1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Or get it posted

DonnyCelt likes this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

Rodgers arrived here this morning and he’s not skiing, he did not go home after the game.
    Left Celtic Park last night absolutely fuming and got first flight out to this place, according to John Paul Taylor and Anton Rodgers, who both believe he is offering his resignation to Dermot Desmond, after the Board have refused to back him and he now see’s it as make or break for his entire career.
    The condition of Celtic Park surface and Peter Lawwell actively involved in refusing to fund ground works last summer due to costs, is the final straw, as it is now an embarrassment to the Club and adversely affecting how Celtic play.
    Desmond asked him to do him the favour and return to pay him handsomely but like Klopp, Rodgers felt he needed a break but was convinced into returning for the benefit of the Club after Peter Lawwell had left an upgraded contract till too late to Offer, as several Clubs had already offered far more and control of football matters, unlike Celtic PLC - Peter Lawwell Company
    Mark Lawwell is a growing problem as he has fallen out with the manager after zoom calling him drunk regarding a transfer of Owen Beck, which Mark Lawwell had mistakenly forgotten to contact Liverpool regarding Beck’s transfer, so Klopp played him as he felt disrespected over that and the Philips deal
    So its now coming from other clubs and sources close to the manager and club that Celtic and particularly the Club’s Manager and Lawwell’s have fallen out and that is why Desmond is meeting Rodgers for breakfast and some fresh mountain air
    Either you back the manager or he will wrap it and probably not be back for a while after his current track of awful football and progression is so bad.
    I have no idea why Desmond runs Celtic so badly, perhaps he is corrupted like Lawwell or just likes to see the Stadium empty and the support unhappy.
    The Manager certainly is and everyone got it yesterday and every bit of booing was deserved because no one at Celtic FC is doing their job correctly and there is no Leader at the Club
    Only carpetbaggers and guys that are done or never have beens
    Thats the worst forward line av ever seen yesterday and its a collective failure of extreme cowardice
    I hope Rodgers does resign but this time tell the truth and dont be a coward and make money your * this time
    FTH
    https://uk.j2ski.com/ski_hotels/Switzerland/Nendaz/Cordee_4_Spa_Access_Mer_Glace_Complex.html

cidermaster and DonnyCelt like this.
  3. Damnati

You can tell it's nonsense when every perceived problem is addressed and tied together nicely in one message.

4. jambo_cfc

Yeah I was one that Rodger’s had to win over and tbf he did with some European performances and the way he spoke but I think the board have * him over ! Think they went for high class manager to improve a squad rather than making signings , anges players where never going to suit Rodger’s so he needed his own signings which he had not got !

Peej and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Christ, we're so close to just having Kuhn as the only arrival.

6. FrankMcCallum

It’s not really defeatist talk, more just evaluating the situation for what it is.

I couldn’t care less what the MSM or the Huns think either. I care about how my club conduct their business.

I still think we’ll win the league but beating a *, skint Rangers team by a point or two isn’t and shouldn’t be the be all and end all for our ambitions as a club.

Hammy89 and NomDePlum like this.
  7. Big C

Unless you’re Lawwell!!! He said years ago “we need a strong rangers!!!” Or words to that effect.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Yeah i thought we would've got our business done early tbh, but yet again it will go to the wire, i'm still hopeful though.

If we don't sign anyone else i will make sure i don't log in. :67:

Hammy89 likes this.
  9. Maestro 08

:56:are people actually believing that.

10. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't get me wrong, not shooting the messenger here cus I know you are just forwarding this on.

Everything in that looks ridiculous though. If it's true things behind the scenes are far worse than anything we could have feared - though I think this is total horseshit

11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Sure if you pop over to FF there will be plenty of takers.

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    the scary thing is some of it is believable I’m not saying it is true far from it but wouldn’t surprise me if parts of it are factual

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Like all rumours there's likely an element of truth in there somewhere. BR can't be happy with the current situation. Even a blind man can see that they're not backing him or the fans. If any of it's true the Lawells need hounding out

Hammy89 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Why on earth would Rodgers return without assurances that he would be backed, it just dosen't add up ?

Big C likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah I'm sort of thinking there is truth somewhere between Rodgers doing * all and Rodgers * off to Spain(?) At a skii resort to resign.

Very well could have went there, very well could be with Desmond.
    But doubtful on the resigning stage currently and the added mark Lawwell drunk zoom calls.

I'm thinking more that he's went out there to talk with Desmond with clear air and no meddling from others.
    It's clear Rodgers is a Desmond signing as a manager, so he's likely been assured by Desmond before signing last year and is now speaking with him to get him to sort Lawwell nonsense out (the pair of them).
    Think more "Dermot, this is the same * as last time, you need to get these two sorted and get me some signings in pronto this window. Or I'll be gone end of season. There's gonna be a merry go round in the EPL with Klopp going and I'm keeping my hand in that mix"

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Jeannie960 likes this.
  16. Big C

That’s what’s so strange. Makes no sense. We all thought he’d be backed and therefore give us a chance to get out the group in Europe but instead he wasn’t backed and we were embarrassed. Now we have a title race we still don’t back him..

Mystic Penguin and The Prof like this.
  17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Hmm not sure what to make of this.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Aye mate it's a strange one, no doubt things will unfold one way or another, there has to be clarity about the situation.

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. Big C

As has been said, no smoke without fire.

20. Sgt Neppers*

Regardless of opinions on either end of the spectrum regarding the Desmonds, Lawells, and other board members, a change is imperative.

We require owners and a CEO with sensible and realistic ambitions to propel the club forward.

A comprehensive modernisation of off-field aspects, including scouting, transfers, and the B team pathway, is essential. The first step should involve appointing a Director of Football, prioritising the club's progress over personal financial considerations

The Desmonds and Lawells were good for the naughties. Out of touch for the here and now.