1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Von_Esper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Are folk genuinely moaning already? Some people must live their lives in perpetual fear and negativity. I'm no fan of Peter Lawwell but some folk in here go on like he's the bogeyman based on what they think is going on inside their own Celtic fantasy that they made up in their head.

HoopyT and Double Dutch like this.
  2. Sgt Neppers*

Think most folks reasonable frustration stem from how we've conducted business (or lack of) over the vast majority or the past 20 years.

Yes, there been success. But a lot of guff and small mindedness as well.

We claim to be an elite business, with elite contracts, stadia etc...

Let's try and get a model of the park the resonates with the elite brand the suits wish to be.

Always room for improvement and proactively. That is what we as fans want.

JC Anton, Peej and NakamuraTastic like this.
  3. themouth1888

We are a month into the window nearly and as it stands we are minus 2 players from how we finished the season.

This while we sit with guaranteed 8 champions league games and in our best ever financial position. I'm amazed with those who can sit and think that's ok.

4. murphy88

A year ago I would have agreed with you. I was calm at the same stage last season but then look how it turned out. Then January wasn’t much better. So I can definitely understand the frustration with fans, because we’ve been here before and it wouldn’t shock me if we come out this window weaker once again.

neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  5. Lewis Kerr

Nothings changed. Still need at least 5 starters for the new campaign.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I agree and disagree. I think it's fine to moan, we've heard very little and we have no first team Keeper.
    I do agree though that the Lawell stuff can be odd. I don't like him and wish he'd * off but the fantasy in the head that he's trying to sabotage Rodgers (people have said that) and the club is just mental.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Normally i'd be saying nae need for panic and it's early doors etc etc, but after being scunnered with recent transfer windows i don't have any real faith in this Board and our recruitment team.

Supporters are fed up to the back teeth with excuses, we badly need proper investment in the team, it's long overdue.

8. SK89

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    This, We have been told for years by Lawwell that "We always aim to come out of every transfer window stronger than before We went in" ever since He has been involved as CEO and Chairman, the Squad has always ended up weaker at the end of every window as our best players are sold and replaced with very average projects who are no better than We already have ,last Summer and January windows were completely diabolical and it is totally understandable that Supporters are * off and rightly so.

NakamuraTastic and The Prof like this.
  9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * mental this place :56:

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly it's only July there is ages left in the window our chief scout and DoF will have this well under control

Jacob knows likes this.
  11. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The Republican saying we’re close to getting a Scandinavian keeper in his mid 20’s over the line …

Crilly likes this.
  12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Folk wouldn't know what to do if they had * all to moan about :giggle1:

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    So the manager and players are back and looks like things are starting to happen..

All we can ask for is we come out of the window with much more quality than the last 2 and ship out the deadwood..

Keeper and Idah would be a good start..

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Of course some people are starting to moan. We're currently down three important players from last season and until about two hours ago there wasn't a hint of us doing any sort of business yet. The only club in the league not to have signed anyone, having had months to get a goalkeeper signed and about two years to get a left back signed.

The fact some people happily swallow up the * being served every year by the board is * baffling.

15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Get Jensen/Dubravka and Idah over the line and suddenly things are looking better.

Think it's almost certain CB will be our next big signing after those two, IF we get them over the line.

There is a worrying lack of LB rumours, hope we see one soon. Don't think we'll see any midfielders linked until the situation with O'Riley and Bernardo is sorted.

neilly1987 and McChiellini.. like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pretty certain we'll have a left back in..

Bernabei was * in to the wilderness and we had no backup at points. He's no daft..

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  18. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Because it gives them something to moan about, a lot of fans are waking up each day and actively looking for something to be miserable about, if they can't find a rumour, they'll make one up or put some * into an AI and post it on forums for clout... it's * ridiculous way to live.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    They needed to say something and look to do something during the season after January.

Hence the sacking of lawwell junior and the bit about holding their hands up.

That got the fans to calm down a little and give them another window of opportunity.

They'll drag their heels through this window yet again, dress up one or two signings as if they've signed world beaters to take us up a level, when it will be more of the same. Think Idah for close to record fee, then claiming we've signed the best striker in our history.

By the time we get to September and in to October, when the fans start to round again because it's been * and we are getting our * handed to us, they'll trot out with news of signing a new head of recruitment and that work will begin on a high quality team to get us the best players possible - conveniently it'll be someone related to someone in the club, or a Celtic minded person.
    After January is a shambles, we will get told the new team is just getting started and needs next summer.
    Once that summer is *, Rodgers walks and we get stories of in fighting and that Rodgers was too demanding or something.
    Then we get the next manager in, a wee bounce in fortunes.

Rinse and repeat, with sackings of recruitment staff and manager merry go round. Whilst the real issues sit up stairs.

Parasites.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The big news was we bid half of what Norwich asking for, knowingly, and got rejected the same day?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk