PSR.

Still hope to see a left back, centre back, winger and O’Riley replacement at least, as well as Idah.

MusselburghBhoy and Celts88 like this.
  4. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    My only issue with BR leaving first time was the timing. If he had left at the end of the season, I wouldn't have had any issue. I didn't want him back but when he came back I backed him as you have to. He seems pretty chilled this time around and I quite like him again (although I do miss Angeball) This time around I'd have no problems or beef with him if he effed off, none whatsoever as the last three transfer windows have been utter garbage and we're the richest we've ever been. The whole scenario is a total joke and BR gets a clean pass from me (apart from some of his tippy tappy boring pass it all over the field football) but in fairness it's been better so far.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Even if/when idah gets over the line, we are still worse off as Oh is gone.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  6. TheHappyLoss

Agree, Brendan is in a position of power. He’s pretty much won back the goodwill of the fans. If the board discipline him for speaking out there would be a huge backlash

NakamuraTastic and Peej like this.
  7. Sentinel

I'm going to try and limit my viewing of this forum so it's only on match days. It's really not good for my mental health waiting for theses detestable * to pull their fat heads out their arses and actually dare to dream of making us a team that stands a hope in hells chance of CL respectability.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and ML6 like this.
  8. themouth1888

Think back to January this year.

We were involved in a title race had just had a poor-ish patch of form (for us). It was clear the team needed strengthened and there was the mega bucks CL jackpot at stake.

With all these riches at stake what did we do? Next to nothing, a loan move for Idah 10 seconds before the window shut.

Now my point here is with all that money at stake we done next to nothing. Now that money has been banked why do we expect the board to do any extra now? Even with us being (on paper) weaker than last season.

We are mugs for thinking we would show any ambition.

9. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fair point good sir!

10. StevieBhoooy!

I don’t think Lawwell and co care one bit…

They’ve got guaranteed money wherever we finish in our group….

… and the bonus of an extra full capacity home game this time around as well.

The closure of the ST list is a prime indicator that they don’t need to worry about inwards cash flow for the medium term at least and can pretty much do as they please.

There’s a business logistics strategy called ‘just in time’… it’s risky and involves materials, resources etc coming in and out only at the point of need to save on storage costs, upfront payments etc…. It can be good economics while it works… but when it goes wrong… it goes WRONG..

Celtic plc seem to be operating the footballing equivalent… more a sort of ‘just enough’ logistics..

ie… squad ‘just’ good enough to win the league… even a treble.. because that’s what guarantees the £££

… having a squad good enough to do something in Europe makes little or no difference to that income and that’s all that matters.

11. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Reckon we'll see a few last minute loan deals (hopefully with options) from the likes of Man City, PSG, Chelsea, Man United, Benfica.

12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    That's a fair call to be fair

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
    Lewis Kerr likes this.
  13. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    Ok another scenario, so the talks have happened, BR is happy the way things are going, no need to * to the media as all ok.

Appreciate 99.99% don't believe that's the case, but it may be closer to the truth hence BR keeping quiet.

14. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    'We?' :fear:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yet he's already "bitched" to the media during the American tour.

Guy seemingly can't do right or wrong it seems.

16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Another fair point

Lupis likes this.
  17. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don’t think BR would come out and say the board are totally inept that they failed, even if that is the truth and they stymied him at every turn. It unprofessional and all other clubs would see him as a loose cannon so further aspirations as a manager are done.

I believe when he said he had a meeting with the two principals to get them moving, he must have said pull your finger out and get these deals done as there was an awful lot of digs in the media about the board sleeping or taking to long to get back to other clubs.

I believe there is 2-3 players with Idah being one of them that they are trying to get, I think this is the minimum BR has set but I think he’s accepted the fact MOR is going and his replacement is in the 2-3 players we’re hoping to land.

I think we failed when the recruitment team was pushed and we had not replaced or indeed we had not identified a person take that responsibility on, it looks like we’ve spent the summer trolling BR black book of contacts or drumming up old agents we’ve been successful with in the past to see if they have anything for us.

big clubs don’t operate in this fashion, we have a big audience and a potential but we have small minded people running the show disappointing.

18. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    I only say “we” because at the end of the day I live in Austria and I’m a football fan
    So though Celtic are of course my number one team I’ll always follow a local team ( lived in Dorset so that was a Yeovil!!!!) and RB are my local team and so got a ST

19. wulliebad

My only worry is how often BR in interviews says we need players and need them now. How badly must the board be draggin thier feet when the manager talks about it so often.
    I know he gets asked all the time but still......

20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fair enough sir. I've posted 8,600 comments in five years and you've posted 382 in fifteen years, so they are definitely your number one team. Good for you and welcome!