1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Colts

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Jun 10, 2017.

Discuss Celtic Colts in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Frying my brain he got a shot at the highest level for a debut, done * very well in 2 different positions. And when we get our first choice LB injured, we’ve played somebody we were desperately trying to punt and know isn’t good enough and it’s cost us and at times, Ralston at LB as an emergency cover.

He stood up when he got a shot, and after he done that? * all, shown that it doesn’t mean much to the manager that. He should be an option on the bench more since then, especially when we knew at times Taylor was playing with a virus and brought Ralston on for him last half hour when we went ahead to rest him, or like Dundee when we manage Taylor’s fitness, Ralston on at 6 up when that could be Frame getting 35 minutes under his belt, 6 up at Parkhead thats a no pressure time, providing experience. Like bringing Kelly on for Calmac at halftime. Frame showed he can be trusted, in the CL, up against very good players. That RB they had was exceptional and when he was LW he gave him a torrid time. But would anyone be surprised if thats the last we ever see of him? A quiz question, think he’s the youngest ever player for us in the CL. I hope not but wouldn’t surprise me either.

We’re apparently still trying to get Vata to nail down his future here, not just him but any promising youngster seeing that…. They’ll be thinking if I get a couple minutes, and do brilliant, it doesn’t matter anyway young players through the ranks here don’t get the chance, even when they get a wee chance and seize it, it doesn’t matter a *.

2. Foley1888

In fairness I think Frame has picked up an injury at the same time. He hasn’t been playing for the b team either or he may have had a go, we will never know.

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Who’s the promising guys in the current crop of guys playing? I’ve not followed any of it since early last season really.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Goggzy60

With it looking more and more likely Rocco is leaving, and that a youth Goalkeeper will be promoted this summer (don’t see us signing 2) who do you all think are ready to be called up to the first team doesn’t necessarily need to be goalkeepers.

Daniel Kelly is already promoted in my mind, Mitchell Frame should be out on loan next season, maybe Matthew Anderson could be an emergency full back and I prefer Josh Clarke over Tobi personally

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We need to pick a club Oliwayemi will actually play games for, 2 years (18 months maybe?) with 2 different teams. Same amount of appearances as loans in that time.

I’d rather him sitting here than on Corks bench. He was really highly rated, by us and England youth setup as well. If we still think that, don’t pick careless loans.

13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    You'd imagine they picked loans they thought he would get games. Cork city he was dropped because he made a couple of howlers in 2 games and then got injured in training I think. Pretty sure he's been injured the whole season this season too.

I can see Clarke being 3rd choice next season. But I think he needs another season on loan to come back and replace Bain. I think to fit hg regs you should have 1 club grown and 1 home grown to keep foreign spaces for foreign players. It's good to see Kelly step up to help the quota.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I was just saying I think Frame is more first team ready than Kelly elsewhere but would like both to go on loan to top flight clubs..

There's no reason Kelly and Frame wouldn't get first team football for a County, Dundee or United when they come up....even a Motherwell. None whatsoever..

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Goggzy60

As soon as any of them turn 19 they should be out on loan or pushing for first team football here.

McChiellini.. likes this.