1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Slippyfist

Coming from an absolute muppet who said this...

"but his end product is quality".

Specsavers for you pal!

2. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Hey if rangers can let a Catholic go to mass on Sunday then so can we!

neilly1987 and martin_d like this.
  3. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    His end product is quality for a winger, and by end product, I mean real end product: goals and assists. Everyone's moaning about our defence this season, but we simply haven't been scoring enough goals.

For a winger having almost 1 goal contribution every 2 games is quality. Especially considering his age and that he's done it at big moments in big games.

Here's the video again that someone else posted.

I don't think your blind btw, I think your either just a troll or you've got an agenda you want to push.

Screenshot_20240209-113849.png
    Screenshot_20240209-113919.png

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Highlight reels are deceiving. They never tell you the full story.

5. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The why I included the stats too. When people are trying.to argue his end product is poor.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

I genuinely have no agenda regarding him being Isreali.

But what I do know is that he's one of if not THE worst wingers at the club, despite whatever your perverted stats may say.

And btw, he's not even a winger....

7. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'Perverted' that's rich coming from a clown calling himself 'Mr. Slippyfist'. :101:

8. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

He's not a winger. His dribbling is pretty terrible. Fine arriving late in the box and running in behind but always think he lacks the nuance to dribble by someone.

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

WHILE Brendan Rodgers and the rest of his players stayed on the pitch to salute the travelling fans after full-time at Easter Road on Wednesday night, Liel Abada had already made his way back into the dressing room.

The Israeli’s reluctance to engage in the celebrations was an indication of how difficult he is finding it to function normally and effectively at Celtic amid the backdrop of his country’s conflict in Gaza.

Abada has faced pressure from his homeland to quit the club in light of the pro-Palestinian stance of a significant section of the Scottish champions’ support.

Celtic resisted potential loan moves for the 22-year-old during the January transfer window, with Rodgers still hopeful the player can assist his pursuit of silverware in the second half of the season.

The Celtic manager accepts that Abada’s form has been adversely impacted by the situation but remains determined to help him rediscover the levels which made him such an influential contributor under predecessor Ange Postecoglou.

‘It’s been a challenge for Liel with everything that has gone on off the pitch,’ said Rodgers. ‘He’s well supported, he’s well loved here, but there’s no doubt it’s been a challenge for him.

‘To play football at your best, you have to be in that really positive mindset and in a good headspace. But we will constantly work with him in order to maximise what we can get out of him.

‘I think what we do is just continue to communicate with him. My job is to maximise the potential that he has and, for that, it’s just about making sure he is in the best place possible.

‘I speak a lot to him and he has great support around here. So, yeah, it’s not easy for him at the minute, but we just keep working with him to get the best performance out of him

10. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Shambles of a situation and pretty clear it's affecting his performances.

In all honesty it's probably best just to leave him out the team and move him on in the summer.

With Kuhn, Yang, Maeda and Forrest it's not like we are short of wide options. Short on quality options aye but going off his recent performances Abadas not that either.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  11. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I was excited at the prospect of cashing in on him in the summer and using the inflated fees based on his numbers and potential to secure an upgrade.
    Nothing has really went to plan since then though. I'm sure he could still be effective in the right system but it seems he doesn't want to be here anyway so doesn't make any difference. Should have been loaned or sold in the window.

12. DenverBhoy

The guy has been out for a while and is rusty. He’s by no means a perfect player, but when he’s on form, he’s absolutely valuable. Not a speedster, not going to awe you with stepovers, but he’s an excellent athlete with eye for goal and he just turned 22. When we were pressing like crazy under Ange, he was a huge part of that. I also remember Hart saying in one of those CelticTV interviews that he had the best first touch on the team. Seems crazy that people are ready to punt him based on a few shoddy performances after being out. Then again, what would this place be without overreactions…

88jimmij88 likes this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He'll be gone in the summer so probably best concentrating on players who will be here longer

Sgt Neppers* and NakamuraTastic like this.
  14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He should have been loaned out to whoever wanted him .

Terrible terrible management of the whole situation...keeping a guy who's heads gone.

What's the point ?

NakamuraTastic and Ryanm1984 like this.
  15. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Thats not what it's based at a tho is it?

It's based on the fact he clearly doesn't feel comfortable here and it's having an adverse effect on his performances.

The manager has came out for the 2nd time in a month sayig they are having to support him through the situation.

He's a young guy whos under a ridiculous amount of pressure from those brainwashed, genocidal * back home

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Also his Mrs has * off home and he is now in glasgow himself isolated

17. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    So how about, us fans actually support him, cheer him on and hope he gets his form back so he can help us win the title, and get a big fee when he does leave in the summer.

18. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Would probably make things worse.

The guy is so worried about the reaction back home that he can't even go and celebrate after the game, also noticed he doesn't even applaud the fans when being subbed off anymore either.

I think he probably knows vast majority of fans support him and sympathise with situation he in but he's so worried about backlash back home that he can't show any interaction with our fans whatsoever anymore.

Mentally it can't be doing him any good and we should have probably moved him on for his own sake in janauary but I get why we didn't as it wouldn't be a good look for us

19. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Still believe this guy can recapture his form with our support, he is in an impossible position but there is a good football player in there, unfortunately external pressures will take him to another club in the next transfer window.

20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Yeah crap management from us. He should have been loaned in Jan. Never knew his missus went too, can't be a happy situation for him being alone in a foreign city representing 'the enemy!'

Might just be better leaving him out seeing as the nutters back in Israel will hate him playing for us. We'll be lucky to get 50p for him now. We're so badly run at the moment, it's a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.