1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    If that's the fee....we move on. Won't be held to ransom by anyone.
    If our valuation is 5-6 but they want to * about...next target.
    I get that he has still got a long contract but don't * about all summer with it....we don't have time for it.

2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Typical Celtic would be "to try our hardest" untill 3 days before the transfer window and end up with a guy with 1 in 52 games from Uzbekistan.

Hope they just move on quick from a pathetic price like this and move to next target as you say, and not "fake try" for Idah all the way.

Morcombe and greengrocer like this.
  3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Put the 4million from Oh towards it

Hammy89 likes this.
  4. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    On us for panicking at the end of January and not negotiating a buy clause for whatever ST we brought in.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

8m is pretty steep but don't really care as we are flush and it's not my money. I would like to sign him,but there must be better out there at that price, don't know how much I'd trust our recruitment to find them though!

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Good point tbh. The tight * should finally start spending some * dough. But 8m would get us a 25-30 goals a season player from Norway/Sweden. Risky, but with a good record. I would say Idah is very risky as well as he have only performed for a couple of months over his whole career.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

At £8m were now at the bracket of £10m where we could buy a French Eddie. Litterly what his club are looking for...

At 6m I'd do it. At 8m, I'd push the boat and go for eddy then of he comes back available for 6 go for it and have both.

AdamRS likes this.
  8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    He is not worth 8 million 4 maximum

Skelleto likes this.
  9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He probably is worth £8million, if he was to score 20 goals in the Championship next season he'd probably be worth £20million, so you can see why they wouldn't want to sell him for cheap when he's just peaking and hitting the next level.

For us though he's probably not worth £8million as we wouldn't get £20million for him unless he scored 30+ for us multiple seasons in a row.

Hammy89 and neilly1987 like this.
  10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    At 23 we would have needed him 3 seasons ago and doing it on the big stage to make a good return. We sold Eddie when he was only 23 and same with dembele

I do like Idah. Was pivotal in our double. But 8 million is too much and I doubt we'd get as much of a return in 3 years time as clubs we sell to like to buy young from us to turn a profit.....wanyama, VVD etc.

Morcombe and Big Shoes like this.
  11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye because he has not done it in England yet he won't hold much value for us if he signs unless he was sensational for us like scoring plenty in the CL and being one of our best players as to English teams they'd just think he never done well down here.

If I was Norwich I wouldn't sell him, i'd back him to start every game next season and score 20+ then maybe the same the following season and then they could get £20-30million for him he'd only be 25 proven in the Championship and worth a lot of money.

Idah himself might think that as well, that if he joins us he might not end up in the EPL but if he stays there and proves himself then he'd get a move and the big money down there.

He'd need to play out his skin for us for at least 2 probably 3 years for an EPL team to sign him but in the Championship he probably only needs 1 good season to get access to those wages. When you see Chris Wood and Che Adams and all that on £60/70/80k a week you'd be thinking im capable of that.

greengrocer likes this.
  12. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

I like Adam but there is no way he’s worth £8 million. The real issue with this saga is the no option to buy in the load deal. That was absolutely criminal!

13. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Don’t want that lazy huffy * eduard anywhere near us. He’s been found out in the epl. He couldn’t wait to leave us remember

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Still scored more goals "downing tools" than kyogo has this season. Majority of all our players are here and want to be in the epl so I don't take it personally. That's the cost of ambition.

neilly1987 and AdamRS like this.
  15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, I wonder why people say that.

Every single one of our players would walk over broken glass to sign for Brentford or Everton or Bournemouth, McGregor would be off this week if one of them actually wanted to sign him as theres no way he's turning down like £80k a week.

I never really liked Edouard though, for me he was brainless as a striker, he scored a lot of goals as he was skillful on the ball and had good quality but his movement and that around the box was shocking, he was never in good areas and basically sleeping when off the ball.

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    £8m is steep, man. I really like him but not sure if we should pay that. In fairness, I think Norwich want to sell him and I think they probably know he wants to come here. I think there will probably be negotiation with it.

Don't think they will get the £8m they want and they certainly won't get it in the initial fee. £5m with potential add ons, maybe based on Champions League qualification from next season? Should stay in talks for now but be prepared to walk away.

17. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If he was performing the way he did against Kilmarnock every appearance I would have paid the £8m but he wasn't. He's a decent big guy but not worth that kind of dosh, and doubt he ever will be tbh.

Glad he came and done what he done for us and hopefully they haven't arsed his career up by pricing him out a move, if that story is correct.

18. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    I feel if Norwich got promoted he'd be a celtic player now.
    But since they didn't he is a good option to have in that league especially after what he did here

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Again like Mepham he is an £8m player probably in today's market. International starter and owned by an English championship side.

There isn't a big difference between £5m and £8m but the worry for me is if we did make that extra jump that would be £3m taken from elsewhere to strengthen as we know what our budgeting is like.

neilly1987 and Rydo1888* like this.
  20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Focus on other positions (LB, GK) and return to Idah at the end of the window, unless there are clear signs their manager has decided to keep him. They won't get £8M for him from anyone.

NomDePlum likes this.