1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We're either going big and it's taking a lot of negotiating, or doing * all at this moment in time.

The latter seeming most likely.

2. The Man in Black

upload_2024-6-21_11-24-13.png

3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    If blue tarts fail to qualify for champions league we'll have around £120m in the bank ... My belief is we'll do the bare minimum to just scrape ahead to keep it competitive. Rinse and repeat. Prove me wrong PL!

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Wouldn't surprise me if they are planning to complete the bowl. We've got way to much money, sort it now and forever we'll have dominance over the huns. Right now there doing everything to add seats to attempt to catch us.

NakamuraTastic and BhoyFitz like this.
  5. themouth1888

We signed anyone yet?

6. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Tbf it may go back to October but most of my points still stand. Probably the only point that doesn’t stand is we signed someone back some time ago.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I think the biggest threat isn’t the huns, now that the Champions League is expanded, the threat is that more clubs further down the tier are now getting more consistent Champions League money and we fall behind these teams to the bottom of the expanded Champions League.

We need to stay at least in the top 32 clubs in the Champions League so as not to fall behind in European football.

Peej, BhoyFitz and NomDePlum like this.
  8. horseshoe

The last time the question was put to the board was it not said it to be pretty unfeasible because of issues with foundations and old mining in the immediate area? Or at least doing it properly because of that made the cost prohibitively high for what we'd get out of it?

9. Jaxxx Orchestrated Sonic Attacker Gold Member

We’ve won the race to sign him , jetting in tomorrow…

[​IMG]

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  10. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Had a watch of some youtube videos. Looks a player ... * hook on him though.

Jaxxx and BhoyFitz like this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Think the cost was over £100m but we've got that now with change.

12. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I don't see us expanding the seating capacity of the stadium. There were empty seats at a lot of the games this season. Some of those may be sold but it doesn't suggest there's a real demand for your bog standard league/cup game that's stretching capacity.

NomDePlum likes this.
  13. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No idea why they haven't introduced a ticket resell for those who can't attend games.

Get more footfall in the stadium/shop on quieter match days and much cheaper and risk free than any building work.

Also, benefits fans by putting money back in their pocket.

JC Anton and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  14. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I suspect the reason is that there's still tickets for general sale in too many games for them to justify it. It might save fans some money but would likely reduce gates for the club. I agree, however, life would be much easier without the season ticket musical chairs that occurs every game.

NomDePlum likes this.
  15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Probably right but they could only open it if it's a sell out or near sell out. I don't think I managed to get more than 2 of the general sale tickets this year and like a lot of others had to rely on others not going or getting spares through other connections. Hard to see that changing this season or anytime soon.

Real lack of imagination not to try it in some form.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's the fear.

I've said many times, if we spend and build as if the UCL is our bread and butter, then the domestic scene takes care of itself anyway.

UCL was 4pots, at one stage we was pot 2, second league/tier UCL club.
    We've now dropped down to bottom tier, fourth league level.

We've went from championship level with hope of promotion, to now watching as lowland league clubs are about to get a windfall and could over take us.

If this board aren't gonna be ambitious and invest in the club as if we are a European club again, then they need to * right off.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

17. SK89

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    If Lawwell is involved with transfers We will be signing bog standard million pound projects especially with the current developments at Ibrox as they will not be spending much, the blue pound is crucial to Lawwell.

18. Sgt Neppers*

Quick off the mark wi a cheap dig at the huns and their building issues.

Improving the playing squad...anyone there!!

NakamuraTastic and Peej like this.
  19. themouth1888

Said this a million times before and I really don't understand why others can't see it.

If we act and deal like a proper champions league club the SPL takes care of itself.

Act like an SPL team and we will have a title race every season and struggle in Europe but at least our bank balance will be healthy. Even though acting like the champions league club in time will see you make far more money.

craigtheceltic and Peej like this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As proven by 70m in the bank, soon to be over 100m in the bank, we can spend 40-50m more this season beyond what we normally spend (which is usually give or take what we bring in transfer fee wise).

Spend that this season and we have 8 UCL games, meaning more money from it, better players and more chance of turning those hard luck stories in to a couple of wins, means more money again.

40-50m this season can see us do well in the UCL for our level for the next two seasons, which generates that income we've just spent.

Meaning in two or three years time we spend the 40-50m again out with the norm, and we push on a little more.

Keeping in mind, the better the players we bring in, helps develop current players as well, better performances in the UCL helps increase the value of our players, so in that 2-3 years of doing okay in the UCL, the income could jump yet more. Meaning in 5-7 years that 40-50m we speak of every 3 years can be every second season.

Almost like it's a cycle of investing to accumulate and having ambition.

But it's Celtic and Peter lawwell and his croonies. So nah.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk