1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    No-one is paying 8/9 million for Idah.. as I said they can hang onto a player who is unhappy and the fans don't want or they can do business at an affordable and reasonable price.. balls in their court I'd imagine but players usually get what they want

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    For what it's worth I don't think he's by anywhere near the finished article and has lots to improve on but if his performance against killie is anything to go by, definitely a player there.. as good a performance youl see from a striker leading the line

Twisty likes this.
  3. Foley1888

My first reaction is that sounds like a Mikey Johnston write up just for a striker.

Interesting if there is any truth in the almost sulking around stuff wanting back up the road. Being honest I actually don’t think a £4.5m bid is that far away from what Idah is worth. He does have potential as he showed at Fir Park, Ibrox and at Killie but he equally had a number of performances where he was awful. Dundee away, Hearts away, Rangers at Celtic park, Aberdeen at Hampden.

He reminds me a bit of Samaras, has all the tools to be a really good striker but often frustrates.

At the end of the day if Rodgers wants him so be it. Norwich have a pretty big rebuild of their own given the amount of players out of contract or in the last year of their deal where they have a decision to make. Time will tell what happens.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    henriks tongue likes this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Manager has said he will be an important player for them this season.

Move to ex players and move on ffs

henriks tongue likes this.
  6. Martybhoy53

Surely we must have another striker lined up apart from Idah. Spending the whole summer waiting for Idah ffs. Our recruitment is an embarrassment.
    We need other areas in the team strengthened and another striker.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We never had a clue about goalkeepers until last week and now we've two. Just because we've not heard anything doesn't mean we've not got things going on. People need to calm down.

Crilly likes this.
  8. kenniemk2

Don’t see this happening till nearer end of window where no one else has bud and they drop their price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m usually of this mindset but it’s not like Celtic haven’t trained us to develop that mindset

Peej and TheHappyLoss like this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Ordinarily yes. Champions of Scotland , a fortune in the bank, our nearest rivals look to be in bother again, but our board has a lot of previous in failure to deliver and push on.

Peej likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye even if it's a game being played by them, they are holding firm and out for the big offer.

Just move on already Celtic.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Would seem though, the finish lad has been in the pipes for months now, as rumours surfaced.
    Kasper is a go to option from Brendan, hardly scouted.

I'm happy to have both in, but let's not pretend they are two out of the blue signings that we acted swirly on.

Both are drawn out and unimaginative, even if they do tick boxes that are rightly done.

Same goes for Bernardo and Idah if either ever get over the line. Hardly indication that we do things proactively and working hard behind the scenes on multiple fronts - which we've come to know we don't do that.

13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    As far as has been reported they've had 1 offer of £4m.

Aye new manager sounds like he's a bit of a * but this is 100% down to Celtic and their usual * about and trying to * teams off. What are we * waiting on pay the * money and stop dragging every deal out. Same with Bernardo. 5 weeks to sign a player that wants to come and who's own club want shot of, a week haggling over a * sell on fee. It's embarrassing and only has detremental effect on the team.

Peej likes this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    But if Rodgers wants this guy specifically then Celtic shouldn't move on. It seems like someone he really wants and if it gets played out, while not ideal it is tolerable as the manager needs to be backed.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Your negativity astounds me.

Finish no 1 who's young and with huge potential? Aye he's unimaginative. I'd call it great business.

Jasper is a go to option? Yet ange signs some Japanese players who were his go to options and he's a messiah? Yet here we are having to offload most of them.

Just the usual undertones from people who have a problem with rodgers and the board.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100% agree.

Bernardo when more stupid since we had him here and a buy option. Literally the deal was done if we wanted it, but haggled weekly to the nth degree.

I personally don't think idah is work the reported 8-9m they asked for about a month ago.
    But if that's where they stand firm, suck it up and offer a better deal to entice them down, than 4.2 * million.
    Offer them the 6 and 15% of profit next sale. That's about as fair as both sides can ask for. They say no, * them and move on.
    They say yes, give the lad his 20k he will deserve and get him on the plane two days ago.

We now have a situation where it's reported he is overweight(?) and unfit at this junction on preseason, at a club that won't want him and he doesn't want to be there.
    Questions need asked of him if he's let himself be in that condition and more so if we end up with a striker come September 1st that has spent 6 weeks huffing and puffing around a training ground in a protest to not wanting to be at norwich.

Can see him signing for that 6m come end of the window, then we need to wait 4 weeks for him to get in shape at least, then another 3 weeks to get up to speed again.

End up being end of September before he's of any worth to us, two months in to the season and 2 games in to the UCL.

Absolutely mental that this will likely be how this pans out, when simply offering s better deal 3 weeks ago could have seen him in shape already and in America right now.

stevoEOS and Ryanm1984 like this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    When I say Celtic in this context, I mean Rodgers as well.

If we are gonna play the game of getting Rodgers what he wants (finally) then just get it done and stop * about.

Otherwise he and the parasites above need to move on.

Fontaine likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    What majority of Ange signs are we needing to move on? And by Ange signings, we mean actual ones he wanted in the door. Because it seems we are trying to get rid of mostly what was brought in last summer, a youth prospect from 10 years ago and McCarthy.

By unimaginative, I've admittedly used a poor word, what I meant was more that it wasn't a creative signing sprung on us as if it only materialised this last week. It's literally been worked on for months and only taken til now.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    So not a panic option more a well planned out researched one? Because that’s usually my wildest imagination for Celtic

20. sabzz1888

Time to move on, He was decent for us and has good potential but let's not forget he was not a first pick in the striker role and for stupid money like they want we could do much much much better.