1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic plc Interim Report

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Feb 23, 2024.

Discuss Celtic plc Interim Report in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johnston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The album is probably from the 80's, as the players values are more to his liking.

Can no one on the board see that he is costing us money?

Gambling with next season's Champions League money should be a sackable offence in itself. But by not investing in the summer, like most clubs do, he's chucked doing anything in Europe as soon as he gets the season ticket money. Does he not get that the better we do in Europe, the more the squad's value will go up, therefore bringing in more money on transfers?

2. wulliebad

:76::76::76::76:.

Get *.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Wonder if they'll give us a revised figure when O'Riley and Abada are sold

Peej likes this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This has the least fanfare about I’ve seen in years from the club, they know what the fans think of it, it’s rubbing it in our face what’s the most important thing to the detriment of what we actually are all there for.

Gaining more and more off the pitch, going backwards and deteriorating on it.

The former can do something about the latter.

and it’s intentionally not been.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Even Celtic hate Celtic, going by parts of that

6. themouth1888

Absolute nonsense all of this. Yet people will still dig deep come season ticket renewal time.

Need a walk out organised or something that will grab headlines and shame those charlatans.

Artorias likes this.
  7. henriks tongue

Board disappointed with something the board are directly responsible for.
    They have been hoarding cash and paying themselves bonuses for doing it for the last 6+ windows.

Profits up since summer but money in bank down? Did they get Trumps accountant in to do the numbers?

Rogers now trying take 'share' some of blame when he clearly stated last August 'he coaches what he's given' - absolute sycophant of a man.

Shambles, time for change.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hes like a basic tory, easy lazy money. Don't risk a single penny for more, if the gravy train you are already on is suffice enough.

It's not hard either.

If the club invest properly in the squad - the right players, the right manager, the fans further back the club more and more.
    Our funding pushes their revenues up.
    The more happier the fans are, the more we see positivity from the club, the more fans want to buy in - waiting list increases.

The more money we get, the more we can invest.
    We invest more in the squad, we get better players, better players means better performances on the park. Better performances tend to get better results in bigger games (Europe), meaning, more money.

More results in Europe makes the team look good (because they are good), meaning the value of players we look to sell goes up.

More exposure in Europe and more player sale values of note, means other players are looked upon better. Squad/fringe players in a talented squad (rather than a talented player in a squad full of squad/fringe players), start to increase their value as they gain experience at a higher level and are seen to be capable at such level. Thus value of our youth players can increase.

Player values increase, means more money.

We sell on talented players and put in winning performances in Europe, fans are happier, we spend more money.

The circle goes round and round.

They, so how, don't see this.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Likely not.

Wonder if anyone smart enough to hawk through the last ten years would be able to pull out the difference in this value from all the players sales before the eventual contracts ran out - specifically on ones like these, where they double count it.

10. JamesM09

I don’t think an organised walk out will be needed to be honest. People won’t keep buying tickets to watch the awful football being served up.

Another year of Rodgers will finish people off.

11. Foley1888

See that statement about unavailability of targets, logically I cannot process that.

Say you know you need a left back and you want said player. His club won’t sell him. You are in a title race your only senior left back that is trusted is injured, so you are playing a liability.

Regardless if your main target is not available or not you don’t just say oh we can’t get player A so it’s nothing you go get player B if he’s not available it’s C surely?

I get if you are 10 points clear bang in form you may take a call weighing everything up we will wait for player A or even do a deal to secure them for the summer. However we are not in that position and having a proper left back could be the difference between winning the title or not.

That applies across the team. In addition, going into the window you need to have done your homework and know if your target is available or not. Don’t wait until January, if they are not available they shouldn’t even be on your target list.

Basically as excuses go that one is pathetic and doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. It’s negligence of the highest order.

12. JamesM09

I think they probably agree with you Peej but they know they aren’t capable of implementing it and they won’t relinquish a modicum of control by bringing in the people who can implement it.

We come across extremely tinpot. I genuinely think clubs were laughing at us in the way we were scrambling about begging for a LB.

The ridiculousness of us as a serious club with money sending out emails asking EPL clubs for their LBs on loan on the final days of the January window just hit a bit differently this time.

NakamuraTastic and Peej like this.
  13. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Quite simply don't have serious, professional people on our recruitment team there on merit. 95% of our problems stem from there.

14. JamesM09

I think the thing that makes us look the most tinpot tbh.

This whole gaslighting myth that there is only one ideal target and it’s up to the gods whether you get them so if you miss them it’s a kinda hard luck thing.

Then people come on here and defend it like it’s the way it has to be.

There’s a huge market for footballers out there at every level and every cost point. How could anyone be so stupid to believe there is one or maybe two suitable left backs available to us? It’s obviously bullshit.

Let’s just entertain the idea that maybe the accountant, his son and the lawyer running the club might just not be the absolute best people to run the club and that’s why things aren’t as good as they could be?

NakamuraTastic and Foley1888 like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    These last few months, the stories are more and more about how * poor we are to deal with as a club

I fully believe not many clubs care to deal with us any more, not in any friendly and easy manner at least.

We've burnt too many other clubs, agents and the likes in the past.

Be it with slow responses, multiple different people replying at different times, leaving players on hold, in car parks, were just terrible to work with I imagine.

It's no wonder we find someone like Dudu Dasan (?) And cling on for as long as we could.
    Or now Benfica to see how long we can milk that link for.

JamesM09 likes this.
  16. Foley1888

Abada it won’t but if we sell O’Riley before 30th of June for big money then they will likely have to. Much like the Jota sale as it will say there has been a material change to our financial situation.

As things stand just now we will likely have a post tax profit of about £7-8m with the OPEX being £15-18m in profit pre tax.

If we sold O’Riley for £20m, that would significantly change those figures as we only paid £1.5m for him and will have amortised about half that by that point so profit on player sale would be over £19m and takes that pre tax profit back up into the region of £35m so a material change.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mark lawwell, literally struggling to name a single other person in the recruitment department.

Same goes for scouting, can name 2-3 "senior" staff, couldn't name a single other that should be doing some work.

18. JamesM09

That’s the impression I get too, to be honest.

I got the impression with the Eddie Howe Matty Targett thing he was laughing because we had seriously made an enquiry to loan an injured player. That whole thing was weird.

This being a few days after the bizarre Owen Beck situation where Klopp needlessly played him while we were apparently asking for him..

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The klopp beck thing screamed of Liverpool doing that to * us over.

Wouldn't blame them with how the Phillips loan went anyway, but I imagine we probably also acted bit part and * as * about it all anyway, so a quick "* you, we will make it so he can't play at all for you".

I always get it confused, but what was the position we tried to fill a few years ago by hiring a recruitment firm to find someone for us, but it ended up being the position Gordon Strachan filled for 3 months?

Not sure it's the Strachan position or not, but remember laughing that they hired an external firm to make themselves look good and eventually the position was handed to Strachan on a short term basis - like really, the best a recruitment firm could come up with, was a guy on our doorstep all along? Suuurrrreeee

NakamuraTastic and JamesM09 like this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lawell the glorified accountant is more creative than spielberg when it comes to balance sheets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.