1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocco Vata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Liam Scales, Jul 8, 2021.

Discuss Rocco Vata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    It didn’t work for Doak, but if you aren’t giving him any time he’s 100% away. Give him some time in front of 60k and you may keep him. It’s never too late to change a mind and we need to show him something, assuming they want to keep him.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He was getting into squads, first team, bench and starting to get the sub option. He played a part pre-season, changed agents, refused contracts, and pretty much made it clear he wants away now.

I think we already know for a fact he’s a goner. If we didn’t, like Doak, who was on the edge and made a decision to go for a good offer after a top manager in Klopp apparently talked to him, then aye fair enough.

As it is, I think in his head he’s already a foot out the door.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I reckon the reports that he’ll be used as a striker are accurate tbh, resolution is only going to happen if he’s shown a path way otherwise he’s quite right to want to leave.

He can’t do anything more than score most games and that’s what he’s been doing for over a season now.

NomDePlum and Liam Scales like this.
  4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think it's too late for him. He got barely any game time last season, even in dead rubber matches.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I agree about the path way and we desperately need to show there is one, I just think it’s too late now in Vata’s case. New agents in the ear and everything, on a free with a signing bonus for him wherever he goes, more chance of playing first team football wherever he picks… once the heads turned like that can’t see it going back.

And I don’t think we’re really trying to hard to either, rightly or wrongly.

Probably wrongly.

martin_d and Westlondonscot like this.
  6. Bangarangura

If he's not gonna be involved in the first team then it's pretty * from the club to block his move , as * just sign a pre contract in January. Doesn't look good for other young players, they might be reluctant to sign a contract if there's a chance they'll be bombed out

7. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Without games for the first team we’re going to lose Vata and I for one can’t blame him, why do we even have a b team if there’s no obvious path to first team

8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Probably thinks he should have got his opportunity earlier and with more game time.

Hard to disagree. Personally I'm surprised he's still with us at this point as we've not done enough to keep him.

Possibly got his new agent too late. Could have had the game time last season Hacksabanovic had in all reality.

martin_d likes this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Needs to be given more game time for me. Brilliant for Ireland under 21s.

Crilly likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We need to really start giving these guys chances and pathways to the first team.

Can't blame any of them for looking elsewhere.

Can't even blame the agent overly, agents be agents, but it's not a hard sell to tell a Celtic youth player "I'll sort you a move, get you a good wage, let's be honest you aren't likely to break in to Celtic as they refuse to give much of a chance"

But even if in his head he has one foot out the door, he's still our player and we need to utilise him well and also show to others there is a chance.

Otherwise he gets chalked up as yet another in a very worrying long list of talent that get Sto 18 and realises Celtic is not the developing club they grew up hoping we are.

Maybe we give him a run of minutes and he does well and yet still leaves - so be it.
    But we need to give him a chance, to show others.
    Who knows, maybe he does enough to realise he can stay.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

buchanbhoy and NakamuraTastic like this.
  11. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    With Abada out, please to * give Vata a chance in the team.

Twisty likes this.
  12. Foley1888

He should at least be on the bench as an option, I would have him ahead of current Forrest.

If he stays or not it doesn’t look good but as others have said if he doesn’t get any time then he is gone.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He must be wondering about committing to us right about now I’d imagine, if he’d done it in the summer he’d have played a part already and with the players that are out, and the Asian Cup looming, he could cement a place and make a career.

Think the opportunity has gone now though.

Bangarangura and Crilly like this.
  14. Foley1888

See being honest the way this has went with him we should have just taken what we were offered in the summer or haggled a bit higher and let him go.

Whether he is good enough or not he isn’t signing a new deal so will be off at the end of the season at the latest.

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Frosinone are the latest Italian side to join the chase as interest in Rocco Vata really heats up.

The Celtic youngster is out of contract in the summer. The Hoops have still to open talks with the 18-year-old and he could leave in the summer for just £350,000 in training compensation. The Republic of Ireland under-21 cap is already on the radar of Italian rivals Torino. The Irish youth market is one that the Italians clubs have gone down strongly.

Frosinone had Vata watched when he was away with Ireland under-19s in Albania earlier this month and they were impressed. Nottingham Forest also had an offer for Vata turned down in the summer window and are likely to renew their interest come the summer. A number of clubs also watched the teenager net for Celtic last week in their Premier League International Cup defeat to Brighton.

16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That article saying we haven’t even made an offer? Wonder why that is

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Hard to believe that is true given the kids obvious potential. More likely is he turned down what we offered him believing he can get more elsewhere.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Could be that he’s told the club he wants to move.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Did he not make it clear that he wasn’t signing last season? Boys * it - he’d be starting right now.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Too many good young players seem to slip through our fingers at our club, it does make you wonder what is going on in the background, when is the next Tierney or Calmac going to get some game tine with the first team squad instead of us always squandering a couple of million on foreign projects.