1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, May 3, 2023.

Discuss Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It's concerning beyond belief that he is even to use 'messages' to get through to the board by November, that he needs better players.

Again, if indeed the case, makes me wonder why he's bothered coming back.

Joke.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Well the last time he was with us, it was his man at the head of recruitment and there were a few mistakes made there.

In any case, we need to get back on track in the recruitment department. Two good additions could change the mood but might be difficult to bring in quality if we dont have the appeal of european football come January.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thought rocco vata was meant to be good? Surely he should be getting run if true

BhoyFitz likes this.
  4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I thought he wanted out and wouldn't sign. Probably why he's not being used.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. Mr Diggler

Just on the back of last night it must be said that this must go down as one of our worst windows in recent history. Out of the starting 11 last night we had Palma and Bernardo in the team from the summers recruitment. That is a shockingly poor strike rate.

Luis Palma- Looks like he will be a good player for us.

Gabriel Lagerbielke- Looked utterly hopeless and now on the bench.

Odin Holm- One for the future. Should be a good find in time. Not one for now.

Maik Nawrocki- Looked decent until injury.

Marco Tilio- Hurt when signed and Rodgers going by his comments isn't impressed.

Paulo Bernardo- Looks OK. Not particularly good or bad at anything.

Kwon- Nowhere to be seen.

Yang- Potential but its November now and he looks like a squad man at best.

Nat Phillips- Emergency loan who will be off in January. Not a bad short term deal.

When was the last time we made a signing and everyone looked and said that man has to play every game. Not a loan to buy. But would it be Kyogo the last guy we signed where we all thought wow this boy is the real deal.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    MynameisEarl likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally agree @Mr Diggler a window where we should have bought quality over quantity. I genuinely believed we would, instead we went back down the 4 x £2m or less punts that are looking hopeless.

Ange said he told the board to get away from this model and go for 2 or 3 higher value players and to be aggressive we done the opposite.

thailandceltic likes this.
  7. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The thing that really annoys me is how little the board think of the fans … they must think we’re stupid.

When it was looking likely that Rodgers was going to be announced they started dropping daft things through the media to get fans on side … like the 5 year plan to get to a European final and it being one of the biggest windows for Celtic in years etc … As a few posters have pointed out, there was only 2 signings that started last night, and one probably wouldn’t have started had Hatate been fit.

Feyenoord operated like a club with ambition in the summer, bringing in first team players and actually have a smaller or very comparable wage bill to our own.

Winning the league with the cheapest possible spend is pretty much the ambition of this board.

cidermaster and AdamRS like this.
  8. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    The club gives him 3 million of them a year.

9. oh bhoy

:56: a european final , had we signed yer man ,tete ,podence ,van hooijdonk ,a dm and a lb we may have put ourselves in a position to win a game or two. rodgers is clearly * off already ,i found his comments on projects eerily reminisant of his view on the number of wingers he had during his first spell .i wonder how many players we will have lined up ready to sign before the window opens this year or will it be back to panic buys and loans on the last day

Blochairnbhoy and Lewis Kerr like this.
  10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    For next summer i’m hoping Brendan rebuilds the squad and get a proper budget to get his type of players. I can imagine the likes of Hatate, O’Riley, CCV, Abada and even Kyogo will be looking for their big move.

Need a major clearout of * players aswell

11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    At this point it's anyone's guess.

If you can say one thing about DD and his gang if vultures, it's that they're VERY reactive.

They never get their * in gear until the * already hit the fan.

It will be highly dependent on how the AGM goes at this point.
    If they get an easy ride, which is probable and what they think they deserve, it will be as you say; panic buys, loans and projects.

But if the momentum against them builds enough, and they get chewed out on the stage at the AGM, the might, might be a little bit more purposeful in the market.
    Again, highly doubtful, but the only thing these * understand are plastic sharks and banners with their names on it.

Sneaky * shipped Lawell out on holiday until the club had a feel good factor back, them opened the back door for him to rejoin the part as CEO. Which was obviously always the chain of succession.
    But it was fan preasurre that had him gone on the first place.
    Fan preasurre that got Lennon binned. Fan preasurre that got Ronny out the door. Fan preasurre that put an end to hiring a scumbag cop as our security chief.

Only fan preasurre will see Rodgers given a budget to sign quality. And only fan preasurre will see Lawell back where he should be, well away from our * club.

oh bhoy likes this.
  12. themouth1888

Got what we deserved in the CL really. Turning up to an F1 race in a Skoda while sitting on a pile of cash.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

With just a little extra investment we take at least 3pts from Lazio as they are not good at all. It's fine though we will win the league and stay firmly where we are with no improvement and the masses will rejoice.

Peej likes this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Our team just depresses me at the moment to be honest.

Slow and lacking guile. Just boring.

14. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We were just 2 or 3 more decent players away from doing something in this group, incredibly frustrating.

Peej and themouth1888 like this.
  15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    No point dwelling on the window anymore for me, it was * and we are seeing the results of it being *.

A LB and a GK and we have at least 6/7 points.

If we don't recruit properly in the January window, we'll have a title race on our hands too

themouth1888 likes this.
  16. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

That's a rodgers team all over. Saw it in the last 18 months of his last time, nothing has changed.

17. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

It was a bad window but it still doesn't hide the fact an alarming amount of our key performers from the previous 2 seasons have regressed badly under Rodgers.

Twisty likes this.
  18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    For the first time this season, I think I want to criticise Rodgers a bit for that. That Lazio team are right down there with the Shakhtar Donetsk team last year as one of the worst CL teams I've seen us play and we got 0 from 6 from them.

We might not have the players to compete with Feyenoord and we definitely don't have the players to compete with Atletico Madrid; but I think we should be doing better against a mediocre team like this Lazio one. That's a EL standard team we lost home and away to IMO.

19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I don't think our squad is even particularly impressive for the SPL never mind Europe.

Look there is such a gulf between ourselves and the top that I'm not convinced a few 6-8m players would have us into the last 16 every season, but that was a pretty favourable group and yet we don't even give ourselves a chance.

Oh well, at least we didn't finish pointless. That was my only ambition before the campaign started. Small mercies.

20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    We’re always 3 or 4 quality players off making a difference. Been that yon way for the last 10 years