1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Idah vs Miovski

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mike B, Apr 21, 2024.

Discuss Idah vs Miovski in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Genuinely want both. Can’t make my mind up who I want more.

I still stand by that I don’t think I’ve ever seen CCV as uncomfortable as he was in a domestic fixture in the semi final. Granted, it’s a one off game but he Miovski seems a complete handful.

I think Idah deserves the chance here. He’s done well since January. He has missed chances though, quite big ones. He’s also scored some massive goals for us. I’d be happy with any of them but Idah maybe just edging it for me at the moment.

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. murphy88

This is exactly where I am as well. I’d sign Idah definitely. More than Miovski? I think it’s flip of a coin.

3. stew37

I like Miovski, he was the single player I wanted us to bring in from the SPL last window and I was annoyed when we didn't, but after the way Idah has come in and impacted the run in, I'd love for us to sign him permanently. If it was a choice I'd take Adam for sure.

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Idah, purely because we've seen him do it for us. If he comes it's because he loves it, he fits in with the squad here and the manager believes he has a good attitude.

I like Miovski and I think he'd do a job for us. And if he came in instead of Idah i would be accepting of that.

eire4 likes this.
  5. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Miovski for me. Scoring goals in that Aberdeen side, seen more of him than Idah, more of a natural goalscorer. An easy choice for me if priced similarly.

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Yeah more or less, and against the huns and a couple of other games, so just like 6-8 games, but i can't see the hype. Maybe i have not given enough attention.

If the 9 million the media report for Idah is true, i would change my mind and go for Miovski.

9 mill is Odsonne Edouard money bought from PSG. If a * club like Norwich demans that money, Matt O'reilly should be sold for 70 million.

7. Mr Diggler

For me I would prefer Miovski who is yo my eyes a better player. Idah has been terrific and if priced similarly I would imagine Rodgers will want Idah. If Idah rumours are true and Norwich want north of £6 million for him I am not convinced he is worth that. Miovski for £5 million would offer better value in my opinion.

8. murphy88

I find that even more strange then mate, because against us, he has looked good. Scored in two league games against us, then scored in the league cup semi and in all honesty, made Carter-Vickers look very ordinary which we all know he isn’t. Against the huns over the last two season I think he has scored 3 or 4 against them if you include cup games as well. So his record against us and the huns is very good.

9. Crilly Hakuhna matata

For me I’d rather idah as we’ve seen him do it for us and know what he’ll bring us, my original choice was miovski but I’d rather idah from what I’ve seen. I get what you’re saying about miovski’s numbers for that aberdeen side which is true but doesn’t always guarantee he will be successful for us, thinking back to say the likes of nadir ciftci for dundee then coming to us and being brutal

10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Fair enough. If i knew we were interested in him i would pay more attention looking at him. Does he have both speed and power or what type of striker is he?

As i said, with those stats i would rather "gamble" on Miovski insted of paying 9 million for Idah which imo is a ridiculous fee.

11. murphy88

He isn’t lightning quick, but isn’t towing a caravan by any means either. His hold up play is very good and he can bring others into the game. He has good movement as well and is pretty good in the air. Most importantly though, he is a goal scorer. He knows where the back of net is. I’d say Idah runs the channels better, is slightly quicker and is stronger. I do think Miovski has better link up play, and is a more natural finisher though. I’d be happy with either, but really want us to get at least one of them.

Skelleto likes this.
  12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If Idah isn't coming back, we'd be daft not to go for Miovski.

I know Aberdeen will want around £6 million+ for him, but we likely have fringe players they'd be happy to take. If OH isn't off to Germany a bid of £4.5 million + OH would be hard for them to turn down.

Moustache likes this.