1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    There were no rapes,none whatsoever
    Israeli media were the first to debunk those claims

The only people repeating those lies at this stage are irredeemable filth that are trying to excuse the mass murder of kids

2. Pogues

You know this how? Or you just guessing.

3. henriks tongue

Can admin temporarily lock or control this thread please?
    It's pure poison and frankly, embarrasses this forum and our club.

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

agreed

5. ddub11

The way i see it is if hes unhappy with things or our supporters opinions on the whole isreal situation then he should ask to be allowed to leave,its that simple.

We are what we are and wont be changing because a players doesnt like it.

Does he really think everybody has to have the same believes he has.

6. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Calm down mate, she does look like the Predator

Cena, Mr Shelby, connerm57 and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Thread reopened.

If people continue to discuss matters that don't relate to his footballing ability and principally his inability to beat a full back then there will be grim consequences. Evil consequences none of you can yet comprehend.

If there's a desperation to discuss the politics that surrounds him I'm pretty sure there's a thread in history and politics that is more suited. If not, feel free to make one in there. To be clear, not stopping you airing your feelings.

However, some of the comments in here have been way OTT and a bit mental tbh when you consider we are discussing a young football player who's served us well and will no doubt be feeling a bit odd at the moment himself. Some comments have been removed and if similar comments return these will also be removed and the poster sent on a wee hoaliday.

Cheers.

8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Skegness sounds good this time of year

:fear:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

"Inability to beat a fullback"

:56: yes.

Play him as a 2nd striker he's not a winger.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  10. KuhntryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Matt O'Riley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're on the road again
    Well said. Obviously other things that are going on maybe affecting him, but perhaps being able to throw himself into football might help him not to dwell on these other things.

I would be happy to see him start against Killie, even if that was based on helping his mental health rather than on his current form.

We all know he has the ability, let's get behind him and help him to make the most of that ability for our benefit.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Everybody has been behind him and tbqh I don't think starting the guy to help his "mental health" is something we should be considering with a 13 game shootout in front of us.

He either knuckles down or he can sit in the stand until the summer.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, we can't afford to have anyone who isn't 100% committed, just now..

He's likely played his last game for us.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  13. KuhntryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Matt O'Riley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're on the road again
    We have 5 subs and at least 90 min. None of our wingers could be described as nailed on starters. If we put our confidence in him, he might repay it. If not hook him.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Some of the stuff written here is genuinely pathetic. Accusations that the guy is trying to use the massacre and ongoing situation in Gaza to his professional advantage are scummy.

You’re looking at a young guy plying his grade in an incredible testing situation. Prior to the current phase of the conflict in Gaza, you were looking at a guy who performed, looked delighted to be here, always tried his best, scored important goals, and had no shortage of talent.

Said it before, but football fans have a bizarre notion of loyalty. It extends to the club, but very rarely the players, yet we expect a massive degree of loyalty in return.

The guys time here is likely over, but he’s a player who I’ll remember fondly and hope he does well elsewhere.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Think what Rodgers has said would make sense.

Clear that he isn't in the right frame of mind to play football which is a * shame tbh as he could still have contributed.

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Should been offered to teams where window is open if only to keep him playing. Clearly finished here, value has plummeted. But will say it again Israel have went full north Korea with the lad.

18. KuhntryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Matt O'Riley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're on the road again
    If the best we can do for the guy is show him the door, then it should have been done earlier.
    The fact that it wasn't reflects badly on us.

Given that we now appear to have a challenge on the pitch, we don't need this * circus off the pitch.

Just * sort it, one way or another.

19. Foley1888

See removing the personal part about Abada which will have been known by the club in January, this again reeks of negligence by the club and/ or his agency.

It’s a player who would be in the match day squad and is basically not going to play for the club or is incapable of doing so. He had a monetary value to the club but will now likely sit out the rest of the season and his value will erode. Why the club and players agency haven’t worked out a move to have him out playing somewhere is beyond me. Even if it had been a loan it would have held some of his value rather than this.

Blochairnbhoy and stevoEOS like this.
  20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has promised his support to Israeli winger Liel Abada during his absence from the first team, saying that the player’s concerns for his family during the ongoing conflict in the Middle East are far more important than football.

The international winger hasn’t played a full 90 minutes since returning from injury in December and was left out of the squad for the cup clash with St Mirren last week, with Rodgers explaining he was not in the right frame of mind to play.

Abada was given time off to “clear his mind” and though he was back in training on Friday, Rodgers said the situation hadn’t changed.

The Celtic boss couldn’t put a date on the player’s return to action but said: “When he’s ready, if he ever is ready, then he’ll be able to give us everything”.

Pressed on whether that meant the club would have to look at a replacement for the 22-year-old, Rodgers replied: “It’s a possibility. We’ll see but we’ll work together on it”.

The manager said that he was continuing to talk with Abada regularly and that football had to take a back seat as the player dealt with the impact of Israel’s conflict with Hamas and the situation in Gaza.

“It’s still the same situation,” Rodgers said. “I’ve had lots of conversations with Liel and I’m really empathetic towards the issue that he has.

“It’s more than football. It’s at a human level and I have to respect that.

“But he’s training and he’s working away but this period is all about the mind and if you’re not quite right or ready then firstly I can’t take any risk with him. I’ll always support. And obviously I have to protect the squad as well. It’s ongoing and we’ll just assess it.

“I take a great responsibility for his care. That’s why we’re here. My job isn’t just to look after him as a football manager, he’s a young guy of 22, far, far away from home.

“People can talk about what’s going on there but this is the reality for him. It’s his life. Every single day and night. His family’s in a war so it’s a really tough situation for him.

It’s my job, like I’ve done with numbers of players before, to just take the human aspect and look after him.”

Rodgers admitted that he hadn’t had to deal with a situation like it before in football but that it was important to put the game in perspective.

“Family’s more than football,” he said. “That’s ultimately where it’s at.

“This is family and life and while this is an incredible profession and a great job, it’s not more important than life.”

Abada joined Celtic from Maccabi Petah Tikva in 2021 and quickly established himself as an important and talented first team player.

The winger has 29 goals and 22 assists from 112 appearances and signed a new contract last year that runs until 2027.

“He’s a young guy who has done great for this club,” Rodgers said. “It’s the sadness of it, where he re-signed for us because he had that great belief that he could go on and develop.

Then he had a period out with injury, which was a shame. And now having come back, he’s found it a real challenge.

“But I’m here for him and to support him and everything else is secondary to that.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.