1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I didn’t want us to sign him just after he arrived but he changed my mind towards the end of the season where he had the neck for scoring vital goals. That is hard to come by in a player. He seen what was on offer with us compared to Norwich and over the recent years they are a club who have shown no ambition. The way they set up leaves their strikers stranded at times. Even as far back as Gary Hooper who could score goals for fun.

I hope we seal the deal quickly but only at a sensible price. Wouldn’t be surprised to see our board let it run until the last day of the window. That would force Norwich’s hand to accept an offer that isn’t the overinflated £8m price we have been hearing. £5m in this deal is plenty for a player who wants to move on. A player they can’t get the best from as they don’t play to his strengths. A decent chunk of money they can refresh their squad with. It’s getting very tedious now.

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, I actually don't mind if they try to force the price down by waiting until the end of the window, as long as the deal gets done in the end.

I do see one thing slightly differently, though. If on the evening the window closes, Norwich still haven't budged, I want us to just pay the money.

packybhoy and Artorias like this.
  3. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    This deal should've been binned weeks ago he is not even that good

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  4. Sentinel

Looks like it's because he's on the books of this Unique Sports Group. Apparently nearly every player we've been linked to this window are on their books.

We clearly have no * clue how to act like a proper football club and have outsourced our transfer dealings to pretty much 1 agency.

Thousands should be at Parkhead demanding the board resign. They are a cancer, killing our chances of ever progressing past SPL dominance. If we don't sign many more players this window, injuries could even affect that. It's beyond abysmal.

themouth1888 and Artorias like this.
  5. Damnati

This is the type of hyperbole I've talked about elsewhere. You've literally read that on here that a lot of links are signed to the same agency and now you are stretching that to saying we've outsourced our transfers to an agency. If you go into the transfer section there are a large number of players that do not appear on that list.

Again, plenty to criticise at the club but I think as a support we have a habit of taking facts and weaving a negative story out of them.

Celts88 and Sentinel like this.
  6. BrownsGhirl8

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing/This Land Is Your Land/YNWA
    This should have been announced 10am today. Absolute riddy how its being handled

7. Sentinel

No, you are right. I've felt we have had an extremely narrow-mindedness approach to transfers for years now though.

We always seem to go to the same well over and over, whether that's an agent (Dudu Dahan), a country (Japan then Korea), a team (Benfica) or a manager's knowledge - Ange overlaps here for the Japanese.

I know these are only a few players in total, but everything about us screams small amount of contacts in World football. I hope I'm wrong, but that fact about most of our links this year being under 1 umbrella really, really concerns me.

Damnati and NakamuraTastic like this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Yet in reality most players will go with the big agencies. They afteral have the most contacts, so in essence your saying you can't believe your buying most your food from one of the 4 major supermarkets and not all the local shops. Makes sense most signings come from the same few big agencies. They don't just manage a couple players at a time.

Celts88 likes this.
  9. Sentinel

Good point, but using that analogy it feels like Peter only wants to shop at Lidl.

Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Aldi, Costco and Sainsburys are all off limits and M&S and Waitrose are not to be mentioned for fear of death!

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye he's shopping in the own brand section :56:

11. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    Unique Sports Group have 575 players on their books and we've been linked with 7.

If you think that's us going gungho with just the one agency then batter on with your conspiracy theories :86:

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.footballinsider247.com/celtic-to-complete-adam-idah-deal-after-what-ive-heard-mcavennie/

Celtic could look to bring Adam Idah in on a season-long loan from Norwich City as they struggle to meet his high valuation.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, former Hoops striker Frank McAvennie revealed he had heard that Idah’s £7million price tag has raised questions surrounding the deal at Parkhead

However, he hinted that a loan deal could now be on the cards and backed the club to land a deal to sign the striker for another season

This comes after Football Insider revealed that Celtic have continued discussions with Norwich over a potential deal but have struggled to make any progress

The Ireland international spent the second half of last season on loan at Parkhead and scored nine goals in 19 games, including the winner in the Scottish Cup final.

His return became a priority for the club, but the price tag continues to cause delays

Celtic are in need of a new striker to play backup to Kyogo and in case of a potential injury which would leave them with no option.

Idah stands out as the obvious candidate given his exploits last season, and is being chased by the club, although no progress has been made

As a result, McAvennie has insisted a loan move may be the better option if the clubs are unable to agree on a lower fee than his £7million asking price.

I would like to see it,” he told Football Insider.

I’ve heard from my sources there are still a lot of questions about the fee, and I think £7million might be too much.

He’s going to be contesting with Kyogo, which is great because they’re two completely different players and that’s why it worked last year.

But if they can’t agree on a fee, I’d say try get him back for another year on loan.

The recruitment team and the club do like him, but is he going to get a game? I don’t know. He wouldn’t walk straight into the team.

Get him on loan for another year, see how he players and then see how it goes from there.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Mcavennie. Jesus.

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Football Insider have been good this summer, to be fair. Absolutely no chance we are discussing a loan. McGowan already confirmed we are close to agreeing a deal.

Celts88 likes this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Where's the Signings !

[​IMG]

seamus1967 likes this.
  16. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just waiting for Aberdeen beating us to his signature with their Miovski money lol

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Mind they had sima going to rangers for £14m this summer...

If it turned out to be true and it's a massive if then question need to be asked why we are hoarding the cash

18. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    If my aunt had balls makes as much sense as "sima going to rangers for £14m"

Still doesn't change we need to get our fingers out and get some quality players in.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You're right in regards to Football insider, but in this article they seem to be taking the notion from Frank McAvennie, who has never got anything right about us in regards to transfers

20. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    Fixed :50: