1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Kuhn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Jan 1, 2024.

Discuss Nicolas Kuhn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJamieson

I think he'll end up a proper star here, looks the Jota/Roberts type we love as fans. Palma has moments of magic but we're lacking a winger who beats his man regularly and has a bit of pace.

2. Slaw

100% mate I’m with you there and as I said I’ve no problem with us signing Kuhn on the face of it. I just hope we have bigger plans. * signing guys from the K2 league and Australia. Let’s hunt for guys that aren’t cutting the mustard at big clubs or who have been at some big academy’s and are playing well at a lower level. Like Kuhn.

Sounds like I’m contradicting myself a bit now but as I said, Kuhn seems a decent buy. Let’s just ramp it up a notch now.

We need serious upgrades at GK and LB. We need to be at least trying to push the boat out for those positions.

greengrocer and Liam Scales like this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye Kuhn’s profile is something I’ve been choking for us to do for ages, and something that teams like Dortmund have done very well for years.

I agree we should be looking for real quality regardless of the price, but I genuinely think it’s such a hard draw to bring them here, for the same money or even a bit more. We don’t offer many advantages compared to other teams on the same sort of level as us.

4. Slaw

We offer guaranteed CL football (which it is if we show a bit of intent with transfers) and 4-6 massive Glasgow derbies. That’s about 13 huge games a season and puts them in the shop window for bigger clubs. Not to mention the opportunity to rack up some silverware. It’s not that hard of a sell. Sure it’s always going to be hard to tempt players if there’s EPL interest but it can be done. I just seriously get the impression from our summer window that we’ve decided “oh look, we signed ORiley, Maeda, Hatate and Kyogo for a combined £9m. Keep buying players for £2m and we’re golden”

Every now and then a player comes along that we want but pull out of because of the fee. Castagne, McGinn and Toney come to mind

Rodgers is clearly frustrated with the quality in the squad.. hopefully when the next similar situation arises we just pull the trigger.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    So do the big Portuguese clubs and the Dutch ones and the Belgians… they all have big derbies, passionate fans, big crowds and better leagues.

and then there’s the wives and family to think about, some wee wag gets asked to choose between staying in Lisbon or Glasgow? Between Glasgow or London? Where they pushing their man to go.

I know we have a lot going for us. Just that the other clubs playing on that sort of level do to. And generally in a better league.

steg and bhroom like this.
  6. JamesM09

It just doesn’t work like this in reality.

Brendan Rodgers isn’t enforcing any sort of contract clause because Celtic sign a footballer. The idea is ridiculous.

7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It’s really not, you negotiate your terms mate.

Some of the stuff in contracts it’s very farfetched, * Messi’s last contract he had it as a contractual obligation to integrate into Catalan society and culture.

Neymar had it in his Barca contract Barcelona had to fly out his friends from Brazil once a fortnight to visit him.

Stefan Schwarz Sunderland contract banned him from going to space…

Bergkamp wrote into his contract he doesn’t need to go on planes

Luis Suarez had a no biting clause, Ronaldinho had it in his contract he was allowed two nights a week out no questions asked (he done about 5 instead:56:)

And my personal favourite up there with the space one - Giuseppe Reina had in his Armenia Bielfield contract that he had to be built a new house every year of his contract. He didn’t tell them the size of materials, so they built a small lego house every year and gave it to him on his the date he joined.

I’m sure Brendan saying ‘I have full control over the final answer if a player signs or not’ is far, far from the bizarrest * our lawyers have ever seen.

bhroom, martin_d and Slaw like this.
  9. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They can take MJ

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. henriks tongue

The Premiership champions have reportedly upped their bid to £2.8million but Rapid are holding out for £3m (daily record)

Sound familiar? Get it done FFS Lawell:39:

12. horseshoe

This must be lies, it's already been decided he would have signed last week but lawwell is deliberately trying to sabotage us for * and giggles.

MusselburghBhoy likes this.
  13. JamesM09

I hear what you’re saying mate.

Celtic, on the back of a treble, aren’t contractually giving up the ability to sign players for the next 3 years without the managers say so.

And I guarantee you even if they did, they will sign whoever they want when they want.

The notion is ridiculously naive. This is all based on people making up a personality for Brendan Rodgers and then rigidly asserting what he would and wouldn’t do. It’s nonsense.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Then he’s a daft *, horrendously naive, and came back with zero reassurance about things being different.

Do you think he’d come back if it was going to be the exact same * he was publicly arguing with the board over last time? If he hasn’t had any assurances, then he has no right to complain and is a spineless gutless man

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Daily Ranger don’t have a clue, they just throw * at the wall in hope something sticks.

16. JamesM09

I think it’s all more nuanced than that to be honest.

I think he probably had some verbal guarantees they’d be signing players of a certain quality and I think that’s probably being rolled back now. I think the fact he’s mentioned they need more quality several times indicates that.

I think he is probably happy with Kuhn so we’re going ahead with that, but honestly I think this is the bottom end of what he thought we’d be targeting between these two windows.

bhroom likes this.
  17. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Exactly. 100% this.

It still beggars belief that anyone thinks that BR did not sign off on pretty much every single arrival that came to the club after he arrived in the summer. But considering how much of a stink he made when he was here the first time about this sort of thing, and then when the club came cap in hand to him asking BR to return, that between him and his agents and lawyers etc, that such details would not have been included in any contract prior to his returning is absurd.

There is also the very real possibility that Rodgers just isn't very good in the transfer market. Or extremely hit and miss at best. His ratio of successful signings for Celtic is pretty much comparable with what it has been across his career, and that is to say, less than impressive, even when given a lot more in the way of resources.

18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Never mind throwing in ‘experienced’. You specifically said he wasn’t ‘quality’. 1 goal contribution every 3 games from the wing tells me you’re probably wrong.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That excites me, especially adding Abada into that mix.

Two wings with real end product. If one wing gets focused on, the other wing opens up. Palma and Kyogo haven’t quite clicked yet either, that’ll grow second half of the season, and this guy seems to be the type to thrive on others movement to find them. And then we have Abada, who’s an end product machine and from day dot has had a very good understanding with Kyogo.

Honestly, I’m buzzing with this.

And I’ve not even mentioned Maeda in there. Who can be any top 3 positions, and can be used more selectively and more as an option to come on when opposition legs are tiring, and that alone seeing that machine come on when you’re lagging physically chasing the ball all game, concentrating like * to keep the low block, that’d be demoralising because by * do you not want to be the guy needing to keep up with him or the guy facing his press.

We suddenly have a lot of different options, and a lot of different kinds of quality. As long as we get this pushed through quickly. I don’t like the sound of the stalling for a replacement, it opens up the possibility that they don’t find one

bhroom, Tommy25 and PaddyJamieson like this.
  20. PaddyJamieson

Totally agree. It's mad the effect this signing has had on me to be honest, I suddenly feel buzzing about our options going forward. Get another striker in there, a proper left back and goalkeeper, and the squad will be looking nae bad.

bhroom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.