1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Can imagine Rodgers throwing a hissy fit and playing some fringe players in those early games and even in the CL..he did it last time he will rightly do it again.

Biggest statement would be if he puts Mikey J up front for a match lol

Skelleto likes this.
  2. mayo

You invest in the squad you do better in competitions making more money, make more from sponsorship, make more from merchandise, make more from player sales down the line.

Outside Hatatae I don’t know where our next big money sale lies. As it stands this could be our last CL appearance in a while. Bleak times.

NakamuraTastic, Peej and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Beginning to think this also.

Which is really hard to comprehend.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  4. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Nah not buying that, we’ve been selling assets left right and centre for years and not replacing them.
    a forward thinking team would be strengthening with the European places getting hard in order to make it a sure thing to qualify.
    Also, there’s a fair chunk of money that m comes from fans nearly guaranteed every season… don’t keep them happy and that season ticket money will start dwindling as well.
    I dunno what to think really other than they’re taking the *. Madness how a select few can control a club like Celtic with so many people wanting to see change. GET THEM OUT

NakamuraTastic and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Imagine we still only have one left back come 1st September :56:

6. PaddyJamieson

I'm obviously in the tiny minority here, but I'm still not panicking. Did I expect us to have done business earlier? Aye. Is it negligent that we've left it this late? Aye. But we still have three weeks. It shouldn't come to this, but I expect us to navigate those three weeks with the squad we have, and come out of the window with at least 4 new players in the door.

We won't spend big on an immediate replacement for O'Riley, because it's not the model. To expect otherwise would be naive. Is it possible we'll sign someone for a smaller fee who goes on to become as good as him? Aye. We've shown we can do that. Still lots of uncertainties around the window but I'll wait til the end of the month before reacting.

stew37 and Double Dutch like this.
  7. Sgt Neppers*

Longer he excuses and defends the bigger the patsy he's is and rightly gets pulled in to the firing line.

Not saying he goes studs up on them, but he needs to be more pointed publicly about it. Everyone watching cab see he's being sold short.

8. Sgt Neppers*

Guaranteed money in the bank, domestic success. Glass ceiling reached.

Or... push the bar higher. Spending wisely but having the proper structure behind this with the right staff. Bigger rewards and recognition in Europe. Attracts bigger and better staff and players long term. Success breeds success.

All thos comes with Spending to accumulate amd for Lawell, loss of control of there's a director of football.

He's a narcissist. He'll do what's best for him amd his pals ultimately.

Peej likes this.
  9. themouth1888

Now 400 pages and we've signed:

Brendans pal
    Back up GK
    Someone we already had last year.

10. Sgt Neppers*

Just trying to think logically. The other reason was maintaining a duopoly wi the huns. But I won't stoop that far yet.

Whatever their reasoning is, it's not good enough and there's no excuses.

They have to go. You're spot on there. They're dragging the club down.

Boruc17 likes this.
  11. themouth1888

We are now at the stage looking at the huns thinking thank * they look poor rather than just pushing on. Those * shouldn't come into our thinking.

And just to be very clear it they do make the CL watch them spend money like it's going out of fashion.

Lecs and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    What worries me the most is that while PL was on the right side of the fence, we magically started selling much, much more players for big money and bought more players at the same time. Now all of a sudden we have two big assets in MOR and Hatate. We have a decent team, but our model have clearly depleted since he hopped back over the fence.

I defended the * before but it is clear as day that it is him causing the majority of our problems, and it is frightinhly (spelling) similar to the 10 in a row downfall.

We got 2 weeks to deicide the future.

He is the type of guy that want to replace Kyogo with Miku, or CCV with Ambrose if it makes better numbers

But he has ppl over him who clearly support how he operate.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 8, 2024
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seen a few "will we reinvest the cash from Matt sale tweets" we didn't need to sell matt at all to invest in the team we had £80m cash in the bank we could have spent £35m this summer and it would have been covered by profit from this season ffs this club is a shambles when it comes to kicking on from a position of strength, we simply don't.

There is going to be a fair few people in 3 weeks time looking * silly not just here but across the support who thought we would actually strengthen that team.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't believe the possible selling of MOR has anything to do with the current situation.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    There is still time. You're right.

But that doesn't mean we can't look at what has been done to date so far and not be happy with it. Even if we sign 3 or 4 players from 20th August onwards say, I would still not be convinced that our recruitment structure and footballing structure in general is operating correctly.

Fair enough, judge in full at the end of the window, but it doesn't mean that concerns right now aren't justified.

I used to always have an expectation that we'd do something. Every window. But celtic have beaten that right out of me. I don't know how anyone can possible "expect" things to happen. They very well might, but I'm certainly not expecting them.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Aye there is still time but that dosen't excuse from the fact that we've entered into the start of the season way short of what we need, there can be no excuse for that, would still love to know what's been going on behind the scenes for the last 2 months, by the looks of it nothing.

17. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Any players that come in now, and as soon as Matt is sold we will announce a couple of projects and probably Idah or a Journeyman, will not have had a pre season with us and will need to get up to speed with the style of play and familiarity with their team mates.

I have no doubt we are going to be a weaker side this season and that is absolute negligence from a board that is clueless on the pitch.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    New players will have to get up to speed etc etc....................just for once this window i hope we'd do the right thing, but naw same old same old.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The scouting is a big issue here.

It's evident to me that Rodgers is hanging around the EPL like a bad smell waiting to see what props up. If a player can stay in England e.g. another option comes along like it did for O'Shea to Brentford, then they will 90% of the time.

It's an extremely difficult market to shop in especially when we play in Scotland.

If we had a sufficient scouting system in place we wouldn't have to be relying on the manager and his contacts. Which I personally believe is exactly what we are doing.

To not have a DoF or head scout in place by now is just negligence. In any other business how would this be allowed to continue without * getting the bullet?

Completely scunnered. £700k a year Nicholson is on without bonuses and he couldn't run a * up in a brewery now by the looks of it.

This is what happens when lawyers and bankers are asked to lead football clubs.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's all been said mate.. frustrating as * and not much can be done..