1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Free transfer

Captain Brown likes this.
  2. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    It's kind of mental how much of a rebuild we need after winning the league and going unbeaten against the zombies in that campaign too.

First team players needed for GK, CB, CM and wing. There's like £20m in that alone if we want to get CL level players. And then we need more on top of that as well, but I think we'll go for cheap/young players because so much will have been spent elsewhere.

NakamuraTastic and neilly1987 like this.
  3. StevieBhoooy!

I love the optimism as usual..

We’ve been here too many times before..

It’s the same 9/10 transfer windows….

Huns get straight to it (Pish purchases or not) with money they probably don’t have.. yet doesn’t deter them.

while….

Celtic plc * around with tens of millions in the bank pretending they are looking for the right ‘big spend’ players while knowing precisely the main needs for the team.

Every time we see this.., yes the Huns are desperate… but they direct cash - promised, borrowed, stolen or otherwise - into their playing squad.

Sad thing is our support mostly buy into the ploy…

we know they will spend as little as possible…
    We know they will claim it has to be the right players…
    We know they will claim to miss out on targets to ‘lure of £££) elsewhere…

We know the plc will spend less than we make from sales this summer let alone spend any of the 10s millions £££ in the Celtic vault at Gringotts. … and gawd forbid touch the projected 50/60 million UCL cash.

Yet the Celtic support will sit and wait all summer… knowing what the outcome will be yet misguidedly still keeping hoping….

… until the ‘we tried’ announcement comes as the transfer window closes.

Beating Tbe Huns by 8 points could actually just be the signal to the Celtic board that we are far enough ahead to do absolutely fuckall.

I hope I am wrong but we’ve been here so many times.

4. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Matsuki is good. Only 21 but runs FC Tokyo's midfield.

5. Sentinel

@StevieBhoooy! Pretty much exactly this. Still got a cup final to go and I'm already looking at transfer threads and chat. After the last 2 windows I nearly lost my mind. Got to stay away from this site after Saturday.

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Do we really need a rebuild to win the league next year? New GK and LB would probably do it if we signed Idah and Bernardo.

It's going beyond that that needs better players.

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Had a look on the squad page again in terms of who goes

Goalies: all 3 to go in summer

Full backs: bernabei on loan to January Then try and punt, send monty out again too

Centre backs: Lagerbielke, kobiyashi and maybe Welsh if Lennon interest is genuine.

Centre mid: Holm, Mccarthy, Bernardo, lawal, kwon, shaw and Matt likely to leave

Wingers: tilio, hacksaw, yang and mikey, vata likely yoo

Strikers: oh and idah if we don't sign him.

Then all the remaining out on loan should be let go.

That leaves you with

GK: None
    Full back: Johnston, ralston and Taylor
    Centre back: Scales, CCV and nawrocki
    Centre mid: McGregor, Hatate, Iwata,
    Wingers: forrest, khun, daizen and palma
    Strikers: Kyogo.

Looking at the squad left you need and on reflect quite a bit more than I thought.

GK: 2
    CB: 2
    LB: 1
    CM: 3
    Winger: 1
    Striker: 2

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Retired
    Hart

Sell
    £100k - Siegrist
    £100k - Kobayashi
    £1.5m - Welsh
    Pay off - McCarthy
    £30m - O’Riley (he's going, get over it)
    £1m - Haksabanovic
    £3.5m - MJ
    £100k - Kwon
    £100k - Montgomery
    £100k - Shaw

Sell on fee
    Frimpong (£7m)
    Total: £43.5m

Loan with option to buy
    Nawrocki
    Lagerbielke

Loan domestically or English Championship/League 1
    Tilio
    Oh
    Yang
    Holm
    Frame
    Kelly (sign new deal)
    Lawal
    Vata (sign new deal)

Buy
    GK - Casteels (free)
    Left back
    Centre back x2 - McKenna (free) and a beast to partner CCV
    Centre mid: Bernardo (£6m) and Gronbaek (9m)
    Winger
    Striker x2: Idah (£5m) and Miovski (£5m)

£2m - David Watson (loan out immediately)
    £3m - Lennon miller (loan out immediately)
    Free - Fletcher Boyd (loan out as soon as he turns 17)

The money is no good in the bank. * spend it, you tight *. £45m I want spent at a minimum. I couldn't give a * if it's unrealistic under our current board and PL. We have spent absolutely * all in over the last three or four windows. We've actually made a profit. So much so we will now have circa £100m in the bank. It's no * use there.

We're so conservative in our approach it's ludicrous. For once, we could speculate to accumulate. Set out a new policy where we're not dismissing an O'Riley player but we also actually push the boat out on some players for * once.

I want us to break the transfer records this window. Both the transfer price for a player AND total spent.

People (and the board) will point at O'Riley and Hatate etc about how they have been huge successes for nominal fees. I'm not saying we shouldn't go for them. We still should but we should also be looking at a higher calibre of player and potential than the market we currently operate in. Go out and buy Watson and Miller. Future proof the club.

We literally have the money to make the clubs in our league our development teams.

Also, I couldn't give a * about Miovski and Idah being unhappy with the competition. If you're good enough, you'll make it here. There will be plenty of games to play over the course of the season. It would allow us to cope with injuries and play horses for courses - just like we did with Idah at Killie.

TL/DR - I'm bored. Celtic spend some * money, you tight *.

9. celtic warrior

I know it doesn't sound a lot but I reckon we will have a net spend of around £5mill.

£30mill in from various sales and £25 spent going out.

Thing is whether some fans like or not some of that spend can done very cleverly.

If we actually push the boat out for the Belgian GK on a free that is a real problem area solved rather quickly.

Doig is relegated from Serie A so we really should going after him for LB as he should come at a good price.

Idah and Miovski should both be signed as well.

Lennon Miller being the one signing we allow that is a "project".

Wouldn't be against Celtic also trying once again to find a young option from lower league english football in any position.

Depending on what Rodgers want and despite maybe one signing direct from those leagues not working with Rodgers, there should be a good bit of talent in Scandinavian leagues we could poach.

And don't hate me, but id chance our arm at a season long loan for McTominay.

Wingers is a weird position because I think the fanbase miss the flare and sexiness of an attacking three that Jota Kyogo Abada offered. So trying to find players that could rekindle that is going to be hard work.

But there is enough within the market that the board could spend wisely and also fulfill their needs of not spunking tens and tens of millions.

There really is no excuse for next season, there is so much the club could do that would get the fans wet for next season. Just hope they do it.

10. celtic warrior

Gronbaek btw would be someone I reckon the club could market as our top signing... and I'd be absolutely fine with that.

Hammy89 likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agreed on the idah and miovski thing brendan had dembele, eddy and Griffiths at one point fighting it out

NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Agree with everything apart from McTominay.

No way he leaves on loan.

No way he leaves English football. At a minimum, 75% of the EPL would take McTominay.

John Bhoy79 and celtic warrior like this.
  13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Unless he was a free the. We would be paying something like 20 million.

14. celtic warrior

Tbh I think the same, he's shown despite the hate and pressure, he can be clutch for UTD at times and as a result he will have no shortage of suitors in EPL for his services

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. Lochlin Mcghee

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    I'm hoping for early action to bed the players in, but it being the euros, I can see the board using this as an excuse to delay things. I just don't see us going big on spending. Will be the usual, pretty much with a small profit, just enough to keep huns at arms length when we should be sailing away over the horizon.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Casteels

Johnstone CCV JCS Sessegnon

McGregor

Gronbaek
    Hatate

Jota Silva
    Kyogo Maeda

Kelly

Ralston Nawrocki McKenna Taylor

Iwata

O'Hare Praet

Forrest Miovski Koita

17. Foley1888

I think we will make a player trading profit this window but still spend considerably.

That is more down to how high I expect income to be Matt O’Riley will bring in the substantial fee, I think Hatate will leave this summer and Frimpong will likely move giving us the sell on. If you add selling Johnston, Lagerbielke, Haksabanovic and a few others income of over £40m will be likely.

I think we may spend about £30m but also sign 1 or 2 bosmans on expensive deals like Casteel’s.

I think it is likely we bring in 7 players minimum with about double that going the opposite way but that includes loans for the likes of Holm, Yang, Kwon etc.

18. apevrak

Hate to spoil the fun for some of yous, but I seriously doubt Grønbæk will ever come here at this point of his career. He'll be off to a better league than the Premiership when he decides to move on.

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Bodo players don't seem to travel well anyway:fear:

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Watson and Miller would probably want immediate starts for us. With Serie A clubs having cast their eyes on Scotland, we have to grant the players immediate squad player status at least. Also, with Kwon and O'Riley gone as per your predictions, we'd have available game time for at least Watson or Miller. I doubt we'd get Gronbaek on top of Bernardo, Miller and Watson.