1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sead Haksabanovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 24, 2022.

Discuss Sead Haksabanovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic20

I think when people talk about how players can be "good to have in the squad", that's all well and good. The problem is so many players have big ambitions and don't want to settle for that role.

Get the vibe Saed Haksabanovic is one of those players. I would love to have him around coming off the bench and being a rotation player next season. But get the feeling that if you put that role forward to him he would laugh you right out the room.

Need better in terms of our first picks. So not surprised we could be about to sell.

2. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    His ego mite be checked after the season he's had.

Agree that he's type that could do a turn coming off the bench. Would of rather seen him come off the bench than some we have used this season

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. celtic20

Agree with all of that.

But if I'm putting my money on it, I think he's out the door. Didn't sound like things were too great between him and Rodgers at the start of the season.

NakamuraTastic and Ryanm1984 like this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He publicly done a wee bitchy strop on social media. And he done that after two sub appearances coming on, and being a real threat, and had played himself into starting the next game against the Huns IMO. The sub appearances before his strop, the team were relying on him a lot to pull something off and were feeding him the ball constantly and clearly trusted his ability there.

I’ve never heard a thing about him saying anything in person or a bust up, there was not a stitch of a rumour or talk about him doing it in the dressing room. He went home and was a stroppy * on Instagram instead. He won’t come back from that. And he’s not exactly proven himself on loan that he can have an attitude like that.

Annoying as * though, the glimpses under Ange I really rated him. I had a score for PotY for him end of last year for this season, at 80/1:56: his stats for the his games under Ange was genuinely ridiculous, all round. He was unlucky with injuries, and the season stopping for world cup. But that behaviour regardless of what I think he could be, isn’t something that’s allowed. Get what we can for him, as soon as possible.

celtic20 likes this.
  5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    We have certainly squandered a lot of money in buying * over the years!

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Forgot he existed. He's a better option than Yang on the left, but wouldn't be too fussed if he was moved on in the summer.

7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    The Ice Age went quicker than he does. Never an option on the wing. He’d be a decent 10 in a team that would tolerate his laziness.

8. ardis1967

Understand that Stoke have been poor but if you don't even stand out in a side like that you should be nowhere near a Celtic side. Get him gone

martin_d likes this.
  9. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    He has been better than most at stoke, would prefer him to Yang when he came back but would give them both a chance in pre-season

10. ardis1967

From what I'm reading on twitter a lot of Stoke fans wouldn't pay anything over a million for him as 'he's not done anything to warrant spending 2.2 million on him'

Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence really. like I said get him him gone. Can't be having players like him around if we want to go to a higher level

martin_d likes this.
  11. Cringer67

Makes Palma look like Usain Bolt. Bin

martin_d likes this.
  12. Lecs

Too much of a luxury.

The game has changed, maybe 15 years ago he would've made it. Certainly not now.

Always remember him missing sitters against the huns.

13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Which makes you wonder why we signed Palma who is a carbon copy of him

14. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wonder if Transfermarket Utd want to buy him... they seem to really rate him lol. Shows what a joke their evaluations are when ye see he's worth near the same as Maeda and twice as much as Adam Idah

upload_2024-4-26_16-42-44.png

Hammy89, NakamuraTastic and Slaw like this.
  15. Onefootwonder

Transfermarkt valued Ryan Kent at €17.5m when he was playing terribly, not scoring and creating nothing.

Some of the values they come up with make zero sense.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It isn't just his terrible lack of mobility that's a problem but his lack of stamina for a professional athletes an embarrassment..

He's technically at a good enough level for us but everything else isn't..

Punt..

Hammy89 and martin_d like this.
  17. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Not for me. Palma not the fastest or most energetic, but he’s still quicker than Haksa. As McGuire said above, Haksa lacks actual stamina and basic fitness, not just pace. Plus Palma’s work rate and attitude are far better.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Lol..it's funny how it goes like that! How was he to know we'd bin Turnbull and sign projects

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  19. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Probably right about stamina and fitness but I lm not to sure about attitude. Haksabanovic's was pish no doubt but I don't think Palma’s attitude is particularly good either

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  20. henriks tongue

I was really excited by him first few games and screaming for more starts, including rangers game.
    I don't think he's any worse in terms of ability than majority of our (admittedly mediocre) wide players.

Problem of course is the bad attitude and that's a much harder thing to resolve.
    I'd like to have him back for pre-season, if no change in attitude and not absolutely busting a gut to play, get rid.

Ryanm1984 and bhroom like this.