1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Dawson

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Jun 18, 2021.

Discuss Joey Dawson in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    That's a good point.

2. Foley1888

Yeah and you also have to factor in, that in all likelihood they would move Maeda to centre forward as the 3rd option.

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    More than likely. I think you haven't seen him there already this season because we have been so thin on the wings.

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Young striker Joey Dawson hasn’t had the best of luck at Celtic and his injury issues will continue despite recently recovering from a long-term ACL problem.

Dawson signed for the Bhoys from Scunthorpe back in 2021 and went on to make his senior debut under Ange Postecoglou during a 3-1 win over St Johnstone in December of that year

He then progressed within the Celtic B set-up, showing lethal Lowland League form with 20 goals in 21 appearances during the 2022/23 campaign, garnering himself a bit of hype.

However, his development was cut short in March of last year after suffering an ACL rupture in his left knee. That served as a bitter blow to the prospect and kept him out for the rest of 2023.

Back in May, the hope of a bright new Celtic chapter surfaced after he penned a year’s extension to his contract until the summer of 2025. But the player is now facing another lengthy spell on the sidelines

The striker posted on Instagram this weekend: “Not really too sure where to start to be honest! After only recently getting myself fit from my left ACL I’ve now unfortunately ruptured my right one.

“Surgery today went well and now we can start to recover! I’d just like to say a big thank you to everyone who’s helped me through this tough period. You know who you are.

It’s a real shame for the 21-year-old. Understandably teammates past and present have been rushing to the comments to wish him well.

Josip Juranovic left a classy comment urging a “speedy recovery”, as did Ben Doak and Daniel Kelly alongside a clutch of other youth players at the club.

Assuming there’s a similar rehabilitation time to his left knee, the issue with his right will keep him out well into 2025.

It’s hard to know where his career at Celtic will go from here but every fan will be hoping all the best for him and that he makes a healthy comeback.

Crilly likes this.
  5. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I feel bad for him, that injury that put him out came at a bad time, he'd have got first team game time at the end of the season if it wasn't for it and could have cracked on, of he's * the other one now though that could be a career ender for any kind of top flight chances

MagicBallBhoy and martin_d like this.
  6. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Shame for the lad. Looked to be doing well in the B team too before the 1st injury. Will be difficult to come back from it a 2nd time.

Not the 1st time one of our promising youngsters has gotten a bad injury at a key stage of their development and we've been left with a "what if"

martin_d likes this.