1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvalin

I'd argue BR's system is the reason why he's dropped in form. It's a possession-based system that favors technical ability over physicality, hence cannot maximize the effectiveness of pacey players. I mean, it's not just Abada. The same goes for Kyogo, Maeda, Iwata, Johnston. I'd include Bernabei on that list as well. I believe he would have been far more effective under Ange despite his obvious defensive limitations.

In any case, raising awareness about the genocide in Palestine is far more important than winning football matches. If that's why he's underperforming, too bad for him. We shouldn't compromise on what we stand for to make players happy.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s been straight up the tunnel since he came back from injury. Last night wasn’t something new. We obviously tried to get rid in January but couldn’t for whatever reason. You can’t really blame him tbh.

3. Mr Diggler

Obviously doesn't want to be here and will surely be off in the summer. Kuhn was abysmal last night but Abada was even worse. Clearly didn't want to be there and I almost felt like he was actively sabotaging. It is what it is. We could be resorting back to Palma on the left and Maeda on the right at this stage.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Pish yet again when he came on! Can tell he's not interested in being here was glad he didn't start but just wish Kuhn had taken the chance to put in a good performance.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Worst thing is unless he hits form remainder of the season his value has plummeted.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's deliberate his wee bird has * off home too

Mr Shelby likes this.
  7. PaddyJamieson

Aye. I think Ange knew the time to cash in was the summer, hence why all the murmurings were we were going to sell. We've totally missed that chance now, will probably end up losing out on near £10m.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We should have cashed on him when he had a massively over inflated value.

He’s not worth 8 million, I don’t even think he’s worth half that. His stats have padded opinion of what is a * footballer.

Blochairnbhoy and neilly1987 like this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Deffo not wanting to play for us.

Hes done here, I wouldn’t give him another minute if I’m honest give Rocco Vata the game time instead.

10. Sween

It's another baffling bit of logic in keeping the guy here when he clearly doesn't want to be here. Need to stick with Kuhn for a while as poor as he looked yesterday and as bhoy81 says, give Vata a run if need be. Another one who is going to be hanging about for the rest of the season until he gets to go.

Random Review and NakamuraTastic like this.
  11. Sgt Neppers*

Done purposely for a knockdown £500k bid from Hapoel Tel-Aviv. :fear:

12. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    I'm gonna stick up for him a wee bit. In the last 2 games he's gotten himself into an excellent position where an easy pass to him was on and you would bet you house on him to finish it.

In both games the pass never came. Last night it was Idah fannying about on the ball. Can't remember who it was at the weekend.

Abada's all round game has never been great, but his end product is quality. Not much he can do if his team mates fail to play him in when he makes a great run though.

13. leeso-ardoyne

Don't be silly! The reason why he's playing like this is because of the Palestine situation. Think about it logically for a sec. He is standing up for what he believes in(even thou it's wrong IMO) . He's getting all the pro Israeli propaganda about this war. His family, friends and country men and women will look on him.as scum if he preforms for us in a good way. The man has downed tools and that's the bottom line of it. Nothing to do with BR.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Lies.

15. Foley1888

I would genuinely try boost his value up a bit by shipping him out on loan to any market that’s still open he is useless to us playing as he is.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    His finishing for a winger can be decent but his end product is poor.

He's terrible at beating a man and the amount of times he'* it off the man in front of him lately and not even bothered going at him again is insane

Painful to watch. And when you've got Maeda booting it out the park or taking a touch with his Timbies out for a throw in, or Palma slowing thr play down, it's no wonder we aren't scoring.

17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Can we loan him till the MLS and sell him next January?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    Heads gone, hearts not in it, doesn't want to be here. Need to get him out ASAP.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His end product is decent but nothing special. Another player you wouldn’t hang your hat on scoring in a 1v1.

He scored 5 goals in 2023 and got 6 assists.

20. BhoyFitz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song
    Doubt very much that he’s trying to deliberately sabotage anything, but as soon as things kicked off in Palestine he was basically done from our point of view. Can’t see any way back for him, but I’d like if he proved us wrong.

NakamuraTastic and Ryanm1984 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.