1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Benjamin Siegrist

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jun 21, 2022.

Discuss Benjamin Siegrist in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Be a good move for him and for Aberdeen too. Hopefully it works out and we get him moved on this summer. Even though he still has 3 years left on his contract you would think we would be pretty happy to get him moved on for a 6 figure sum.

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist has claimed he has brokered a truce to leave Glasgow on a free transfer two years before his contract expires.

The former Dundee United man is set to move to Australia in the name of love to start a new life with his reality TV star fiancé Brittany Hockley. Siegrist – in a wide-ranging interview with Swiss outlet Blick – claims he is for the off this summer with the Premiership champions already looking to replace Celtic number one Joe Hart.

And it looks like Scott Bain will be the last man standing at Lennoxtown before Brendan Rodgers adds to his options between the sticks. Siegrist has been a bit-part figure since being signed by Ange Postecoglou in the summer of 2022. The interview touches on Siegrist's frustration in Glasgow and being reduced to a bit-part figure with only two appearances during his first season at Parkhead

And despite missing out on exit chances in the past, Siegrist has intimated his end game in Glasgow's east end is imminent. He said: "After my last day at work, I'll leave as soon as possible. And I'll never come back here (to Celtic). No. I'm going to retire there (Australia). But not yet. Britt has already indicated that she could do her podcast from Europe. We're excited."

Siegrist was visibly emotional after the Scottish Cup Final win over Rangers as he hugged Hart as the Englishman said goodbye to his adoring public.

New Celtic signings have to go undercover in a bid to keep their identity a secret, a squad player has revealed.

Benjamin Siegrist has told all in a no-holds barred interview back in his homeland of Switzerland in which he has also revealed players go into hiding if the team loses. The goalkeeper – who also confirmed he’ll be off this summer – has lifted the lid on his love for Glasgow and the fierce footballing rivalry that prompts new players being booked into hotels under false names and existing squad members being banished from the streets

Siegrist joined Celtic two years ago from Dundee United but is looking for pastures new. However, he doesn’t bear a grudge towards the Scottish champions and has instead talked up the city he insists is a hotbed of football. The 32-year-old, speaking to Blick, said: “This is a real football country! Many people live for that weekend moment in the stadium. And if their team wins, they feel good all week.

More than in England. Of course there is the North London Derby or the Merseyside Derby. But the rivalry is never as strong as here. Especially because of the religious background. New Celtic players are booked into hotels under false names. And after defeats, Celtic players should not be seen on the streets for a while if they don’t want to expose themselves to the risk of being harassed.”

Siegrist was left stunned by Scotland’s hammering at the hands of Germany last week, even though he admits some of the football played domestically in his homeland leaves a lot to be desired. He added: “Somehow, a victory for Germany was to be expected. But I had hoped that Scotland would be more persistent and that it would be closer. That was a big disappointment! They never got off the starting blocks. The dominance of the Germans in midfield was striking

In our top league, eight or nine teams still play a kind of kick and rush. They think this is a promising method. Which is legitimate, of course. And if you look at many of the pitches in Scotland, it’s difficult to play a neat passing game. The tactics are then adapted to the level of the players.

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    He have not really been given a chance. Im not saying i want him as our no.1 but i remember being Very, very impressed when he played for Dundee Utd. Thought he was a incredible keeper.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Good.

Another pointless signing that’s just taken up wages that could be petter put somewhere else.

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    In fairness to him, there are rumours he's on £8k a week. If he is willing to walk away from nearly £1m in earnings, fair * to him. If it's an agreed truce, we will not be paying that salary up, either. Looks like we've told him 'you go for free but we owe you nothing' and he's clearly decided that's his next step.

Probably see him end his contract and head off over the next few days.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He really annoys me. No sure why.

Wouldn't know much about the pitches here, he hasn't been on one for much of the past 2 year.

Rydo1888* and PaddyJamieson like this.
  7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Neither have any of us and we can all see that some of the pitches are a disgrace.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I've always chalked this one down to his mental state not being remotely in the game since he decided to shove his * in an Aussie, love and all that, won't hold it against folk.

But the fact he seems so keen to get out of here, to get to Australia as if that's gonna make his life complete, then turns around at the same time and says his lady friend can actually do all her podcast/influence * in Europe is just * baffling.

If so, why the * you not tell the dumb * to move her * to Scotland for you, Benji?

Lads got to question some of her commitment to his career here.

Good luck to you and all that, but bit weird that it's seemingly (maybe I'm wide off the mark), the fix to his personal life is for him to quit a European club, for his Aussie bird, only to then say he will play more in Europe before going to retire in AussieLand

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'll hold it against him. He is paid a hefty wage, and he's collected that wage while showing no real interest. He was our cup goalkeeper so opportunities were there for him. This isn't like Starfelt who arranged a move away for love, this * just hung around. Usually I hope for the best for anybody who leaves us but he can go * himself.

Peej likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye you're probably more right.

If he's downed tools because he rather be snapchatting a burd, then that's actually just not on. Still could out the effort in.

I guess it's what's making it a bit more baffling why he seems happy to play in Europe still, but she wasn't willing to move to Scotland for him ?

More you let it sit, the more it's just poor attitude from the pair of them.

Starfelt probably plays on the mind more with trying to give him(Benji) more slack for it. But S you say, at least Starfelt done his job, then requested and sorted his move during a window.

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Our * pitch has been a disgrace at times in fairness

12. Pogues

Mate, he's sat on the sidelines no getting a look in. Now he's told we're looking to sign another no. 1 goalkeeper. If it was me, I'd want to leave anaw. Nae idea how you can hold that against him.

13. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I am pretty sure he will surf the contract out. Why would he go from around 8k/week to 2k'ish. Can't see him doing that.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I sea what you did there

Skelleto likes this.
  15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Shame it didn’t work out as I thought he would have done well, I don’t know why it didn’t work out was it attitude or his head was turned by the bird in Australia, who knows!

16. Sween

He sounds a bit salty for someone who has picked up a wage to do nothing for a few years!

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The guys an utter *. * him..

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Think you are being too kind. Utter waste of space and money. Can't leave soon enough for me.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It's more the fact he's getting paid to chat in a national newspaper. I'm not.

He just comes across to me as someone who thinks he's bigger and better than he is.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I know the * had the best job at the world at celtic.

Didn't he fall out with Ange during the Aussie tour or something?

That's probably where he met the burd