1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

Van Dijk called Kelleher a good boy in his post match interview on the park. I have never been so offended in all my days

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's a fact of English that many people use "girl" to refer to * women in a way that they would rarely use "boy" to refer to an * man. Whether that makes English sexist or not is a debate for HP&R, but it doesn't mean people following the speech patterns they grew up with are being sexist. "Boy" also has obvious racist baggage when addressing an * man.

To my ears, "good woman" sounds even more likely to be sexist than "good girl". It gives me the image of the king talking to a servant girl.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Who called it a debate :giggle1: there’s zero debate. If you’d read my post on the matter you’d see that.

Speak when spoken to. Good boy.

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's why I put the word 'debate' in inverted commas Einstein :giggle1:

'Speak when spoken to', from the guy that jumps on a light-hearted wind up post that has nothing to do with him. You are * superb mate :50:

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Good girl is creepy more than anything. If I heard someone saying it I’d cringe. Good woman doesn’t sound right, the right
    move is just don’t say anything condescending.

Boy is also condescending as *. But comparing good man to good girl is naive, because they are not equal.

It’s a nothing statement, just a bit of cheek since he was getting it tight. Like I said if you want to treat someone like a *, expect to be treated the same way.

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sean can you use your own account to post please mate? Jut getting a bit confusing here, cheers x

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Light-hearted wind up post, you were * greeting the last time he mentioned your name and now you claim you’re having a laugh with him :giggle1: get a * hobby, you’re a proper loser.

8. FrankMcCallum

He obviously said it to put her in her place and deliberately be condescending, and good on him.

She’s a provocative, two bit “journalist”, full of her own self importance, that works for an anti Celtic radio show on behalf of a scumbag organisation.

It was a bit of a back handed insult but it’s hardly sexist. Would he be sexist towards all men if he was condescending towards a male journalist that was provoking him?

People just love being offended.

I would urge people to listen to the entire podcast to get a flavour of what BBC employees think about Celtic.

Two Hun * in Craigan and McIntyre batting anti Celtic rhetoric between each other, having a jolly old time. Proclaiming we’ve not been under pressure in 13 years, and taking the * out of Rodgers.

* in the ‘media’ that think they are the bastion of morality and a pillar of society need taken down a peg or two.

Should’ve called her a Hun * and dropped the mic.

JML67, telle, neilly1987 and 12 others like this.
  9. Sgt Neppers*

It's almost every game now, but we seem to play * for 1 half. Puts so much pressure on 1 45min of football.

Story of the teams season. Inconsistent. Gotta sort this ASAP.

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Hopefully not but its getting that way. * embarassing being alive these days when you have to deal with all these idiots. You could get offended by a bullet in your * face before you've had a chance to think about it. Thats what previous generations have had to deal with and thats no * gong down poppyfest road. My great-granda's brother got shot by the British for trying to free Ireland. In that day and age you were lucky to have food in your belly and air in your lungs and the world didnt stop for people to be offended or not

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

oh my *

12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was I? Was this the time I gave an opinion in reply to a guy about the Sopranos and Sean jumped in as if I'd volleyed his dog?

Your attempted slaggings are almost as bad as your master's are mate, at least try and make sure they don't apply to yourself first before you try put them on some other * :50:

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I often say tae my neighbours dug ................there's a good girl ! :BR1:

Creativecelt, neilly1987 and MacEwan like this.
  14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It sounded a bit cheeky and not meant offensively when he said in my opinion, but the problem is he shouldn’t have used those words at all because they have many connotations. Even in here, people have said it can be sexist, disrespectful, creepy, etc. and not a good look for a respected Celtic manager.

If a male reporter was digging for more (and it’s there job to dig for more, especially with his comment, and I hate the reporter industry in general) and he replied saying “good boy”, the reporter would 100% be mad and pull it up. It’s disrespectful.

To call people “woke” or “snowflakes” for calling out something that is inappropriate says a lot about people to me. The world has moved on from the backwards attitudes some people here seem to have.

15. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Brodgers lied about one of the Lisbon Lions, why does anyone like him?

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s not an attempted slagging, it’s the truth. You’re an internet troll. Nothing more, nothing less.

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Well, as I keep saying, it depends how it was meant. I do agree that "Good girl" definitely has the potential to be creepy and condescending in a way that "good man" probably doesn't; but it can also be used legitimately. I'm not saing they're equal; I'm saying something subtler: as you say, "good woman" doesn't sound right, so for the kind of people who like to say "good man", there isn't really an alternative to "good girl" if you're talking to a female. Equally, I don't deny that it can be sexist sometimes. Intention is everything IMO.

In context, I think it was probably meant to be condescending; but whether the sentiment behind it was creepy and/or sexist I think only Rodgers knows (or maybe also people who know him well).

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He agrees with me.... I mean she, I wasn't saying * is male.... I mean he/she... they. They agree with me. *, I mean. :oops:

19. FrankMcCallum

In what universe was it inappropriate?

Does retaliatory condescension now count as inappropriate?

She was being a provocative, disingenuous cow, and got a condescending comment back in return.

telle and neilly1987 like this.
  20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Doesn't mean you need to get upset about it mate, all you're doing is showing weakness getting wound up over Internet * that doesn't affect you one iota. It's really embarrassing for you bud.