1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If they get through to the group stage of the UCL you can bet the huns will have 2 or 3 deals ready to go.

NakamuraTastic, Peej and sabzz1888 like this.
  2. Belgian_lad

but Salzburg have an unlimited amount of income because of red bull. They spend more on young players then many top clubs do! Certainly more then we spend on senior players. They are a marketing club, they balance their books by moving players between their clubs. 90% of their best players leave for Leipzig which are red bull owned too. So comparing ourself to them just isnt fair. Though they are well run which isnt hard with the company behind them.

Celts88 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  3. sabzz1888

100% they will be ready to push the button.

Our squad has regressed as it stands, if the zombies actually click and some of their signings turn out to be decent we could be in big trouble.

We simply can't stand still the risks are huge.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  4. Bangarangura

People are really acting like it's such a farfetched idea, however with all the information we have in regards to previous windows under other managers , it fits the narrative. Some of you are acting like Brendan is a selfless saint. His number one priority will always be himself, his own development and how to make himself look good. Or his targets he wants are unrealistic and unattainable for the board.

Overall I think it's a bit of a mixed bag , Brendan being pig headed and the board/ recruitment team not doing their job . I would love to know the players they came to him with that he rejected though.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Probably the same type of players we have hanging around the club and can't get rid of, is what he is rejecting.

I'm sorry I just find it such a bizarre argument. He doesn't want quality players...yet he's constantly asking for them. If he was just asking for them in the media to 'appear' to be doing something then we'd already have signed about 6-8 project types no doubt as we did last year. Clearly he wasn't happy with how we went about the past two windows so is being a bit more stubborn this time with just signing anyone.

Can you blame him?

What exactly are people blaming him for? For not wanting to sign below average players that are no doubt being offered up?

It seems like we have now reached the stage of the window where he will start getting the blame rather than those doing the deals and holding the cash.

Noone is acting like he's perfect. But the argument I was seeing made last night was genuinely bewildering. Tin foil hat *.

NakamuraTastic, Bangarangura and Peej like this.
  6. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Why do people still beleive this

they are no longer owned by RB

Pavlovic has just gone to Milan

Sollet is being chased my two German ( not Leipzig) clubs

Forson looks like he’s off to Norwich

we lost a forward recently to a Russian club

They most certainly don’t have the income we have

7. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Rodgers is not doing this on purpose. The problem lies clearly in the type of player he wants vs what the board really want.

There is a clear difference in expectation and that causes an issue in the amount of time it takes to get deals done. Rodgers has probably said I want Dara O’Shea over to Nicholson to get deal done.

Board probably aren’t 100% convinced on spending 7/8m on him and likely 35/40k a week and so they do go for him but they drag their heels a bit.

It would not be out of the realms of possibility that this is what is happening. Rodgers wants more experienced players - higher transfer fee - higher wages. The board say yes but I’m not convinced they really agree with the strategy.

So here we are with 2/3 weeks left and we are really no further on than when we started.

Sgt Neppers* and Mr Shelby like this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Another day and start of another week, gonna go out on a limb and predict we will sign no one.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Twisty and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Think Idah will sign this week and that’s it.

We’ll be scrambling about in the last 2 days of the window for about 4 players. As usual.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This is what I believe to be happening.

There's a disconnect between what he wants and what they think we should be going for.

They'd rather spread £8m over 3 signings than one guy on 40k a week. Which I'll never really understand.

I'm not saying we stop doing that entirely but we need to at least look at having 2 of those signings per window mixed in with maybe 2-3 projects that could be the next Hatate, MOR etc.

The market has changed as well though since you could even get a VVD for £2.5m. If we were to go to Groningen and ask for their talented young Dutch ball playing CB who's 6ft 4, fast and composed now, they'd want upwards of £10m easy.

So the board also need to recognise that.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100% think he will be here, but that's a next week effort with then the final week a late loan signing and a random project.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. sabzz1888

That's the thing also as it goes hand in hand with attaining bigger fees for our talent when they leave, teams see u spending 10m etc like ajax/fayenoord/benfica do then we can demand more.

Days of £1.5m signings getting you £20m+ are once in a blue moon, we got lucky with MOR but we are not even close to being in a position to identify another.

13. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    Mate are you for real :90:

We're on course for minimum double with a treble 50/50 chance (cups are never guaranteed) :62:

Belgian_lad likes this.
  14. sabzz1888

We are not as strong as last year, they have potential to be better than last year and even more so should they qualify for CL as they WILL spend the lot.

People have short memories of the run in last year when it looked like we were imploding.

So yeah I'm very serious.

We need better...

15. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    The question is if Kyogo is out at anytime long term would you be happy with Idah being our CF?

I never saw enough to say he’s Celtic no1 CF potential

And that’s what we need as a min

if we can out score teams then we are in for both exciting games and nervous ones even though the old ticker may take a hammering !!!

16. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    Did we also get lucky with Jota, Abada, VVD, Dembélé, Édouard, Frimpong, Rogic, etc.

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    What makes you say that? Go back to them last qualifying, they spent about £11m after getting to the EL final (which gained them roughly the same as CL qualification) and selling Itten, Bassey and Aribo, then qualified for CL and spent nothing until January. The idea that they will spend a * tonne is bollocks, because they have to budget for future years as next year 70% of annual review max on salaries, agent fees and transfers and they aren't guaranteed to get that revenue in future years.

Celts88 likes this.
  18. Belgian_lad

Sorry we are being off-topic here. So my final response on this.

1. none of those players have the quality to join Leipzig.

2. your name is still Red Bull, so no matter the ownership, you are still part of the group and have those advantages.the only reason ownership might have been changed is because of Uefa stipulations since meeting that other club in Europe is very real.

3. i often climb mountain near Salzburg and when there visit games of Austria Salzburg. What i hear from local friends with regards of blocking their new stadium etc, it disgusting!

Red bull type of clubs are whats wrong with modern football, eventhough football wise they often play attractive football! Its not personal to you, but your club and what it stands for is not my cup of tea. The only team I would wish them well for is against the huns.

19. sabzz1888

Jota - not close to £1.5m big outlay and hefty sell on clause
    Abada - Not close to £1.5m didn't get close to £20m
    Vvd - Not close to £1.5m never got even close to £20m
    Dembele - pre contract or would have cost more than we would have paid.
    Eddie - cost £9m
    Frimpong - pre contract or would have cost more than we would have paid.
    Rogic - we never sold and never worth more than £10m his whole career.

so ur post is just pure bs tbh

20. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    I don't have any short memory, I think you're the one who may have that problem. We won 11 out of 12 in the run in, whereas they won 7 out of 12.

We've won 12 out of the last 13 leagues, in the last decade we've won 7 of Scottish & League cups, on the other hand they've won 1 of each, but the Sevco are coming :55: