1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah, and in this time of horrendous mismanagement, we were still celebrating a league and cup double just there, and a treble before that.

:50:

2. Sentinel

Can we rename this thread to 'Big Fat * All' please?

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd normally agree that the shouts for players to be in by now is a bit premature given we still have a week of July left.

But it's not as if we have recent history of great transfer windows or even confidence that the 'wait' will be worth it.

I think the level of frustration being shown is purely as a result of 2-3 years maybe even longer, of having the same soundbites and same old * put to us as a fanbase. Every year we hear the same stuff and no disrespect Mr padmill, the same types of comments from people saying to give it time or wait till nearer the end of August.

After Lawwell literally apologising after the January window there really is nowhere to hide. We always seem to do our business later in the day and historically that had a detrimental impact on our ability to qualify in Europe etc. Luckily we don't have that issue this season but if things continue we will be back doing the same old next year.

There just seems to be no urgency about us at all. The board are reactive, not proactive. Seeing the likes of Scales and maybe even Forrest starting against Killie will just be a bit meh.

We may well crack on and do something later in the window that leaves everyone * as * for Lawwell but knowing how it's gone previously, I thjnk the frustration is justified.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Starting to get restless

5. Lewis Kerr

We're an absolute * shambles with no ambition whatsoever. Leeches, the lot of them.

End of story.

Peej likes this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is just a thread for relentless whinging now isn't it. :56:

HoopyT, Dannybhoy81 and Peej like this.
  7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    There was a season we had Dembele, Edouard and Griffiths to choose from..

Peej likes this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It also doesn't take as long as we do to do deals.
    There is evidence out there that proves we are poor to deal with, to put it lightly.

Of the players in so far, the two keepers, there really was nothing to have stopped them both being done a month ago.
    The Finnish lad could have been done as soon as the window opened in June. Kasper literally could have been signed up any time within the last 6 months.

The euros play no part in it really.
    I get some will use it for Kasper being away, but easily that deal could have been done and signed before he went to the Euros.

As for any other signings, the only ones is the two loan deals we had last season, neither of which seem close enough to being confirmed in the immediate future. Which is a bit crazy considering we had them here last year and these really should be a formality at times.
    Both players should have had personal terms sorted with the club, even at gentlemen agreement level. One had a buy option, I get the desire to negotiate it down, but that shouldn't have taken this long either.

So with just over a month left in the window, about the half way mark through it, it is dragging and the whole "windows no even shut yet" argument is now getting to be a bad excuse as we get closer to the end than the start of it.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We can forget about Mctominay that is never happening.

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I don't get this though, I understand the thinking from yourself, but practically I don't get it.

If it's that close and we are basically the ones dictating when to get it over the line, don't we now run the risk he gets an injury while training with Benfica? Risk that he's missed time with our coaches and players. He may not need much bedding in, but the benefit of being in America right now must surely outweigh him getting zero preseason at all with us?

Crilly likes this.
  11. murphy88

In spite of the board.

12. stew37

I suppose we could be as quick as the huns seem to be to get deals over the line, but then we'd end up with the same kind of team they have.

13. oh bhoy

after all the waiting around talking about getting quality in ,we ended up with khun in january ,is it gonna be any better this time around

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Valuable time being wasted when players could already be in the door getting up to speed with manager and squad ahead of the new season.

Looks like we'll be going with Scales and Taylor once again, dreadful lack of ambition from the Board just happy to collect the CL revenue, no intention of making us competitive at that level.

Nearly 3 mil for a win in the group stages and 800k for a draw, even that financial incentive is not enough for us to push the boat out and add real quality, it's all half arsed and make it up as you go along.

Rant over. :41:

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No one's mentioning the Huns.

We don't ever need to compare ourselves to them.

16. stew37

Ok, I picked them as they're the main challengers in the league we play in, but you can change them to any other club that buys up as much pish as they do without due care leading to a continuous lack of success and financial instability.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    How about we change the example to any one of the clubs who proactively get their signings done in an orderly fashion and do well?

Why is it always the slow and painful way the board like to operate or the dramatic - well the other option is we buy * and spend too much and go bust ?

18. stew37

Well in my opinion it's exactly the possibility of the latter! Don't know what I'd do if what happened to them happend to us.

We'll see what happens by end of break. I'm not particularly worried. I saw a comment on here when Kasper was linked saying something like 'for shame'. Can respect everyone's opinion but I can't not kinda laugh at that stuff, or the reaction of some.

When we signed Sinisalo right after there was a momentary period of calm, then back to pitchforks.

I won't argue with you @Peej you're a good poster and I understand the frustration from some, but again I'll hold off being furious personally.

Peej likes this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Cheers for that.

Yeah the keeper situation, hands down the clubs finally done right there.
    Sensible approach to having the older and younger head both here with both on a clear understanding of what the intentions are to be.

stew37 likes this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

Listen, as said all along, I get the frustrations...totally!

My point is, the transfer window is STILL open, at least wait until it's done. Not happy with the business done, then by all means * fire up the quatro and head to CP for a silent peace protest!

Until then, let them do what they're doing and see what they can produce.

As an aside, SkySports News is hardly booming with breaking news transfer activity - that's because there's hardly any movement across Europe, FFP rulings and fear from the "big" clubs signing multiple players every season is definitely having a knock on effect across the whole transfer window activity. We really need to understand this, it's not just Celtic that's frustrated here, it's lots of clubs.

Yes, of course we know the previous from "the board" in terms of transfer recruitments (even though the actual good transfers tend to get overlooked!) but ffs, the negativity, the * the bed and the furore is hardly called for at this stage.

Just * relax everyone!