1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We done it with putting Oh on twice but we need to get something done or move on sharpish!

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'd move onto Miovski personally.

For me he scores more goals, do think Idah offers more of a nuisance level but that's reliant on other scorers in my eyes.

I'd defo prefer Miovski.

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    In fairness thats what pre season is for..

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    True but they said his conditioning was the worst and that's why he never featured in the first game. Might explain why he only got 33 mins today

thailandceltic likes this.
  5. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Be all the celebratory champange at end of season

6. donnegal celt

Smart move by board. Let Norwich pay his wages til he get into shape again. He can do preseason with them and then we make move in aug.

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I'd say so, judging by his Instagram he was in Spain on the * for most of the summer ha..

I honestly have no problem with players doing this as long as they know they can get back in shape sharpish in preseason. Comparing him to Morelos is a but harsh, that fat * was constantly out of shape..

8. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Big man is playing it cute, turn up slightly out of shape and play * so new manager wants rid

henriks tongue and TheHappyLoss like this.
  9. henriks tongue

Hmmm, really not a good sign if a 23yr old is not fit to play even a half in a preseason friendly
    He should have been busting a gut (pun intended!) to show what he's all about to both Norwich and Celtic.

For me, this lacks professionalism and sets off major alarm bells.
    What if we had splurged the £6M+ early in window and he turned up like that for our games?

His poor attitude is also cited as one of the main reasons he ended up out of Norwich squad in first place.

Wasn't sure before, major doubts now.

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Did you not watch the last 6 months of our season? Couldn't give a * if he's a turned up unfit for preseason or his attitude at Norwich, he practically saved our season.. short memories

Crilly likes this.
  11. Sween

Ultimately these sort of situations largely depend on the attitude of the player. If Idah wants to force a move then he can force a move.

I've always preferred Miovski as an option to Idah though I'd be happy with either. Feels like we should be coming up with a plan B if we haven't already done so.

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He clearly wants out of Norwich.. he was their third choice striker and the fans seemed to blame him for their * season.. now Norwich are wanting stupid Money because he played well for us.. can't blame the lad. I'd have turned up for their preseason in my Celtic kit and a six pack of Heineken

13. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

There's a few things happening here.

1) I honestly don't see this happening unless Idah goes public (and he won't).

2) It's a new management team from last season and a fresh chance for him there. Just because he was third choice last season, doesn't mean that's going to repeat itself this.

3) I also don't think he's good enough to wait around for all summer either.

Peej likes this.
  14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Think this is one that'll drag on all summer, but it shouldn't imo.

I'd give it until the end of July before moving onto a new target. I really like Idah and I hope we get him, but he isn't worth waiting the entire summer.

15. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We should move for another forward now regardless, then decide if we still need him should he become available.

16. henriks tongue

Took a wee look at Norwich fans forum, seems they are split but also frustrated he's never fulfilled potential and accept he wants to go.....some very recent quotes below, starting with today's friendly

5 minutes of watching Idah lumber around up front firms up my huge desire to see us sell him. Need to move on.

For what it's worth I think he's off and I think it's the right decision, he has so much potential to be hugely valuable but he's never stepped up and Scottish football is a poorer standard as a league so he'll get more chances in games than in the championship. I know one of the back room staff at the club and he said that he had such an enjoyable time at Celtic and got his confidence back. Let's not forget when he went he was seen as a bit of a waste of talent so no big surprise.

Hardly news, but got an inside steer on Adam Idah. He really doesn't want to be here, basically working to rule at Colney, not taking the pre-season fitness tests seriously and just wants out.

£7m is a big fee for a player who has never been a first choice striker, and is still largely potential, rather than proven. I'd be fairly confident Norwich could replace his immediate contribution for less.

My offer still stands to personally drive him up the M6 if it means I never have to watch him in a Norwich shirt again. He is just about Celtic standard and now where near the capability level to get into the premier league and sustain us there

I’m so torn on Idah. There’s always been this whole thing of him having potential, he shows he can in fits and starts. But hasn’t had a run in the team long enough before injury. As others have said, there’s the potential, but when do you draw the line. With a new coach, more faith shown in him, better instruction, he could be what we always expected him to be. Then to let him go for 4m would seem a bit silly.

The biggest problem with Idah is the word 'potential'. Mostly as people have been saying hes 'got potential' for about five years straight!

He didn’t take his chance here. And he wasn’t even a starter for Celtic. The latter says a lot. I’m surprised they even want him.

I get that some people don't like Idah, but I don't understand the need for ridiculous exaggeration such as this. Between Norwich and Celtic last season he scored 16 goals at a rate of one goal every 149 minutes. He's a very useful striker at this level of football and if we do sell him this summer, which seems likely, there'll be lots of people on this forum criticising the club for doing so in a couple of years' time.

I've seen enough of Idah playing for Norwich to know that he won't do it for us - whether it's the standard of his game or his teammates or the league I'm not sure. I just don't think he's up for it. I also watched him playing for Celtic and he was much more animated and energetic so clearly playing with more passion. Maybe the players around him are better; maybe the league is worse.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    It's dragging out because as far as I know we've made one bid that's been rejected.. any sign of a second bid?

Like you I want him signed but I don't mind waiting if we get him.. he knows the club, doesn't need bedding in.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Norwich are no marks just like their fans.. yoyo club

Twisty likes this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Going to depend on Norwich's valuation imo.

I like Idah, but if Norwich are wanting 8/9 million for him I don't see us paying that, my hope is we compromise around £6 million.

We have Maeda who can play at ST but going into the first few games with only Kyogo is a bit risky imo.

thailandceltic likes this.
  20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Bottom line for me is Norwich can hang onto a player that has no interest in being there or bring down their ridiculous price tag for a player they bombed out on loan 6 months ago..

I do believe we will get him but it would probably help if we made another bid