1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Smodics is best in the 10 I think. I’ve watched him a good bit this season and last and I would only ever play him in the 10 or striker. Ireland keep playing him out left which I don’t like as he has no pace. Proper need a good manager ever manager comes in and plays the same * formations with players that doesn’t suit. I wouldn’t be fussed not getting smodics though even though I do like him as I’d rather a better striker up top for us so unless he’d be coming here to play in the 10 would be a sidewards step again from us

2. john2061

If he wants to come he just puts in a transfer request and do Norwich want to hold on to a player who wants to be elsewhere.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Getting bored of this.

I know I know, window isn't open. But deals are being done all across the continent now.

He's a loan player, we like the look of him, put the bid in.
    They accept it, excellent.
    They want to * around, we move on.

Same every year this, we seem to focus on one transfer option and refuse to entertain anything else til it's way down the line and we pick up scraps.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Watching * shiteing their drawers over it is worth all the uncertainty overall imo.

5. BhoyFitz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song

Yep, his decision-making can be very poor.

neilly1987 and thailandceltic like this.
  6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Reported that Norwich want £8m.

I like Idah but for that sort of money i hope we do our due diligence and shop around first to make sure he is the best striker we can get for 8m.

I think thats why Rodgers mentioned that he would like to work with Idah in the future.

BhoyFitz and elbhoydo like this.
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nah sorry not a £8m player. Move on. Thanks for your endeavours and contribution.

All the best

8. PaddyJamieson

Not for £8m, nah.

BhoyFitz and Morcombe like this.
  9. Onefootwonder

£8m for a player that can't get a game at Norwich in the Championship is crazy. Norwich let superstar Cantwell go for around £1m. Where are they getting £8m from this time?

I thought Idah has done well and shown good promise at times, but nowhere near enough to justify that asking price.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I've only seen clickbait nonsense sites reporting it

11. stew37

If it was true I'd still hope the club pays it if Rodgers wants him.

12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    8m is close to what we paid for Edouard, a talent from PSG. A CL contender team. I dont want us to pay that kind of money for a player rusting sitting on a * team like Norwich bench. That is just plain wrong imo. We can get better for that kind of stupid money.

Not the same position but look at it.. Tierney cost that kind of money and he is a world class player. Teams like Norwich should sit down and Shut The * Up.

Not one single club in world football would pay what Norwich ask. They are trying to play billy big baws with us just because he scored a few goals in a short loan spell.

BhoyFitz, Morcombe and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Moravcik came from Duisburg. Sutton was wasting away on Chelsea's bench. Jota was going nowhere in Benfica's reserves.

The club a player comes from doesn't necessarily indicate their quality. Idah has proven he can do it for us and we should be looking to sign him, unless we do actually find better at a similar price.

BhoyFitz and neilly1987 like this.
  15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    No no mate, im not questioning his ability. Im questioning what a team like Norwich can ask for a player. If they ask 8m for a benchwarmer, what should we ask for lets say Maeda? 75 million?

If Idah played for a dutch side sitting on the bench he would cost -1m after the same type of loan spell.

Edit: Maybe 2-3 mill if he played in another country. You need game time and record to be worth 8m. I just find it ridiculous. Sure edouard did not have a record but he was sold by a highly respected club.

16. horseshoe

If they want that it's english football inflated prices plain and simple, he's not an 8m player, scored some important goals for us but his all round performances outside of that killie game it's not like he was tearing it apart. If we're willing to pay that for a striker we should be able to find someone better.

Morcombe, Peej and Skelleto like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Adam Idah is keen to return to Scottish Premiership champions but a deal is far from straightforward with Norwich City holding out for £8 million and their new head coach keen to look at the striker in pre-season.

HITC understands that the Republic of Ireland international, who was such a hit during his loan spell north of the border during the second half of last season, wants to spend next season and beyond at Parkhead too

Celtic are in talks with Norwich City to find out what would be required to turn Adam Idah‘s temporary deal into a permanent transfer, having learned that another short-team deal – albeit with an option-to-buy clause included – is unlikely.

Brendan Rodgers’ side are hoping that a bid of £5 million may be enough. But Norwich want closer to £8 million, a sizeable gap betwen the fee Celtic want to pay and the fee they may have to pay.

An £8 million deal would make Idah the second-most expensive signing in The Hoops’ history, behind only Odsonne Edouard. Then again, Celtic could still shatter their transfer record this summer anyway with Coaimhin Kelleherthe Liverpool goalkeeper and their number one Joe Hart replacement – valued in the £15 million bracket.

Another obstacle standing in Celtic’s way in pursuit of Idah comes in the shape of Johannes Hoff Thorup. Norwich’s new head coach – the former Nordsjaelland boss replaced David Wagner after the play-off semi-final hammering at Leeds United – is keen to have a closer look at Idah over the summer.

The Cork-born 23-year-old was a huge success at Celtic. Idah scored nine times in 19 games in all competitons, with a couple of ‘big’ goals among them. His 90th minute winner vs Old Firm rivals Rangers in the Scottish Cup final comes to mind, of course. But Idah also helped turn draws into wins in the dying embers against Hibernian and Motherwell too.

Without his well-timed contributions, what turned into a domestic double could easily have ended up being a trophyless campaign.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Said it last week or so, at the 7-9m, he's not good enough for that price.

Any respectable club can go out and find a better striker for that price, or a touch less.

Norwich are trying to cash in on the Irish connection and the fact he did do well in his loan here.

But as well as he done, he's still extremely raw and needs worked on.

Killie game was more a one off in regards to performance and effort levels, he would need to do that for 8 out of 10 games for him not to be a worry.

Every bit as much a chance he slips in to an Oh level of consistency and performance next season, rather than going on to find a level of consistency like Giakoumakis had.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Morcombe, Blochairnbhoy and Skelleto like this.
  19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Exactly. Oh could be used as a good example to compare with. 8m for Idah could easily be translated to 6-7 mill for Oh which is just ridiculous.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fair enough :50:

Skelleto likes this.