1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sead Haksabanovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 24, 2022.

Discuss Sead Haksabanovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Decent player but dodgy attitude football wise so for sure best for him and us that he has moved on. Good luck to him with Malmo.

2. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    What he lacked in pace he also lacked in attitude. No loss.

3. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Good start and hopefully more of the deadwood will be cleared out.

NakamuraTastic and Dan Breen like this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Delighted we got some cash for him and it's a permanent move.

Best for all involved.

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    It’s crazy how effixient we are at getting really good fees for players we are selling or putting in extremely high percentage of next sale clauses, yet are beyond woeful when it comes to bringing in players of quality.

6. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I forgot all about him tbh.No harm to the boy.All the best to him Malmo a decent club.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We aren’t woeful, we just refuse to pay the money while demanding (and getting) money for absolute dross.

neilly1987 and Hammy89 like this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Anyone know what kinda wage he was on out of interest?

Must've been half decent coming from Russia..

9. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Yas, money back. Move on.

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Seen it on a website recently he was on £14,000 a week. Could be slightly off so give or take 2 grand but still a decent chunk freed off the wage bill

neilly1987 and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. apevrak

Mid table Allsvenskan was always his level. I suspect he'll struggle at Malmö as well.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Yeah I think he could struggle to get game time with them. They are 1st and I'm not sure he's good enough to be their regular starter.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  13. Foley1888

I think they may lose Sebastian Nanasi this summer who largely plays as a wide playmaker of the left. He may be viewed as his replacement.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Cheers mate. Aye was always gonna be over 10 after with his age then, off the back his season in Sweden and going to Russia where the money is/was for wages..

Crilly likes this.
  15. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Wouldn't be against looking at Nanasi. Decent winger.

apevrak likes this.
  16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Celtic winger Sead Haksabanovic has signed a four-year deal with Swedish champions Malmo.

The Sweden-born Montenegro midfielder joined Celtic from Rubin Kazan for a reported £2.5m fee in August 2022.

His contract with Rubin Kazan had been suspended after Russia's invasion of Ukraine and he spent three months on loan at Djurgardens in Sweden before being signed by Ange Postecoglou.

However, the 25-year-old fell out of favour following the return of Brendan Rodgers last summer and he joined Stoke City on loan for duration of last season.

Malmo say Haksabanovic will wear number 29, external and could make his debut in the home match against his former club Halmstads on 7 July.

Born in Hyltebruk in the south of Sweden, he made his debut aged 15 for nearby Halmstads.

He moved to West Ham United in 2017 but his time with the Hammers was principally spent on loan to Norrkoping and Spanish club Malaga before he joined the Swedish club permanently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c511yvklq34o

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SEAD HAKSABANOVIC has claimed that Brendan Rodgers forced the Celtic board into selling him this summer.

The Montenegro international, 25, finally parted ways with the Hoops last week after months of speculation as he secured a move to Swedish champions Malmo.

Taking to social media after his exit was confirmed, the Celtic outcast admitted the move was out of his control and told fans that "some other people had another opinion" regarding his future as he thanked them for their continuous support.

He wrote: "So my time at Celtic has come to an end, earlier than I thought and expected and wanted but some other people had another opinion and I gotta respect that."

"I wanna thank the players, the staff and the fans because that is what Celtic is about, we made good memories together and I will always have love for Celtic.

"Good luck and Celtic are f*****g massive everywhere they go

All the best in the future."

Fans were puzzled by the message on social media and were left wondering who made the final decision on his departure.

But the £2.5million signing from West Ham has since clarified his comments and has explained that it was Rodgers himself who made the final call.

And he has suggested that Celtic chiefs actually wanted to KEEP him beyond this summer.

Speaking after his first training session with his new club today, Haksabanovic was quizzed by Swedish press over who he was referring to in his Instagram post.

Asked if it was the Hoops manager, he replied: "Yes, mostly him (Rodgers), because the board wanted me to stay. They believed in me but he had other plans.

Speaking last year, Haksabanovic hinted that things weren't all well between him and the Northern Irishman.

After featuring in the shock 1-0 defeat at Rugby Park in August, he said on social media: "If they don't see your value maybe you're not at the right place".

He came off the bench the following week in the goalless Premiership stalemate with St Johnstone but was shown the door a few days later.

Haksabanovic was made available for transfer and sealed his loan move to Stoke City on deadline day after the English Championship outfit beat Greek side PAOK to his signature.

The winger made 21 appearances for the Potters during his spell

There was no option to buy written into the loan agreement with Stoke, so he returned to Parkhead when his deal ended.

Haksabanovic joined Celtic for around £1million from Russian outfit Rubin Kazan in 2022 and was under contract with the Hoops until 2027.

Despite making 45 appearances during his two-year spell in Glasgow, it just never worked out for him as he struck five times, laid on almost as many but started 15 games and averaged just half an hour per game.

The 25-year-old managed just 47 minutes of action in total under Rodgers before being shipped down south

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good manager should always have final say but the board are bean counters not football men should stay the * out and enjoy their bonuses and dividends

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Nice words from him tbh. I expected the complete opposite in all honesty.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I thought the manager had * all say on incomings and outgoings? Weird.