1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Rodgers manages to lose a league where we're comfortably the better team of players, more money to strengthen, and after an 11 point lead, then this should be his last job in football. That's how * shocking it is. What a *. He should walk before his careers is over.

2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I wonder what the * is going on at the training ground. We put in a dreadful performance against RC and have a week on the training pitch and guess what, copy and paste against sheep.
    Palma on set pieces, * should be nowhere near them, that corner he took and hit the first mans knee.
    BR just seems content to make no effort to address issues, or is it the deadbeat coaching staff he's been saddled with?
    Surely if he had any balls he would have told them what he required at that transfer window-or I'm walking.
    Just sick to the teeth of his tactics, tippy tappy *, * * scared to get shots from distance off, cant take penalties, corners are just hit and hope for the best or dicking around with the ball at the corner flag.

Lecs, NakamuraTastic and Bangarangura like this.
  3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    When you read it like this it really is brutal.

His payed an absolute fortune and we are struggling to beat teams that's let's face it are absolute * mince, low blocks or not. That managerless Aberdeen team first half were one of the worst teams we'll come up against, second half they probably released we are not that good and had a go.

He's style is simply outdated and it hasn't changed since the last time he was here and by the looks of it he doesn't know how to change it. It's like him and our board are stuck in a * time warp.

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Oh yeah, failure to beat Hibs and it should be the last straw.. Deadly serious

Lecs and NakamuraTastic like this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'm excited to see who we get as a manager next year because I don't see how Rodgers stays even if we win tbh. Probably explains spending * all in January aswel.

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    You're excited... I'm * terrified, we could end up with a nephew or relative of Lawwell or DD they way this club is run. I have zero (and zero is generous)faith this board is capable of doing anything positive or right

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The only time they ever seem to do anything right is when we lose. Lightning never strikes twice though.

8. murphy88

There’s a lot of revisionism about Rodgers first time in charge. You would think we would all have been delighted he left the way some are talking about how we were playing. I seem to recall us all being absolutely gutted though. If his football was that bad why were we devastated he left?

9. murphy88

You wouldn’t know it though. We’ve been outspent in both windows.

NakamuraTastic and honda like this.
  10. murphy88

Kennedy.

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    because he walked mid season, it could have cost us the league. We had a game away to hearts a couple of days later. His points per game post the invincible season wasn't very good.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  12. Mr Diggler

18 months ago we were lining up with:

Hart

Juranovic
    CcV
    Starfelt
    Taylor

McGregor
    Hatate
    O'Reilly

Jota
    Kyogo
    Abada/Maeda

We have since replaced Juranovic with Johnston, Starfelt with Scales, Jota with Palma. Hatate has been long term injured replaced by Bernardo more recently. Kyogo has a shoulder issue that needs surgery. CCV has been injured a lot. Now Taylor is out as well and we have no adequate cover. Say what you want about Rodgers but recruitment has been abysmal. Mark Lawell should not be in the role as he is obviously out of his depth. But daddy got him the job and he will continue to take his huge salary whilst consistently failing as Head of Recruitment.

13. FrankMcCallum

I’ll concede that it’s partly the managers fault when anyone can point me to a player in the wide areas that can beat a man.

Full back, or winger. Give me a shout.

You could have a managerial trio of Guardiola, Bielsa, and Postecoglou in charge of us.

You’ll still get the same insipid pish, unless you can coach O’Riley or Bernardo to dribble past half a team.

Even the shittiest of Celtic teams have had wide players that can isolate full backs. It’s almost like people don’t watch the games.

Our wingers are getting stifled by fellas on less than a grand a week, yet it’s the managers fault. A * miracle he managed to get any points in Europe.

McKagan likes this.
  14. Rogicisgod

Recruiting isnt there because Mark L. But still the footy is a pretty rough watch.

No idea really how gameplan is meant to provide an advantage. Lots of possession that doesn't amount to an end product.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

15. Foley1888

This is it for me it’s easy to say who have we lost from that team but Hatate and CCV have both hardly played this year, Juranovic is gone and Johnston has looked a shadow of himself, Taylor’s form this season has largely been abysmal, Starfelt is gone, Hart is 18 months older and looks far shakier.

McGregor bar a couple of performances has looked slower and poorer than the player of old. Abada and Maeda between them have missed about half a season, no Jota and Kyogo is like a man down most games in this system and we have lost our plan B striker who was a proper big rough and tumble battening ram in Giakoumakis.

The thing that annoys me most is during those 18 months with a bit of decent scouting the number of good players that have made moves to clubs that we could easily compete with in terms of fee and wages and some of the rubbish we have spent money on. Even from the markets we have been looking at.

Even giving the above this is a Rodgers light compared to the first one that came in, he brought a big staff with him the first time around and basically took over everything, somethings for the better and others not so but it was his set up. This time he’s only brought a couple of guys in and largely had to fit in with what was there.

It’s fine saying well Ange did it but at the end of the day they are very different managers/ coaches. Ange came here with a lot to prove in European football and Rodgers didn’t. The two things he has done fine with is beating them twice and putting forward a decent pragmatic approach that made a low talent team not get battered in all our games in Europe and even that probably had more to do with the level of teams we faced, Atletico aside.

McKagan likes this.
  16. murphy88

I would say we were all gutted because he had won every trophy on offer and had us well clear in the league again and in the quarters of the Scottish Cup. I think it was more to do with that than the fact it was mid season.

seanm likes this.
  17. murphy88

Bingo. People would do well to remember this. I’m not saying Rodgers is totally blameless, but this stems from pish poor recruitment and total lack of investment.

seanm likes this.
  18. seanm

Taxi for rodgers and that * rancid tory board.HH

19. FrankMcCallum

Comfortably the better team of players based on what?

We have no wingers or full backs that can beat a man. I mean I can go further with the deficiencies he’s obstructed by, but surely that alone is a key component of any team at youth, *, junior or professional level?

henriks tongue likes this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Yet ange had Taylor being the best left back in the country. He was * brilliant. Abada scored more than any * could have imagined. Kyogo was larsson esque. Johnston was * ace.

But aye we've not got any of those positions and it's no the managers fault they've all turned to *? Common theme. Sack the manager tomorrow and I bet we'd win the next game by 5 goals. * poison.

Lecs, Twisty, Lewis Kerr and 4 others like this.