1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ILoveTheCeltic, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Golf Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Very interesting tonight. Was 4 tied at top there but Scheffler out in front just now by 1.

2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    First time I've watched golf in years, * class here. Scheffler looks like he's not losing it from here, guy is brilliant. No counting Äberg or Homa out btw, Morikawa has * it a think.

Luis1967 likes this.
  3. murphy88

I’ll be amazed if Scheffler doesn’t win this. The guy is unreal. Very few mistakes from him, and when he does make a bogey, his ability to bounce back is phenomenal. If he has an 8 iron or less in his hand, you almost expect it to be inside 10ft.

Luis1967 likes this.
  4. KG-Henrik

His form has been incredible. To be massive favourite going into the week and able to perform as he has is quite something.

Hopefully Homa, Morikawa & Aberg make a few birdies/eagles and keep the pressure up. They’ve all been pretty impressive tbf considering there’s only 9players under par.

5. cammy07

Would take a monumental collapse now. Scheffler is far too solid.

6. murphy88

He is incredible. Back 9 at Augusta is great for drama though. Eagle and birdie chances, but also holes where doubles can easily be made.

7. murphy88

Between Scheffler and Homa now then.

8. murphy88

Remember Spieth when Willett won it.

I don’t see it happening though.

9. cammy07

Aye had that in mind but just can’t see anything like that with Scheffler. He’s just way too consistent for that. The rest of his competition are doing his job for him.

10. murphy88

I don’t either but I’m holding out hope. I’ve got Homa at 55/1

cammy07 likes this.
  11. KG-Henrik

Yeah looks like the pressure is getting to the chasing pack instead.

12. murphy88

Scheffler is absolutely miles ahead of any other golfer in the world at the minute. Major number 2 incoming and I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t add at least one more this year. So in control with everything he does, even if his dancing feet suggest the opposite. The putter was an issue, but after changing that it’s improved, and with the amount of chances he gives himself, if he converts even a fraction of them, he is hard to beat.

KG-Henrik likes this.
  13. cammy07

He makes a difficult game look ridiculously easy. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he wins all 3 majors on American soil and already sitting with the players in his back pocket.

Tiger levels of dominance incoming I feel.

14. murphy88

It does feel that way.

15. Slaw

People said the exact same things about Rahm and DJ in the last 4 years or so. It’s incredibly difficult to remain at the top of the sport for a long period of time these days. Let’s just see if he can do it. Incredible performance though, proving exactly why he was a very clear favourite for the jacket.

cas79 likes this.
  16. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Guy is immense. You can just tell with some people they've got the magic...pressure piling on and they just thrive on it. Make a mistake and just step it up effortlessly.

So glad I watched that there, has reignited my interest in golf again. Takes a special talent to get me like that, Tiger done it, Federer done it, Scheffler looks like he could be that type of character. Superb stuff.

17. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Even more amazing when no golf coach in the world would encourage you to swing like that. His feet are all over the place.

18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Brilliant from Scheffler.

I did fancy hum but his odds were terrible, thankfully MGM had a 100% profit so used that.

Fancied between him, Schauffele and Koepka as main bets. Funnily enough I did end up putting on Morikawa who I have been saying for a while he's going to win it at some point, but had done that bet later as his form has been poor.

Young Aberg looks like he'll be wearing that green jacket at some point.

Did wonder about the LIV players and how motivated and prepared they'd be for this tourniquet, think way too much money on their minds and then it probably catches up with them in competitions like this.

19. KG-Henrik

Aberg does look like he’ll be the next big thing goin by his quick rise and multiple wins already.

I don’t think money is a factor at all. It’s probably more likely an internal pressure to prove a point that LIV can still prepare for the highest level.

Smith, DeChambeau, Hatton, Reed all placed in top 12.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Golf is a streaky game and Scheffler’s personal life is literally about to get flipped upside down which he’s alluded to.

He’ll still be a major threat but he won’t enter into any period of dominance IMO.