1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Had my doubts and still do long term but there’s no doubt he has the mentality and knowledge to win the silverware here. We had some good performances in Europe as well just a lot of injuries hindered us, invest the money properly and we can kick up another level easily.

I think the struggle was that Ange lifted a lot players above their level consistently which Rodgers doesn’t have the ability to do but he keeps us winning.

2. Sween

I've loved him from the start so no surprise he has come good :50:

3. murphy88

See every * that wanted him sacked. Get it right * up yeez

Last edited: May 11, 2024
    stubhoy07, Crilly, HoopyT and 6 others like this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

@Blochairnbhoy

What was it? Lucky to get 3 points from the final 5 games? :56: :56: get it right up ye!!!! Championiess again!!!!!

In brendan we trust. Another couple seasons and we can get the ten in a row song back on the go :56:

Jeannie960, HoopyT and greenockbhoy67 like this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Now for him to see by his beloved Scales please

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Loved hearing him talk after the game, this is a different Rodgers from his first stint here, he said he'd deliver the title and he's done it, now for the double. :ynwacelti

7. Bonobhoy

My fear is the board try to * us again....We should be hounding them for the next 2 games still.

When the TV cut to those 2 * at the end it made me sick.

They are the problem and we all know it.

If Rodgers get the funds and spends it wisely....Those * across the road die for good as they will not be able to live with us.

Im all in here with Brendan....Give him the funds and fire away from the Huns for good.

8. donnegal celt

He deserve credit for winning title with squad he had work with this year. Can see everyone last summer signing going this summer or loaned out.
    Only Palma and Bernardo might have chance to stay

Crilly likes this.
  9. murphy88

I’m sure there are some fans gutted to see him succeed. Time to give it up chaps. The man is a * winner. Get behind him.

10. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Class :BR1:

Rydo1888*, Morcombe and Jeannie960 like this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Still need to get 1 point nothing is won yet but it's a good day

12. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    if we lost both would need to be an 8 goal swing it’s done we won’t lose at home to St Mirren

Jeannie960 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    :56:

14. cammy07

Say what you like about this season, his style of football (which is nowhere near as bad as made on) but he’s come good when it’s really mattered, again.

Think my main criticism of him early in the season was he was a bit passive, almost as though the backlash of his appointment was playing on him a bit, he definitely wasn’t the same guy that swanned in last time and wiped the floor with anyone who got in his way, the past few months however he’s undoubtedly been the Brendan Rodgers of old, and as per he has a vice like grip over whatever nugget is in the hun dug out, baldymort especially

The performances in Europe have been better and if we go and beat these * again in a couple weeks time then it’s been an absolutely fantastic season.

Hopefully we learn from past mistakes (unlikely given our dealings this season) and the board fully back him and I’ve got absolutely no doubt he’ll deliver another lorry load of trophies before he goes again.

15. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Good to see you in better spirits, I hope the impending double lifts your mood. Hail hail

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. apevrak

I've been one of BR's biggest critics this season. I think our play has looked laboured in crucial matches, today's second half is no exception. But I got to hand it to him, since Christmas we've only lost once. It's a very impressive run. He's rised to the occasion, very likely won us the league today and we're favourites for the double. What more can you ask from the man? I'm over the moon that he made a * of my opinions earlier this season.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  17. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Seen his Post-Match comments about being treated like a novice. A dig at Chris Sutton?

18. jambo_cfc

I didn’t want him back but thought with him come back it meant the board where going to spend some money ! How wrong was I ! When all the mark lawwell and his pal stuff came out I started to give him a little slack and he has delivered since then ! Thought there was more going on in the background than has been publicised and when I found out the other day that he has only had oreilly , hatate and McGregor all fit for 7 games including today then it really does look a lot better now !

Last edited: May 11, 2024
    NakamuraTastic and apevrak like this.
  19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Deserves huge credit for what he has done this season with our best players being out with injury for large parts of the season and us not replacing Jota with quality.

And the huns don’t have a rookie manager this time either.

20. JamesM09

Why the past tense? What about us * that still want him punted? :fear: