1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I've yet to see anyone suggest we should have all our business done.

I'd have expected one signing to be close or done by now particularly in goals. It's eerily quiet even by our standards so hopefully that's a good thing.

But the point about not signing * foe the sake of it, when do we ever actually then go on and sign what is on paper at least, quality? We never speculate. Despite hearing the "takes time to get quality in" line.

No doubt we will miss out on that quality due to offering them not enough money or taking too long to make a move.

We are richer than we have ever been and the squad badly needs an overhaul. There's nowhere to hide this summer.

2. murphy88

Who’s suggested that like?

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I am not a naturally patient person but * me you are forced to develop it following our transfer business every window. Roll on 31st August so we can get those EPL & Championship loans signed and we can all celebrate the boards awesome recruitment strategy.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
  4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Of course not.

But no one wants the repeat, after repeat, after repeat we continually get almost every window, with the exception of when Lawell was in hiding after 10iar.

Let me refresh your memory;

1. Window opens, supporters speculate en masse about how this window will be "different".

2. A couple of weeks pass with nothing solid from media outlets, only Turkish and clickbait links to subpar pish, or players well out of our reach

3. Another couple of weeks pass, supporters split down the middle, into two camps. The "calm Doon, plenty of time" and the "here we go again ffs". Still no movement.

4. Club go into damage control , wheeling out board boy John Kennedy, who claims that everyone is "working hard".

5. More time passes, still nothing. Manager comes out and talks about "quality". Still nothing.

6. The window is weeks away from shutting, some solid links appear but none of them are a vast improvement on current stock.

7. End of window approaches, club make panic moves for loanees from England and Portugal, some with resale value. A raft of 1-3m pound players are bought with the hope that one of them might be a decent player. Key areas such as LB, DM et al are criminally neglected.

8. Fans go ape *. Some STILL defend the board and Lawell claiming that it's "very hard for a club in Scotland to do real business in the modern market." Blame the EPL proximity, etc etc.

9. AGM rolls around, board make unsubstantiated claims of being "close" to signing some targets, which they "couldn't get over the line". Make claims about spending millions on transfers (most of it on pish players), then crack jokes about Sevco.

10. Next window approaches, rinse and repeat.

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

You forgot the bit where Dudu Dahan offers us a player from the Israeli league.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What can you say, used to love this time of the year.. its become a chore..

7. themouth1888

We REALLY need get over this myth that it takes time as we are after quality. As I previously said we are still very much shopping in the bargain basement.

Players we bought for 5mil back in the day are now 30-40mil players and well out of our reach.

We are after better quality than the huns but let's not kid ourselves on we are buying world beaters.

Have a look at the transfers already completed since the window opened and lots of players went for a good deal more than we are spending so the patience due to quality is absolute nonsense.

Oh and before anyone starts I know this is where we are In football now and 5-10mil is where we need to be. It just doesn't take the time we take to get these players in.

We are either miles behind on identifying targets or we are low balling like *.

8. Bonobhoy

Absolute Spot On.

I was (am) expecting at least 6 signings and a majority of them to walk into that team with experience in Europe.

Its * disgusting if we let this happen all over again.....We build we progress in Europe and at the same time we Nuke the Huns off the map.

Really getting annoyed already.....I thought it might be a little longer due to the Euro's.....But even at that this is unreal.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Our board run the club on an “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” system. The fact we got away with our dire recruitment methods and still won the league last year means it worked fine as far as they’re concerned. So minimal improvements are all we’ll get.

10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Yep.

Their ambition is limited to pip Sevco to the title.

Whilst I'm sure they're not happy, I'm pretty sure they're not up at night worrying about getting horsed in Europe.

They have all but given up on seeing us PROGRESS as a European side, and believe that investment towards it wouldn't yield good enough profits. They see it as short term investment, that would have to be mitigated, like the cost cutting after MoN.

We used to a European force. Now we're European fodder.
    Even in the early 2000's we were regarded as a CL team, not to be underestimated, with a formidable home record and great reputation.
    Nearly 25 years later, not one club would look at us in a draw and break a sweat.

11. Lewis Kerr

Frighteningly accurate.

12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    This is definitely PL's burner account!

Peej likes this.
  13. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I said it the last time Rodgers was here. He wants a quality of player our board won't pay the money for or who don't want to come to Scotland.

The difference with Ange was he could buy players within the club budget that would fit his system & get a tune out them.

As most people on here have said, its still early in the window. We have all seen & said this before to end up raging at the end of the window with our recruitment & this is the reason our fans have no patience.

We should have at least had a Keeper & a left back in considering how long we knew they were required.

Jacob knows and NakamuraTastic like this.
  14. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Its like we are waiting to see if a bid comes in for MOR before making any deals or maybe expecting a move for Frimpong after the euros

15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I’ll only start panicking if we dont have a goalie and the season starts in a month

16. The Man in Black

I wonder if there are two lists of targets based on if MOR goes or not.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    At this rate, it would seem the list of targets should O'Rielly stay is a very short and near none existent.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    No sure what you’re getting at here, Rodgers must have got a tune out of the same players or we wouldn’t have won the double and that was without Jota who was arguably our best player.

In Ange’s first season and Rodgers first season back - they both got 93 points and Rodgers got more points in the champions league.

Random Review and Mr Shelby like this.
  19. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm saying its something Ange is willing to do so the reason we got players in quicker.

I'm not sure what team you watched last season but Rodgers never got a tune out of them, he go them over the line.

20. john2061

I put on this thread 6 days ago if the club haven't made at least one signing in a week's time then everyone on the board needs their balls booted .
    Well tomorrow is the deadline and getting my steel toe cap boots on for these * and the tour is not far away and we really should have had a few signings in by now to knit the players into the system with these friendly games .