1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

To be fair, the Australia team is full of Scotland B-team rejects and they’ve managed to qualify so.. :fear:

2. aussiehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    That is very fair, to be fair.

3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Shut your pie holes, there’s plenty of us still lurking about :ynwacelti

If it wasn’t for the stupid ad blocker rules on here, I need to shut my VPN down even though it doesn’t stop ads :40:, I’d be here more often. Miss you lot :50:

Was great watching us slay the huns from a pub in Yokohama on the weekend and now Champions again :34:

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Although lately the ads are worse on Tapatalk, you ever tried using it? Not sure if it would bypass your VPN issues or not?

At least for your mobile usage away from the laptop/pc

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

craigtheceltic likes this.
  5. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I tried it awhile back but I didn’t see the value in it. Maybe I need to take another look at it, otherwise I’ll be limited to coming on here when I use a wifi I trust.

I forgot to add earlier, Ange just called Spurs supporters ‘tinpot’ in his way :56: Must be hard for him coming from the Celtic ruthlessness to the Spursy attitude.

NakamuraTastic and Peej like this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I reckon he regrets that club a little.
    Not leaving here for a top EPL job, but the club and it's supporters he will be regretting the choice of.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

craigtheceltic likes this.
  7. JamesM09

In all seriousness the Aussie Celtic supporters are brilliant and I’d love to see us grow that part of the support.

8. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I can see one of man united or Liverpool’s fans owners seeing his reaction to the spurs drama and wanting a piece of that mentality. Think his reaction will work well for him. It already has to fans of other teams and pundits.

not sure how well his management style would work on the egos at Manchester United. He’d basically have to sell the whole team and start again. Or at Liverpool sell salah (akin to Kane) and rebuild again

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Henrik Larsson is an Ozzie? Or are you meaning Kyogo has he got a connection? Can't be Sutton or Hooper they are both English. And Dembele and Edouard are French. Daglish and Nicholas definitely home grown too.

Who you talking about?

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's talking about the Scottish national team, I think. Lyndon Dykes and Scott McTominay.

Apparently, he didn't get the memo about Celtic being Irish. :fear:

NakamuraTastic and NomDePlum like this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

he suits man united but as you say their players have the mentality of the spurs fans - losers. he'd need a similar first window that he had with us but shifting * players on £200kp/w ain't easy.

12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Or this being a Celtic forum!

13. murphy88

Man Utd are a shambles, and I don’t think there is a manager in the world that could sort their issues, never mind Postecoglou.

14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Same as Spurs to be fair, and Chelsea. Liverpool and Arsenal will eventually end up that way as well.

That's the problem with the EPL, Man City have basically paid for the next 5/6 years of league titles. And they'll probably take most of the cups along the way too.

Every other club has to try and hold themselves together and fight for the scraps. High chance of things turning toxic in that scenario and it's very hard to turn things around when it does.

15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

INEOS/Jim Ratcliffe have came in and wasted no time in trying to clear out the * and raise the standards again. Ange got fans onside at Celtic and Spurs instantly against a backdrop of toxicity beforehand. He'd be an ideal character to oversee that kind of change.

honda likes this.
  16. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Think there will be big money being spent within the top 6 this summer. Spurs need to as I think Ange won't rate half the team he's got after watching them * up on the last leg..esp that Bentacur haha.

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Man utd having new owners with new investment surely means they'll blow most out the water in an attempt to get... 4th :fear:

City is surely planning on life without pep but in an attempt to gain 1 more champions league they'll spend about £3 and a fredo but somehow end up signing the world's best talent..

Chelsea are nuts so will buy up anyone who seems good but with no direction.

Newcastle after dropping so far off and the taste of champions league will surely go full oil barren and buy massive.

You'll get Liverpool.. they'll drop right off. Possibly 6th or 7th next season if not lower. Won't spend much either as they'll expect it.

Spurs will spend less than sevco.

All in I can see it being a complete record breaker this summer.

18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    RIP George TheGuru

19. murphy88

He is likely to get sacked by Spurs, and the fans appear to be turning against him less than a year into the job. So not sure that’s a great example to be fair.

Man Utd have got far bigger issues off the park to sort first before they can sort the ones on it. They are a basket case, and better managers than Ange have found that out.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Is that right? If anything he looks like he's turning against them after their antics this week and more likely to walk away than get sacked.

re: Man United I've you've ignored the bit about them already fixing the stuff off the park just now in prep for a summer of upheaval.

greengrocer likes this.