1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Kuhn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Jan 1, 2024.

Discuss Nicolas Kuhn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    That didn’t quite happen though, did it? Shved cost a reported €2m - around £1.6m at the time.

You’ll probably remember from our previous interactions on related subjects over the years (which have largely been concordant) that I have next to zero regard for this board and blame them thoroughly for the vast majority of missteps the club makes/has made. However, you’re twisting/exaggerating things here.

They very definitely undermined Rodgers with the Shved signing, and tbf it’s really not outwith the realms of possibility that there was personal intent there on Lawwell’s part.

However, it was a project signing of a quality player who’d begun to break through elsewhere, was highly rated in his home land, and had/has a good level of talent. Could well have worked out if it weren’t for his glaring attitude problem(s). If you were going to blow money on a dud to irk the manager, at least make sure it’s good money and that the player is an actual, total dud.

That said, it would be peak Lawwell to decide on that route of action and still get it wrong…

MynameisEarl likes this.
  2. oh bhoy

the same way we put a positive spin on tilio ,yang or kwon .ill believe hes a quality player if or when he does the buisness for us not before

MynameisEarl and bhroom like this.
  3. Thebs

The transfer has grown on me after doing some research. Could be some good business but I can't help but feel if he is our priority signing we should be worried.

bhroom likes this.
  4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Who the * knows whether this will work out or not but at 24 he isn't a project, Rodgers best talent is brining players up a level, if Kuhn has the talent but not yet shown it maybe BR can coax it out of him. This wil be a positive signing I think

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

6. oh bhoy

a player with 2 1/2 years senior football ,51 games 7 goals and 10 assist for rapid .that right there is what is making me think he isnt the quality and experienced player rodgers says we are after .£70 million in the bank and we are still aiming for a cheap punt

James Mc likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    What do you make of him being consistently a choice for German youth teams, and Leipzig, Ajax and Bayern all taking him on their books at points?

Screams of a guy who is talented, left to a ‘lower’ league and is just coming into his own, and that’s an exact sort of profile I think we need go for. Chances are if that’s the case, if we wait another year, it’ll be an option out of reach for us.

Pogues and honda like this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We should be looking more at players who don't make the grade at these clubs.

They have an eye for talent and most of the Bundesliga and Eredevisie is made up from these sort of players.

I'm not saying they're all going to be decent but we need to run the rule over them before they potentially go on to become out of our reach financially.

Crilly likes this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye guys with a bit of pedigree through his football upbringing, that’s been looked at and poached from teams like he’s been at - teams that are notoriously successful at spotting young talent - who’s went out elsewhere to buckle down and get experience. There’s a very fine line in when we can get guys like that if they keep improving.

Matt O’Riley’s kinda like that for me, if we didn’t get him when we did and waited a year or so, I think he’d have been someone we wouldn’t be able to get by then.

Hammy89 and honda like this.
  10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    "Celtic really pushing for the player."

PL: I'll gie yas an extra score, or, you have have whatever's inside this mystery box....

MynameisEarl likes this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Personally his YouTube looked great. Had a decent final pass so don't get why people are saying he's no end product?

Aye his shootings a bit * but he's creating a bucket load of chances from his wing.

2 buckets now left and right and who knows, kyogo might start scoring again.

A young guy, on the books at huge teams as a high talented prospect. Didn't make it, went to a lower league that's better than ours and is starting to light it up. This is the exact time we have to pounce. Hopefully its not a one off purple patch. If we wait and see then it's too late and he's off for £10m+ to the lower epl instead. That is the only and best way for us to get incredible talent. Risky but that's it.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Cos some have decided to be unhappy with this regardless, I’d be surprised if anyone on here has seen him play even 5 full games. Which wouldn’t be a big enough sample size that either.

Wild mass guessing stage just now.

I like the style of transfer, it feels right and the kind of guys we need to go for. But I’ll be * if I know if he’s actually good or no. Don’t watch Rapid week to week

honda likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly. Can only go by stats. 12th most chances created in the world. Yes.

Good amount of assists? Yes.

Team mates can't hit a barn door? Yes.

Has a sprinkle of skill to get you off your feet? Yes.

Makes a good LB? No. *. :56:

Crilly and Liam Scales like this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back to the drawing board troops:56:

15. oh bhoy

talented youngsters dont always transition into top pros ,we only have to look at the likes of dembele ,miller, furez for examples of that .you can look at the fact he signed by thoes 3 clubs in two ways aye he may have shown enough at some point to get signed but there must be a reason he is no longer at any of them .it would be great if he is just a late bloomer

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And he’s went away, developed in a decent league and done enough to earn a move to a CL club, and apparently had German and Italian clubs sniffing around as well (I got that soley from a headline, didnt double check the article so pinch of salt there at least)

17. JamesM09

This is essentially all I’m saying. Maybe I’m giving people too much credit..

Anyway, it’s a gentle reminder to everyone with short memories that the above actually happened last time round when we were at the peak of our powers and had a real chance to kick on.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    IMG_2364.jpeg That’s not promising that…

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Funny enough it’s that which makes me think there’s 0 * chance he’d be back here if he hadn’t insured that * like that can’t happen again.

If he didn’t he’s a * idiot. And I don’t think that’s one of his flaws.

20. JamesM09

It’s naive as * to think he can ensure anything like that. I don’t mean that as an attack on you, but on all of us. It’s just a ridiculous notion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.