1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Huns V Celtic Sunday April 7th kick off 12PM Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Mar 31, 2024.

Discuss Huns V Celtic Sunday April 7th kick off 12PM Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I watched highlights of the 1 nil game at Ibrox and a few times we were in on them by going long down the channels.. pulling the 2 centre halves out on the turn will give us tons of space in behind. We have the pace in the front 3 to rip them to bits if we can be clinical.

BhoyFitz, Crilly, Rydo1888* and 4 others like this.
  2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm more worried about the refereeing than I've ever been. To pick John Beaton for this game after everything that's happened feels like a statement of intent to me. Our record against them when Beaton's been the referee is astonishingly poor considering we've been dominant domestically for all but 1 season in that period.

I hope the team have instructions not to give them the slightest excuse.

3. Lecs

I feel quietly confident to be honest.

Ibrox, with John Bellshill Loyal Beaton aside.

We've beat them twice this season with no Hatate, and no Carter Vickers. Two guys who are absolutely massive for us.

Kyogo has started to look like himself again, Kuhn has been excellent in the last 3 or 4 games or so. Maeda, as critical as I am about his ability, away at Ibrox is where he's at his most useful. Carter Vickers is the best defender in the country, his presence alone affects us exponentially in a positive fashion.

The only concern is how fit McGregor is, how long Hatate will last. But we have decent options on the bench, even if they two can give us 45 minutes to 60 minutes.

Their defense is *, if we can hit them on the counter with the pace of Maeda/Kyogo then I think we'll see it out.

Even a draw would be okay. They really need to win. Pressure is on them.

4. PaddyBhoy-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    We’re gonny pump them on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crilly likes this.
  5. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Win the game at the kak hole ,,, league is ours.

:hi5:

BhoyFitz, bhroom and Crilly like this.
  6. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

England you’re a monster don’t think that you have won.

mayo likes this.
  7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Feeling a bit more confident.

Everyone says our defence is * down the left but on the whole our defence is stronger than theirs. Taylor, Scales, CCV, Johnston is a stronger defence than anything they can throw together.

A midfield of Hatate, O'Riley, Iwata/McGregor blows anything they have out the water.

Maeda, Kyogo, Kuhn are much better than anything they have.

Buckland is better than Hart but that's it.

My only concern is I think they'll start with Matondo and his pace will give Taylor a problem. But we are the better team on paper.

Crilly, BhoyFitz and bhroom like this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Matondo if he’s on the right is * useless. Weirdly for a right footed winger with his attributes he can’t play on the right at all. If Sima is up against him that’d be more a worry for me that, he’s exactly what Taylor hates to play against, big strong fast and skilful, and a goalscorer. But he’s just back only had 10 mins gametime and tends to play off the left as well.

International break felt like it came just as we were building a bit of form and was unwelcome, but we’ve now had that wee bit of time to get our best players back.

Hammy89 likes this.
  9. GreenLeanMean

Taylor must love having daizen in front of him. Man's a machine and will help when tracking back. Quietly confident with this game.

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Aye, I don't know what Sima was like at the weekend but he took like 6 or 7 games at the start of the season to get into form. Going by that, he may not be ready for this game.

I don't know who they'll put up against Taylor. Don't know who they'll play at left back either. Both are weaker areas.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    Liam Scales likes this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

not sure we can read too much into the first game at Ibrox (tactically) as they did have a wheeler dealer as manager then but psychologically it's still gonna be in their minds that they've not beat us with Rodgers in the dugout.

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. seanm

Hope we win .but if its another VAR honest mistake then we seriously need to think about leaving this rigged league. When will we ever learn. If you take the shafting they will continue the shafting.anyone with close contacts to the club should seriously consider this. Ive had enough after 62 years. lying cheating anti catholic *. Seriously we need to have this conversation .COYBIG HH.as a great man once said make the referee irrelevant.

Dalbeth3, Dannybhoy81 and Hammy89 like this.
  13. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm thinking with Khun and Maeda in form and firing it's gonna be drawing one of either Goldson or Souttar across to help cover each time they go at Tavpen or Barasic. Kyogo could have a grand auld time with the space created if our wingers are in the mood. Long as we stay aggressive and on the attack while being aware of their counter threat I reckon we'll take it.

Dannybhoy81 and JC Anton like this.
  14. Foley1888

Where I agree with this and I know the second game was at Celtic park but I feel we were more comfortable and more in control of that second game than we were the first win this season.

Baring a 10 minute spell at the end of the first half and the injury time after giving up that goal we were very much the team in the ascendency for the majority of that game. They will have a largely similar team playing a similar style on Sunday, to some extent I would say they aren’t even playing as well now as they were going into that game.

In reality when you throw in the Beaton factor and it’s at Ibrox there isn’t going to be a lot between the teams and it will likely come down to moments in the game and who takes them. Fingers and toes crossed it’s us.

I am hoping we can be better in the final third than we have been in those first two games as we got in a lot of good situations and failed to capitalise. Likely we will be able to tell early on how this is going to go, you often can in these games.

JML67 likes this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Without going back and watching the highlights/game again I can only go from my feeling during the games. I felt more nervous during the game at parkhead but perhaps more to do with the fact I expected us to get beat at Ibrox beforehand given how threadbare we were at the time. Having a fit and strong XI is a huge factor, and us keeping that number on the park will be the other major decider imo. I think we do them if so, but we need to be 100% at it from the off and boss them.

I can't see uncle fester allowing McGregor (if fit) the freedom of the midfield as he was by mcbeale in the first game.

16. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Looking forward to the Boo Boo sea of Ibrokes:)

seanm likes this.
  17. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    And a lap of shame from the players pretending they are sorry about getting pumped

seanm and HoopyT like this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wee Crawford Allan is * off and throwing his grenade in.

They complained about collum few years back he didn't get a game rest of that season.

They then complained about him in a total non event this season as sima was offside and he hasn't had a league game of theirs, he got the Scottish cup home game against Ayr which they knew was a formality

Clancy after giving them their first red card in years didn't get a game for rest of season.

Yet Robertson and Beaton get out 2 back to back and we are sitting on our hands.

Sunday could be the ultimate screwjob by the officials BTW. If we get out of ibrox with a draw or a win it will be a miracle not because I fear them but because we know what the officials will be upto.

19. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Nothing new and don't know how decisions could get any worse.
    That last game var would have given them that "handball". But didn't.

We've been against the system for over a century and some of the worst decisions in world football given...and we still best them

JML67 likes this.
  20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly - we know the refs a hun and we're up against it from the off but ultimately our guys on the park do their jobs then we can absolutely make the officials and the SFA an irrelevance.

seanm and greengrocer like this.