1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

£8m, would be a heavy price tag for him too.

2. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He's not an international starter though.. he doesn't play ahead of Ferguson when fit and that's a very very poor Irish team

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If you raise say £40m from sales this summer you could sign a few of these guys linked and not touch a copper coin in the bank. We have £82m currently in cold hard cash projected in the bank. With a guaranteed 30% increase on UCL cash no reason for those tight * not to spend £60m this summer if you get £40m in sales but we know we will only spend what we bring in as we love to hoard cash

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Well he's started rhe recent games and has been capped numerous times by age 23 so. Point still stands.

£8m is not a lot of money now. If you're operating in certain markets. I don't think our fans realise this.

Hammy89 and neilly1987 like this.
  5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    £8mil is about right I'd say, for a guy of the big man's talent. I'd pay it without blinking tbh.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    If they really value him that highly then they should loan us him for another season with an £8m option on it.

7. TheHappyLoss

If we expect £4 million for Oh it makes sense

Hammy89 and Double Dutch like this.
  8. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I'm being pedantic to be fair but he's not worth 8mill, Norwich are trying to play us.. we should go to 5mill and they are doing very well. Alternatively move on and I'd expect him to spend the next season mainly on the bench at Norwich.. no way we are spending 8mill on a player to be kyogos back up or a plan b

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Definitely. Transfer fees across the board are bigger these days, not just in the EPL. Think a lot of fans take issue with the club not moving with the times but then in the next sentence claim that certain players aren't worth x amount. Can't have it both ways I'm afraid...Idah is an 8mil player, Bernardo is a 6m player (still a bargain imo) etc etc.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

On no planet is Adam Idah an £8m player. Regardless of how mental the market is today.

He has a 1 in 5 scoring record domestically and a 1 in 6 record in international football. Never played European football or in an international tournament. And up until his loan move, he was backup striker for the 6th best team in the Championship, having scored 2 goals in 4 months.

And the fact he's an international player doesn't exactly count for much when it's Ireland he plays for, let's be honest. Liam Scales starts for them these days. And Shane Duffy has been one of their main men for years.

He made a great impact here, in terms of scoring some huge goals. But this would be Norwich ripping the pish out of us.

Morcombe, James Mc, Rydo1888* and 6 others like this.
  11. PaddyJamieson

Tell us how you really feel, mate! (I agree.)

Officer Doofy likes this.
  12. Mr Diggler

Where has that been reported? A lot of guesswork going around. The bottom line will be if Rodgers wants him we will pay the money to get him. We have no idea what Norwich want but the money is there for us to spend it and Idah won't break the wage budget which is probably more important for the bean counters. As an Ireland fan I have never particularly rated him but he was very good for us and is a more typical Rodgers striker. If Oh is away for the reported fee then Idah is a must sign.

13. Onefootwonder

It 60% more. It's a big step up on our usual budget.

I don't see us spending £8m on him, and the additional £3m would be another player in our normal spending range.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Tbf I'd still take him. But for half that fee.

Rydo1888* and PaddyJamieson like this.
  15. PaddyJamieson

For £4m, aye. Wouldn't go too much higher than that - maybe £5m. I like him, but do I think we can get better for the prices quoted? Absolutely.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    https://onefootball.com/editorial/39620708?language=en

Could be BS but we’ll find out soon enough.

For 8m i’d like us to shop around first.

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The way I'd look at it is this, no other club in the Championship or abroad will pay anything higher than £5 million for him.

It's much more likely that Norwich are trying to price us out and want to keep him for next season. They missed out on PL football, sacked their manager and SVH has been atrocious for them.

Good player, and I hope we get it over the line, but £8 million is far too much.

18. celtic warrior

£6mill with a decent sell on and other various stipulations that could see the fee rise to £9.5mill over time would be fine.

But weirdly, I know the market isn't technically open yet, so it is ridiculous for me to think this, but the longer the silence remains over this move... the less and less I care about.

The same can't be said to how I felt when wanting CCV, Jota or even Roberts to be signed.

Silly really because for us he's smashed it and I would love him to be signed, but I'm losing interest, fast...

19. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

The problem is that if you go looking at £8m rated players..........then they are gonna want mega wages and all kinds of demands on top of it. I know £8m is * all at the top table....your Real Madrid's and Man Citys etc........it really isnt a lot of money in today's market. But for where we are shopping......a player going for £8m is gonna be looking at a bigger paying club than ourselves when it comes to wages.

Idah would be getting out the Championship and instead playing in the Champions League. Thats a massive pull that we have over players of his circumstances and price range. We need to be realistic. And yes I 100% want the board to speculate to accumulate. But they wont. They want to buy for £2m and sell to England for £20m+.....while that works in some cases....it cant be your only buying/selling tactic. I think Idah fits the bill perfectly cause in my opinion we never ever replaced Giakamakis properly. We need that type of player and I think Idah is it....and for a reasonable fee.....and he's already proved himself....its a no brainer

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  20. Mr Diggler

Thanks for the link. They seen to be taking their info from HITC. Their record is not very good in regards reporting so take that figure with a pinch of salt.

AdamRS likes this.