1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosun Lawal

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by McChiellini.., Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Bosun Lawal in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

He's always been a MF. Inexplicably celtic moved him back to defence. Now he's flourishing.

Get him involved in pre-season as a CM and go from there.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I would loan him out again next season. Even though he has been great in the loan give him another year of first team football to come on more and he will be ready for the first team.

But I bet you we keep him next season and play him centre half…….

3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I genuinely thought that we might be able to get £500k for him in the summer but with his performances in League One, we should be looking at another loan but to the championship next year. Then you're talking about a really good sum of money if we did decide to sell him.

Not against having a proper look at him in the summer during pre-season, though. We need a big lump of a boy in the midfield at times so he might be the answer moving forward. He just needs to continue that development and continue to get the game time.

martin_d and eire4 like this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We should be letting him train in the first team and trying him out in a couple friendlies first though, I’ve only been watching along his loan through highlights so absolutely not a full view of where he is but his highs, and all round game looking at him through that. He’s possibly ready after having the loan this year, and when we have a look at him, it needs to be where he’s been playing excellent - he’s a box to box midfielder, not a CB or DM. Of he doesn’t look quite there in training or in friendlies, then I want him on loan in the SPFL.

I want Kwon in England to try and get an inflated fee and St Mirren apparently want him on loan full season next year, I’d offer him there if he’s not ready yet. I think he’s got a very high potential though, his physicality and his technique is a hard find.

Gabriel likes this.
  5. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    O'Riley impressed in League One then came straight in and performed so don't see why he couldn't have a similar impact if Rodger's likes the look of him.

If we don't make the Bernardo deal permanent then I woudn't be against him taking up Bernardo's role in the team. Although Rodger's might see Bernardo as O'Riley's replacement anyway.

Crilly likes this.
  6. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Is he an out and out defensive midfielder?

Or does he play more as an 8?

Has chipped in with more goals than ud expect from a dm

7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

He seems to be playing as an 8 I think at watfords 18s he was a 6 but few clips I’ve seen of him he’s driving forward dribbling well in advanced areas etc. he’s looked very good. Nearly every goals been a screamer asqwll

martin_d and Ryanm1984 like this.
  8. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We could really do with a powerhouse 8 for when Hatate is out, if we give him a chance he could save us a few pennies

martin_d and Ryanm1984 like this.
  9. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Apparently QPR, and newly promoted to championship Portsmouth and derby are interested in Bosun. He’s clearly impressed which is good, Brendan wants to give him the chance to impress in pre season. Atleast if he doesn’t we should definitely get a decent fee for him

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Get him back for pre season then ship him out for another years loan, the way we should do with a lot more of our players

HoopyT likes this.
  11. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

QPR are leading the chase for Celtic’s Republic of Ireland prospect Bosun Lawal.

The Championship side want to do a deal with the Hoops, who are taking Lawal back after his loan spell at Fleetwood Town

Portsmouth are also keen on a loan for the midfielder, who impressed in League One this season.

Newly-promoted Derby County are also watching developments after the 20-year-old’s standout displays.

Brendan Rodgers is set to give Lawal a chance to impress in pre-season this summer.

But another loan deal is still a possibility if Celtic feel he would benefit from more experience.

Crilly likes this.
  12. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Those will be good moves for him. No future here as we need to really push on player wise.

13. Foley1888

Noticed a guy on X has put up a thread about his loan at Fleetwood, stating how much of a success it has been. It also featured this slightly longer highlights reel.

https://x.com/celticylupdates/status/1785362136597774846?s=46

I would like to see him get a shot next season or at least in preseason. He has a lot of attributes our midfield is missing, strength, ball carrying, some striker from distance and an eye for a pass. You would imagine the spell playing at the back will also have helped with his defensive awareness.

To me though I don’t think he is the 6 or sitting midfielder; he could play that in a double pivot with McGregor offering the opposite to what he does with more of a 10 or pushing Hatate on if he is still here. Putting a big physical presence like that in the side will also help at set plays in both boxes.

It is encouraging the top club in the league are desperate to sign him. Shows he has been a stand out when a player for a relegated club are having a player watched by the top teams in the division.

Wllm, PaddyJamieson and JC Anton like this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Looks to have everything you'd need for a dynamic CM, strong, fast, dynamic, passing looks accurate and an eye for goal.

League 1 loans have worked well for us in the past.

Definitely want to see him get a chance.

Hammy89, NomDePlum and martin_d like this.
  15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Crilly likes this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Think we need to extend his deal and send him out on loan for another year then either sell him or give him a go in 25/26 season.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    How long is his deal with us?

2 years or less and we need to keep him and give him a shot. Anything over 3 and I wouldn't be against loaning him out for another 6 months

20. Foley1888

I think he deserves a shot here, he’s not a sitting midfielder but could be a very good foyle for having the likes of McGregor being your deepest lying midfielder, given he has got the defensive side to his game but also can carry the ball, spot a pass and a decent strike from distance.

Does look to have a bit of a tendency to overplay it in dangerous situations but that’s his first season in senior football at a reasonable level and he looks very decent for only being 20 years old. His apparent physicality in terms of just being able to ease guys out and the way but still having good mobility is something we haven’t had in our midfield since the days of Wanyama.

Crilly likes this.