1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt O'Riley

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Notorious, Jan 20, 2022.

Discuss Matt O'Riley in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bad Ambassador

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I am not in the slightest bit ready to see him leave. He does deserve his move and I think we are big enough to cut middleman teams like Southampton out.

2. TheHappyLoss

* me off. He loves it here and loves the club, but like so many before they leave for a better league and far more money than we will pay. Club are hugely restrained by the league we play in.

BhoyFitz and Gurru 991 like this.
  3. Martybhoy53

If Dewsbury-Hall is worth £30m then MOR bidding should start at £25m.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    He's definitely loved his time here but he's also ready to leave though. No two ways about it.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That would be a superb next stage move for him..

Europa winners
    Top 5 league
    Just below the elite level sides

It would be a perfect move for us providing we get what we want because he wouldn't be staying in Italy forever and would very likely be bought by an EPL side for big bucks down the line....with us getting a healthy profit again..

Be sad to see him go but it's where we're at..

BhoyFitz, Random Review and HTG like this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

If he's going, hopefully it happens quick.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye would be perfect for him, only problem is I don't see Atalanta paying what we want.

As I mentioned previously, there's a lot of players there not getting gametime that I'd happily take in a cash + swap deal

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    15 million! Get tae *! Not a penny less than 30 million or you can * right off.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

£15m a leg more like...

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    20m just fur his middle wan.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

Would pay that just to see it.

bhoy81 likes this.
  12. Gurru 991

I've said that forever !! Celtic are held back by playing in the Scottish Premier League & will never become a big player in European football until they move on. I have no idea how it could ever happen but I would love to see the club competing in a big money league.

BhoyFitz, TheHappyLoss and Slater67 like this.
  13. SK89

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Celtic are held back by Scottish Football and by the Celtic Board, Scottish Football standards are absolute *, the game may be more quicker and tougher up here than in English Football but the standard of player and teams are *, the Celtic Board also believe that as long as We are decent enough against the rest of the league and one step ahead of the Huns that We are in a good place when in reality We could be far far better.

O'Riley will go on to the big time and it will not be at this Club unfortunately, Lawwell and Nicholson will make sure of that.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

With team-mate Matt O’Riley expected to leave Parkhead this summer, Celtic don’t want to lose two of their most influential midfielders in the same transfer window.

Serie A side Atalanta are the latest club to take an interest in Denmark international O’Riley and, while reports of a firm bid from the Europa League winners have been denied, the 23-year-old is also being tracked by the likes of Atletico Madrid and Southampton

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    So Atalanta never bid ??

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Meanwhile, Atalanta have kicked off the bidding war for Matt O’Riley after slapping in a bid for the Celtic midfielder.

SunSport understands the Europa League winners made their move for O’Riley, 23, on Thursday.

But the offer has been kicked out by the Hoops.

Gian Piero Gasperini’s Serie A side are flying high after their fourth-placed league finish and shock Europa League victory over Bayer Leverkusen, which leaves them seeded for the new-look Champions League

That gives them guaranteed future earnings but their coffers could be swelled further by the sale of Dutch midfielder Teun Koopmeiners to Juventus.

O’Riley had a stunning campaign last season, with his 19 goals and 18 assists landing him nominations for both the writers’ and players’ player of the year awards.

He was a shock omission from the Danish squad for the Euros but returned to action on Wednesday night, when he netted during a 45-minute runout in the Hoops’ 6-4 friendly win against Queen’s Park

Spanish giants Atletico Madrid had an offer for O’Riley rejected in January, with the likes of Southampton and Leicester among English sides who are known admirers

O’Riley is due to be a part of the Hoops squad which jets off for a three-game tour of the USA on Tuesday ahead of games with DC United, Manchester City and Chelsea

17. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What a * insult that bid is

Put a proper bid in or * off!

BhoyFitz likes this.
  18. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Apparently said he’s very interested in a move to Atalanta, hopefully we reject any bids less than 30m

BhoyFitz likes this.
  19. saltire78

Bidding £15M when we've been clear that's not enough smacks of them thinking there's an automatic buy-out clause that they've tried to tease out... Clearly they don't know our board.

or, of course, that they think our board will haggle to £20M, which on the back of a £1.5M purchase (£18.5M profit) may not actually be far off the mark...

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't think it has anything to do with a buy out clause, it's just exactly the same approach we are using with Norwich for Idah. Offer half what they want then hopefully settle somewhere in the middle, or lower with add ons.