1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You don't want him to do well down there after everything he gave us?

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Maybe if it was a dead rubber for us, a minority might; but not if a CL place was still in play, no way. That's almost the definition of hating the Huns more than you love Celtic.

FranceCelt and Darksel like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I remember sitting in the pub initially wanting the diets to beat us at Tynecastle so the huns wouldn't get the other champions league spot..

Was it Hartley that scored early on for them? Can't mind but after a bit I was like nah * this and wanted us to win..

Darksel likes this.
  4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Spurs fans only started singing when they went 2-0 down. Then at the end were singing "are you watching, Arsenal?"

That's so tinpot its embarrassing. No wonder he's raging. They could potentially have got something from the game had the fans backed the team (they actually performed well in the game).

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

* that. Why bother going to a game of football wanting your team to lose?

Darksel and martin_d like this.
  6. murphy88

I wouldn’t go to the game. And I certainly wouldn’t be celebrating like some Spurs fans were last night. If it cost the huns the league though, I would want Aberdeen to turn us over that game however yes.

Suppose that can be the consequences of joining a diddy club like Ange chose to do though.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. murphy88

I wouldn’t have went. * watching the huns winning the league when the likelihood is a win will mean nothing in the end anyway. Which was the case the for Spurs last night. They were more than likely going to finish 5th anyway, regardless of what happened last night.

Twisty likes this.
  8. murphy88

What about if it handed the title to the huns mate? That change things you think?

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't mean a dead rubber, though. This wasn't a dead rubber for Spurs. Imagine Aberdeen are 2 points ahead of Rangers who are 2 points ahead of us with 2 games to go. We're playing Aberdeen. If we win, we can still get the CL place in second, but the Huns will win the league; if we lose, Aberdeen can still beat the Huns to the league, but we will be stuck with the EL. In that scenario, you would want Aberdeen to win the game?

10. murphy88

With the situation Spurs were in last night and probability they had of qualifying for the CL, if we were in that very same situation, I’m wanting Aberdeen to beat us to all but guarantee the huns don’t win the league yes.

11. ardis1967

It's a complete loser mentality wanting your team to actively lose to hinder your rivals. No wonder Tottenham don't win anything.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Can I ask how old you are, mate? I don't mean anything patronising by this question, I'm just trying to see it from your POV and running through possibilities in my mind.

13. Onefootwonder

This it for me.

Spurs fans have been happy to sacrifice the chance of a top four finish, and a champions league qualification, to stop Arsenal winning the league.

That will potentially cost Spurs a lot of money and stop them attracting a higher standard of player.

It's one thing to enjoy your rivals failing, it's another thing all together when you are happy to see your club regress as it affects your rival.

Spurs fans have humiliated themselves.

14. murphy88

Clinging on to 32

15. murphy88

They weren’t getting 4th if we are honest about.

Twisty likes this.
  16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Can't see Rodgers being any happier, or quieter about it in similar circumstances.

Similar to the Huns celebrating a draw wanting my own team to lose isn't something I believe I'd ever even consider. Must have been in the situation at one point but struggling to remember it so pretty hypothetical.

Quite happy to support any team playing the Huns under any circumstances.

17. Onefootwonder

Last game of the season against Sheffield Utd and Villa have to play an inform Palace. Villa haven't won any of their last 5 games.

If Spurs got 3 points last night they would have had a good chance of putting pressure on Villa and getting a result.

Man City were tense and passive last night. A supportive crowd could have made that game harder.

I don't understand attitudes like yourself. Happier to see other clubs failing that your own club succeeding.

18. murphy88

The consequences of the huns winning the league outweighs the slim possibility of qualifying for the CL in last nights circumstances. That’s where the attitude comes from.

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    OK, so not that, then. OK, just to be clear, are you OK with Celtic getting hurt as long as the Huns get hurt more?

Darksel likes this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You can't know that. They're playing the weakest team in the league in their final game, the nearest thing to a gimme that league has. Meanwhile, Villa are away to Crystal Palace, which is a very tough game. If Spurs could have beaten City, they were still in with a shout.

Gurru 991, JML67 and Darksel like this.