1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Pumped. And every game that matters? Then you mention a cup tie, lol, ffs

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He needs to backed this window, 4 first team ready players to come into the team and we win this league.

3. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He knows how to win these games

Creativecelt likes this.
  4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Not getting carried away, Rodgers still has a lot to do to convince me.
    Two moments of individual quality won it today. We have a superior team to them, even with our injuries.
    Has to get a result on Tuesday and then bring the team back from the winter break organised and prepared.

5. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Dear board..you LOVE money...Your goal has always been to try and make money from the duopoly of us and them.

Forget trying to make money from the duopoly...

Back BR in January..and you can make waaaaaay MORE money from the CL..£50m for winning plus £2.4m for each game we win.... and that will make you sooo much more than keeping this fake duopoly alive.

6. Bonobhoy

The only problem we got here is that this January window is usually poor.....Not a lot of movement and we also need to get rid of players as well.

I beleive he will rip the huns a new one in the next few months regardless and power on....He has always been good at that as well......2nd half of the season is where he thrives.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Do we, though? I'd take their GK and both FBs in a heartbeat, with CCV out, I'd take both CBs too. I'd take at least 1 winger too. On the other hand, I think CM, MOR and Bernardo bossed their midfield and Kyogo's a level above anything they have.

We aren't miles ahead and we really should be.

8. cammy07

Mate come on to * :56:. Both full backs in a heartbeat? One of their full backs doesn’t even get a game for them albeit it he had a decent game. I still wouldn’t want him anywhere near Celtic. Tavernier is *, always has been. A lot of goals (pens) won’t convince me otherwise.

As for taking both their centre halves I’m genuinely not even sure where to start with that. The boy who got sent off is a 30 odd year old journeyman who is lower English championship standard at best, Goldson is another donkey who wouldn’t get anywhere near our team, what use is a centre half who doesn’t have a clue how to defend properly?

Butland fair enough, although that says more about our number 1 than anything. He’s nowhere near as good as is made on and I’d want better than him to take over from hart.

Creativecelt, Mickmac and Pogues like this.
  9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Today's game and the league position both strongly suggest yes.

The Huns have had dodgy decisions to prop them up, the pressure today came from ourselves and to a degree Rodgers subs. We still failed dramatically to bring Kyogo into the game. Kyogo pretty much did that himself today, not Rodgers for me.

Biggest positive point for me today in terms of Rodgers was his put down of the Huns. Shows he's finally starting to engage and getting a bit of his arrogance back. Good to see.

11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Did Butland have many (any) genuine saves? Near post for Kyogo (I think) is the only one I can remember.

12. cammy07

Nah nothing. I agreed with Lennon too, thought for as good as Kyogos finish was a better keeper saves it.

NomDePlum likes this.
  13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big man is getting it right now finally. Went through a spell where things were getting out of hand...performances, team selection, lack of urgency...I said after the hearts game he carries the can for our collapse so only fair he gets the praise for turning it round.

Big players coming back, new additions in January and a bit of luck with injuries and we'll absolutely coast the league.

Also seen some comments he made after the game, he's played a blinder there :50:

Creativecelt and NomDePlum like this.
  14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    There are few goals that's not true. Same could be said of the CBs who allowed him to make the space. You can however only beat what's in front of you. Not actually sure Butland had a better game than Hart too.

Regardless, it's a belter of a goal from the wee man.

NakamuraTastic and cammy07 like this.
  15. truedub1916

Just really hope everyone unites and gets behind him. Yes we have had a couple of poor performances, but he has done an incredible job
    From last year we have lost
    Starfelt, Mooy, GG, Jota, then major injuries to Hatate, Abada, CCV

He’s a top class manager and we are lucky to have him

would we take Jota back and be happy, * right we would. But he left us too what’s the difference

if he gets backed in January it’s good times ahead

Happy New Year Celtic family HH

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't think we can read too much into a 2-point lead and a nervy 2-1 win. I don't want Rodgers to make smart remarks, I want him to make plain that there are several positions that need to be strengthened: GK, LB, at least 1 winger and, after today, I'd probably say a RB too.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    It's a great goal but I agree it's not one of those where no keeper saves it. I myself don't really think Butland is any better than Hart. Both are here because they were essentially seen as 3rd choices in PL.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The only keeper I've seen in Scotland in my time who saves that is Forster and just maybe Boruc. Not Gordon, not Hun McGregor, not anyone else.

19. celtic20

We've had a bit of a ding-dong on other threads, but totally agree that he deserves the credit for today.

When I looked at this game logically, I didn't see us producing that level of performance. 2-1 massively flatters Rangers. We were winning with a bit to spare before that free-kick out of nothing.

Thought Rodgers got the better of Clement in every instance. Only mistake he made was changing the entire front-line when it probably just needed a tweak.

I still think there are major questions to answer when it comes to games against teams that sit in. But that today was massive and fair play to Rodgers given how nervy the build-up was.

2 wins out of 2 against the huns since returning. Top marks in this fixture for sure.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't want him making remarks like he did. Although we are 8 points ahead, them having 2 games in hand means it's slim. If we were 11 points ahead then maybe.
    He also said 5 managers, pretty sure he's beaten more:
    Warburton
    Caixinha
    Murty (he managed for 29 games in his 2nd run)
    Gerrard
    Beale
    Fester

So 6.