1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    8 point lead, granted they have games in hand. Thought we were the better team by a distance.

I'm just glad to see Rodgers engage a bit more, still not sold on him. Going back to the original point of discussion I think we are in the lead because we have a better team/squad. I know you disagree, which is fine, I was just pointing out the league table is the definitive measure in football.

Mickmac, joemc and paulie walnuts like this.
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yes we do. We just havnt played close to our capabilities.

We have the class of players like CCV, Hatate, McGregor, Kyogo and O’Riley. Rangers cant match that.

Mickmac likes this.
  3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye the jury is still out in terms of consistency, and as you say the low block still to be overcome, but we've shown plenty of times this season we can be a good side.

His credentials are not in doubt whatsoever, it's just that inconsistency that's thrown a lot of us off. If we can go on a run of 4 or 5 games after the break without dropping points, we will be in prime position. Exciting stuff man!

celtic20 likes this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Jaxxx likes this.
  5. Big C

Mr Rodgers, thank you for today. * bless you.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Their argument is that we weren't great roday and they're a couple good signings away from beating us comfortably.

Forgetting that we've beaten them twice this season with someway off a first XI both times throughout the 90 mins.

We have still to improve. This is why it's so crucial we spend and add quality and pull away from these *.

I don't understand why we are not burning to Bury them. Time and time again they fail to show up when it matters, imagine we actually invested properly.

Again, I'll maintain that if he's backed then he will succeed here and make us better in Europe. I don't think the talk of sacking him etc was ever to be taken seriously UNLESS it reached a really unrecoverable scenario.

We need to back him. I don't just mean the board, but the fanbase too. We all want the same thing.

Creativecelt and Random Review like this.
  7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  8. jj81

Never did I expect that coming from him in an interview , is it the big bollocks coming out of him ? Is there a gigantic stauner under that table ? No , it's just the truth

New song to the Sam song even though it doesn't make sense I'm singing it

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I get where he is coming from though.

We definitely aren't as far away from them as we should be squad wise. When you compare the money both clubs hold. They made a loss of £10m we have minimum 8x that in a bank.

Are we better on paper? Aye. Ofcourse. But that often goes out the window on days like today especially when all the talk was of how we are the team out of form and they are the team on the ascendancy.

Him and the squad deserve a lot of credit.

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Bah, they barely created a chance (they had chances; but they were all gifts (Johnston and Scales*) or awful defending (Johnston and Taylor*) or bad decision making (Nawrocki) from our back line). I was more worried about us beating ourselves than I was about them. Granted CCV was missing; but that was a shocking backline today, mate. We could easily have lost 4-2. Morover, swap Maeda, Bernardo and Kyogo for Turbull, Johnston and Oh and we go from bossing it against 11 to just barely clinging on against 10. Their subs didn't weaken them in the same way. The lack of quality on our bench is also worrying. This is a big window.

I couldn't agree more.

* Admittedly Taylor was fantastic going forward and Scales redeemed himself with his performance in the second half; but even so, my point stands I think.

11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Honestly i dont believe they are near as strong as us. If they had any sense they would have kept getting the ball to Sima to take on Johnstone 1v1 after his early yellow.

They have been fairly consistent in what is for me a weak SPL this season.

We have a lot more quality than them and thats what won us this game. Mcgregor was phenomenal and so was O’riley in spells.

Rodgers still needs to sort out the organisation of that defence as if they were a good side they would have punished us. Nothing is won and lost in December, always remember that.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s their centre back that were at fault for both goals really and their fullbacks couldn’t cope with Palma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Their FBs coped fine with Palma. That's probably as quiet as I've seen him. I wouldn't blame their CBs for their goals.

14. henriks tongue

Huge credit to BR today, midfield majestic and Kyogo does what he does.
    I hope, however, BR does recognise his mistake on late 3x lower quality subs, all of whom were awful and none of whom are capable to hold the ball or defend - it handed momentum back when we were absolutely cruising v 10 and made it more than twitchy.
    To be fair, he said as much in post match interview 'trying to get some energy on but lost control' of game.
    Keep your best 11 on pitch next time, we don't have (yet) enough depth in squad.

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I think he’s heard the comments beforehand from Clement about pathway open for them to win title and heard the excuses today and thought * it am biting back because the comments are unlike Rodgers tbh he normally just concentrated on himself and the team

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    You do realise if they do their jobs they don’t concede the corner that creates the goal

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Btw if anything g the result and performance show the set piece goals we been conceding is nothing to do with coaching and more to do with certain players not doing their jobs and concentrating as no goals concede from crosses or corners today

18. Pogues

Palma pinned tavernier back for most of the game which took away massively from their attacking threat I thought. So, even though he was quiet he still positively affected the game.

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's quite an indirect link. How many of our corners ever lead to goals? :56:

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He did a job; but he was also kept quite quiet in terms of creating anything after the first 10 minutes or so.

Pogues likes this.