1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

The persisting with Mike Johnston is bizarre

greengrocer and thailandceltic like this.
  2. Denzel Alonso

Ahead of vata

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Genuinely ahead of anybody. I'd rather see Hoopy on the wing

4. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He should be * ashamed of himself. Any celtic manager serving up that absolute garbage shouldn't be in the job.

Have backed him since he came back but that was the final straw.

He's a shadow of the man who won the 1st 2 titles here

johnfife1959, Wllm, Mickmac and 3 others like this.
  5. Denzel Alonso

Bang on

You will upset the happy clappers

johnfife1959 likes this.
  6. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Bringing MJ on will do nothing to convince Vata that he will get opportunity here.

TheHappyLoss and Ryanm1984 like this.
  7. Darksel

Only reason he's still in a job is because he knows exactly how to beat Rangers.

Once that stops happening he'll be gone.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

well, if they win at Ibrox the next game - he can get to *!

Darksel likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Something is seriously wrong..

10. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We're all disappointed at the lack of signings but no-one can claim our 1st 11 and squad today aren't far superior to Ross County's so why aren't we winning this game comfortably. It can only be the manager - whether it's tactics or not having the players up for the game.
    After the Hearts game I thought we played a lot better against Livie, Dundee, the huns and St Mirren and thought we'd turned a corner but there have been too many performances like today's.
    I'm not saying he should be sacked (yet) but he can't be absolved from blame just because we haven't made signings - he still has the best players in the league.
    His tactics seem fine when playing a team who come out and attack us like in Europe and the huns but when playing a team sitting in they're hopeless. Either that or he can't get the players to do what he's telling them.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, and it starts with Brendan and ends with Rodgers.

Regardless if there are no further ins and outs, there is zero excuse for the utter dug * fitba on show, other than this fraud has zero clue.

johnfife1959 and Twisty like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There's no excuses for today and some of what's been dished up this season but I cannot for the life of me work out why he came back for literally no backing over 2 windows. Especially when you see the state of our first 11, lack of depth and being in a title race..

13. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

The slow, pedestrian, eye-bleedingly poor football is absolutely on him. He has more than enough at his disposal to wipe the floor with most teams in this league playing a brand of football that isn’t just boring side to side and walk it in.

He should have been backed in the transfer market but that doesn’t excuse the utter * we’ve had to watch all season.

The only thing I’ll excuse him for is the CL.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers insists he has "no answers" on whether Celtic will conduct anymore business before the transfer window closes.

The Scottish champions ran out 1-0 winners against Ross County at Parkhead thanks to deflected strike in the first minute from Alistair Johnston.

And while the 50-year-old feels like his side can play better, he reckons Luis Palma missing two penalties, one of which was retaken due to an infringement in the box, disrupted the home team's momentum.

Speaking BBC Sportsound, he said: "It was a good result. I think those games can sometimes be stuffy and we made it more difficult with the penalties.

"We had a great start in the game by going in front so early and should be kicking on from there.

"We then get the penalties and I think the misses took a bit out of the crowd and maybe the team, but it was then more frustrating, and we did not play with the tempo we wanted to.

"In any game if you are a goal up going into those final moments then there can be a bit of anxiety, but the players managed it well as Joe [Hart] only had one save to make late on and we closed the game out.

"We obviously want to do better with the ball and the opportunities we had but it is also a game to try and win with the pitch being as difficult as it is.

"That took the speed out of the game a little bit." You are never going to be perfect in every game, I think the players gave everything and everyone hopefully came through it."

Celtic captain Callum McGregor made his 450th appearance for the hosts against Derek Adams' men and Rodgers had nothing but good things to say about the Scotland international.

He even went as far to say that the midfielder could have played in "any" of the teams he had managed in England.

"It is incredible at a club like this and with the expectations, it is remarkable really," he continued. He deserves all the applause that comes with that because seeing what he did for me the first time and how he has developed and grown... I am really lucky to have him here.

"He is a brilliant player and could have graced any top team in any league, I genuinely believe that.

"I managed in the Premier League, which is deemed to be the best league in the world, and he could have played in any of those teams, but he wants to be at Celtic.

"450 games for a young guy through the academy is remarkable."

With less than a week left of the January window, the Northern Irishman also remained coy over whether Celtic would be conducting more business.

The Parkhead club have signed winger Nicolas Kuhn from Rapid Vienna already but speculation continues over the possibility of Rodgers adding another left-back to his squad in the absence of Greg Taylor.

He added: "Unless I am a mind reader and can read what people are thinking or doing while I am concentrating on a game, I have no answers for you."

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Absolute *.

Rodgers, not you x

johnfife1959 likes this.
  16. JamesM09

I’m not arguing against this, he should be doing better.

But the way players work is you need to have credible competition in the squad or the standards start to drop.

If you look at Palma smirking as he missed the penalty today, then arrogantly trying the same spot twice, that’s a player that knows his position is safe because the next best thing is Mikey Johnston.

I’m not try to bash Palma here. I like him, he’s a good player, but this problem exists across the squad. No one is really afraid they’ll lost their place. There’s a bit of competition in midfield but not enough to cover injuries.

17. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Issues at pretty much every level of the club but performances like that are entirely down to him.

Absolutely * all style or game plan from what I can see.

18. Sgt Neppers*

He doesn't have the players to play his style...so why he wants to persist with it, is baffling.

It's clearly not working so he needs to adapt. Refusal to do so will cost us the league.

Patience is wearing thin as this isn't just a one off either.

johnfife1959 likes this.
  19. Martybhoy53

Asked about the tempo and the arrogant * says ”no”.

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Can’t * stand him. Honestly he’s a * robot.