1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Kuhn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Jan 1, 2024.

Discuss Nicolas Kuhn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    * me I was wrecking my brain trying to work out how I knew the name.

Pearse67* likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Spot on..

No guarantees but he's the kinda player that I can see doing well for us..

We don't have another winger like him either..

Very optimistic he'll do well. Only slight concern is injuries..

An astute signing given his pedigree, price and the fact he's just starting to hit form at a great age..

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    That's sky sports opinion of Scottish football when they think the agent is the lad signing for the club

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

4. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I will forever think he's called Kuhn when his actual name is Kühn thanks to you English speakers * up the Umlaut :giggle1:

And it actually matters! Because his real name means courageous and I take that as a good sign that he'll be a success :biggrin: Leave the Umlaut away and he becomes a fail :giggle1:

5. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    100%. Been crying out for this under Rodgers. Excited at the prospect of finally, finally getting a decent left-footed RW for precisely this reason.

6. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

For anyone wondering, the guy said that his dribbling and pace are good but he hasn't hit the heights cause his shooting is poor and he's injurt prone.

JC Anton likes this.
  7. stevoEOS

Not liking the injury prone chat at all.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGe6Chwf8/

Zander likes this.
  9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I have zero interest in what anyone says when it comes to players. Even Austrian journalists who have watched him far more than anyone else has.

He has pace and dribbling and that's exactly what Maeda had but he looks as if he's far more technically sound that Maeda. Which means it's an automatic upgrade.

Shooting and composure can be coached. He will get far more chances here than he would have at Rapid.

10. FrankMcCallum

If Kyogo went to Atalanta and Jota went to Real Betis in Ange’s first season and performed like they did here, people would just say they were always unattainable.

Our fans have been conditioned in to thinking we can’t compete with these clubs.

11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

not too fussed about him lacking goals as like you say, that can be worked on and improved - that's what Rodgers is here for. the injury record is a big red flag though as we have no luck with that at the best of times and have bought a lot of players in this sub-£3m bracket over the years who've barely kicked a ball for us due to constant niggles.

12. murphy88

I’d hazard a guess it’s because we offered him more money than the Italian teams. That usually gets a deal done.

Lewis Kerr and oh bhoy like this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Surely just announce it today, there’s no point in keeping it going as the buzz of announcing a player has gone with us as it takes to long everyone knows it’s a done deal for days beforehand.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'm sure we will announce today.

Luis1967 likes this.
  15. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Or he maybe wanted to come here, win trophies, earn a good * living and play in front of 60k every second week.

16. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly thought your original comment was tongue-in-cheek, but maybe not by the looks of it. Of course the usual doom and gloom mongers were always goanny jump on it, but assmed you were operating on a higher level than this. Live and learn I suppose eh.

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I mean, it was tongue in cheek.

It doesn't mean that my position changes in terms of how we attract players of a certain calibre. I believe we can and should be competing with lower end teams in higher leagues. As do many people. You don't believe that. Which again, was why I highlighted it. Of course, there was a level of fishing with it. It's banter after all. I disagree with you on certain areas of our transfer business/model. That's always been clear. It doesn't mean we can't have some banter about it while still having vastly different opinions on how we move forward as a club.

I also don't think there was anything about my original post that was 'doom and gloom'. I pointed out that there is occasions where we can beat teams in better leagues to players like this. When we do inevitably disagree moving forward, you're no doubt going to be asking us to supply evidence of such a time. This is one of them.

I've actually defended the club to many on here so far this window. Bringing in quality takes time and I would rather we took our time over rushing into signings like we did in the summer. I've also defended the signing of Kuhn. I'm as far from doom and gloom as you can be.

18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well for a start, I didn't say you were doom and gloom, that was clearly in reference to the other dudes that jumped on your post (as was guaranteed).

What I'm getting at is that this debate around who we can attract to the club was never about players with the profile of Kuhn, it's always been about higher profile, established, experienced players that people want to see.

Of course we can attract the likes of Kuhn at 3 million, it's not like we were competing against the likes of Juventus or Inter Milan for his signature. So it looks like you guys are trying to shoehorn this signing into an argument it has no place in, in order to discredit the idea that Celtic will struggle to land high quality players at a certain level because of the league we play in. Which is undeniable imo.

As I say, fully expected from the posters who jumped on your post, but expected yourself to be aware of the difference.

19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Surely it doesn't take that long to announce if there's a verbal agreement and medical passed.

20. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    you don’t Celtic well enough drag it out till Friday is our MO got previous

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.