1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

His set up and tactics are looking very outdated now.

James Mc and JamesM09 like this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers insists he's heard it all before after a section of Celtic fans booed his side off the park following their 1-0 win over Ross County.

Some supporters were frustrated with the quality on display at Parkhead as Alistair Johnston's early deflected strike was the only goal of the game as they squeezed past the Staggies on a sticky day in Glasgow. The manager accepted the reaction but says the squad and the management staff continue to do everything they can to ensure three points on the board no matter how they've played.

I've had that since I've been here," he said on the jeers at full-time. "If it's not the result, it's me. If it's not me, the board. So all we can do as a team is win games and try to improve, develop and win. That's what the team have done.

The team, staff work hard every day so we're very much together and that's what we'll continue. If it falls below expectation we'll do everything we can to be better."

3. TheHappyLoss

If he’s not our manager next season I will be quite happy

James Mc and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  4. Foley1888

See for me I can’t make my mind up whether he just hasn’t got it anymore, like time has passed him by or like how half the team are playing can’t be bothered unless it’s a game against them or the likes.

Possibly the later came back thinking this would be a stroll, it was against Beale. They put a few results together and we zone out.

Sween and Wllm like this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

He's a very unlikable character the way he's going about things is weird to say the least

6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    "If it's not the result, it's me. If it's not me, the board"

Away and * yourself. Fans pay your * salary, and the rat * boards' too.

Park your * obtuse bullshit and own up that clinging on for dear life against Ross * county IS falling below expectations, not IF.

Clown

KRS-1888 and McChiellini.. like this.
  7. celtic20

Just * off Rodgers.

Coming out in the summer and telling us not to worry because the priority positions we missed out on will be sorted in January.

Then in the build-up you try to get us even more excited by talking about the need for 4 new players. Which was clearly to try and get the fans behind you after a * defeat against Kilmarnock.

Now come the end of the window you're pretty much telling us we'll be doing * all business unless it's desperate last-minute pish.

Sick of being lied to by these * managers.

Lewis Kerr and Morcombe like this.
  8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Will be off at the end of the season.

I’d be surprised if there have been any boos directed at him specifically this season but might be wrong.

I’ve been one of his biggest defenders on here but he’s not doing enough to get the fans back on side

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye I didn't like those comments at all..

Wee * should pipe down..

10. Sween

Was discussing the same thing earlier with someone. when derby games come along he puffs out his chest and gets a bit of buzz and swagger about him and the team. He clearly enjoys it and he takes pride in those wins. But most weeks he seems flat. In his presser a couple of days ago he sounded utterly resigned to getting what he gets players wise with no input or direction. And no positive energy or anger or anything really. Same after the game today. Doesn't feel right.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  11. JamesM09

I didn’t realise he’d said that.

He can get to * if that’s his attitude as far as I’m concerned. Sounds exactly like Lennon.

His football is * dire to watch. I’ll boo you every time you overpaid *.

12. celtic20

Could you honestly have imagined Ange Postecoglou coming out during his Celtic days saying "Awk they've been booing since I arrived. If it's not me it's the board".

The absolute arrogance of that. Never mind the total downgrade as a manager, we've downgraded as fun when it comes to the personality of the manager.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  13. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Can't wait for a 2024 of watching Brendan's Celtic and Neil Lennon's Ireland. * my life.

ThatBhoyLarsson and JamesM09 like this.
  14. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I cannot stand this guy as a manager.

The sooner he * off, the better. Gies Deila back.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    "if its not me its the board"....so he's sticking up for a board who if failing badly to give him the players he needs to win the League. Very strange and very worrying comment.

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Extremely disappointed with they comments. Really irked me.

Why is everything about this club starting to seriously * me off.

17. James Mc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Performances have been flat since he came back, would be delighted to see the back of him.

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I dont think its outdated, i just dont think he has an alternative

19. themouth1888

Wouldn't be bothered if he left or not. Wouldn't really blame him either with the transfer shambles.

Only thing is what half decent manager is looking into our embarrassing transfer business and is thinking I would love a bit of that? Nobody that's who.

20. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    He has us playing too slowly. I didn't want him back but will always support the team and whoever manages us. He showed a lil disrespect to the boos, we were booing the performance and the way the team went about it today. We need succinct fast play it's what we do. This slow play out wide then back then out wide then back does nothing for me. We had so many chances hitting the ball to goal from the middle today yet it still went out wide . Have a shot ffs 15 yards out and In the middle of the park.. just shoot ffs. I hope we have new manager soon but until he is gone we need to get behind him and get the team over the line this season. And as I say we will still beat they * to it