1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

'Honest' mistakes 24/25

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 20, 2023.

Discuss 'Honest' mistakes 24/25 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

It's a foul, but it's soft... The Aberdeen player just came in wanting it more...they both disrupt each others attack on the ball, neither gets it, foul against the Aberdeen guy for coming in diagonally over the players back... If he'd got any contact on the ball at all it wouldn't have been

Artorias likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    They both disrupt each others attack?

The * does that mean? :56:

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Even if he did head it it would be a foul as he pushes and lands on another player.

Peej likes this.
  4. murphy88

I don’t see a lot wrong with that to be honest. Maybe just a foul but there’s not much in it. Aberdeen player has the run on Johnston so gets up above him. The fact he doesn’t make contact with the ball probably makes it a foul.

saltire78 likes this.
  5. saltire78

Means exactly what I said.. they're both attacking the ball, they both get in each others way of that, neither gets the ball...

Difference is AJ is never on a route to interfere with the Aberdeen player, and the the sheep is travelling straight at him... For that reason it's a foul when he misses and collides with our player

6. saltire78

If head got a clean head on it (he's above AJ) then it wouldn't be a foul

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If he never barged into Johnston's back fouling him Johnston would have headed the ball.

8. saltire78

I know... And if Johnston hadn't jumped from under him (perfectly legally!) then so would he... That's my point. There was no malice or intent from either player, it's just a simple foul... Both going for the ball, neither got it, foul against AJ...

It's soft, but still a foul, and I don't know why it's still being debated?

9. saltire78

100% the way I read it to... If he'd got the ball I don't think the refs, or even I, would have considered giving the foul

murphy88 likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And the game was being consistently refereed when it came to aerial duels that stuff like that wasn’t being stopped as foul, aerial challenges in general weren’t being needlessly called as a foul and it suited both teams that. Consistency is the only thing I ask for. So in some games, like one Willie Collum’s in charge of who blows his whistle for most aerial duels, it would be. But when everyone is challenging the same, and know what’s being allowed, then its not.

IMO it shouldn’t be either btw, but it could be under ‘letter of law’ but sticking to the letter of the law, and not using any common sense or own judgment is my biggest issue with VAR.

11. Onefootwonder

The VAR review panel says that the penalty Hearts got against us shouldn't have been a penalty.

The Yang red card also should have been there.

seanm likes this.
  12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

They've included our penalty in that game on the list too, which I actually agree with. Yang decision should be there but was never going to be after we lost an appeal.

Blochairnbhoy and seanm like this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just to be clear, these are only incidents that var was used, with it then being judged to be used wrongly?

As in, it's not counting the numerous times that they refuse to use VaR for various decisions?

Hammy89, Blochairnbhoy and seanm like this.
  14. Foley1888

This process lacked any credibility when it said Their two penalties against Hearts and Aberdeen when Clement came in were penalties when we had 3 similar incidents against Ross County the next game, Aberdeen had one versus them in League cup final.

Further Yang being only player sent off when Goldson cleared for studding Livi defender with a high foot not only no red, goal stood so not even a foul. Bair on Sclaes, Dundee boy at the weekend there, Cantwell vs St Mirren at weekend all very similar incidents only one reviewed but that was right so all the others must be errors for not being flagged by VAR by that logic?

We went out the league cup where our left back was elbowed deliberately and it was ignored leading to us being short when Killie scored and Haksabanovic was taken down by Mayo in the box identical to Musulla last night in CL semi final but no penalty awarded.

It’s the same with the bias in the process is shown in the Sterling one, it’s subjective but he’s out of control hits the players standing leg not the one where the ball was. It endangered a player far more than getting flicked on the shoulder by Yangs boot.

As long as this is them marking your own homework it isn’t independent and not worth the air time it’s getting.

Hammy89, Peej and seanm like this.
  15. seanm

Lol cheating * like we all know. Fenerbache embarrassed the turkish fa so much with their boycott of the cup playing an u19 team them walking off the field after 30 seconds that their fa drafted in neutral VAR officials from france belgium spain. We are * and we wouldnt do that. Thats our problem. Our support cant agree on the colour of * to be that united. We might squeak the league despite the cheating but it will continue until we the fans get it sorted. The club and board will do * all. And your gonna need an honest mistakes 2 an 3 and 4 thread from now till eternity with these * licking sevcos balls and * .HH

oh bhoy and Bonobhoy like this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    These are reasons I wonder if it's just for calls that VaR did get involved in, rather than not..
    Plenty of obvious ones they've been allowed to get away with, not because VaR agreed/disagreed, but simply because the people in charge decided not to do anything.

That's the bigger issue here.

17. seanm

* and we play in the * league giving it a look of being fair and unbiased. Is there anyone at our club with * balls. Is there *.*. we play in it we are complicit in the cheating so suck it up or sort it out HH

18. seanm

Did these * investigating themselves check every * hun penalty. Did they *.HH

Peej likes this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Of course they did. Marking their own home work.

Any bare chance or dubious chance that they get a penalty, they'll award it and twist some rule to make it agree.

But when the exact same incidents happen to other teams, var is no where to be seen - that's the issue. Not that they've managed to take 4minutes at a time to find the correct response for their *, but that the rest of us aren't getting the same approach or application of the rules.

Hence, the decisions not to use VaR to help other clubs, isn't within the scope of this self serving review.

20. DonnyCelt

Absolutely no chance can they justify Yang's red card as correct when you see others that are far worse and gone unpunished.

Yang made NO contact with the player and was in a backwards motion moving away from the player.

Yet the huns scored a goal directly from Goldson smashing a livi player in the head with his studs, and it was aloud to stand. Also cuntwell was up head height with his studs at the weekend, far worse than Yang's, yet that went unpunished.

And unless it's a typo, they've said the only correct call in the game was Hearts penalty from Iwata's "handball", they surely cannot defend that, the penalties we've not been given for handballs more blatant and obvious than the one our player knew * all about.

Time for our club to grow a pair and tell them to stick VAR.

Peej and Hammy89 like this.